Ibiza to Arona

New to the Seat Arona Forums? Introduce yourself here
maisiedormouse

Ibiza to Arona

Post by maisiedormouse » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:42 am

My hubbie and I are trading in our 15 plate Ibiza FR Black Edition for a Arona Xcellence Lux, monsoon grey with a black roof. We ordered the car early January and were given a rough build time of 12 weeks. We havent heard back from our dealer yet so I am going to chase to see if they have a build week yet. How soon did everyone else get their build date after ordering

Dolphinfriendly1012

Re: Ibiza to Arona

Post by Dolphinfriendly1012 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:11 am

I got mine build date about 6 weeks after ordering. Should be being built next week.
Seat Arona Fr Sport 1.5, Mystery Blue and Grey. Sport line pack matte silver, mud flaps, sill protectors, boot mat, blue wheel centres, blue calipers, console mats and leather armrest.(Sold)

Baggy

Post by Baggy » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:15 pm

I hate to think how long I’ll have to wait for my FR ..
Ordered it 2 week ago and was told 12-14 week wait 😱 so I guess 6 weeks for build date and then 6 weeks after for delivery .. ?
Will be well worth the wait tho

Dolphinfriendly1012

Post by Dolphinfriendly1012 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:49 pm

I ordered mine day after launch day in November, hoping to collect in.march
Seat Arona Fr Sport 1.5, Mystery Blue and Grey. Sport line pack matte silver, mud flaps, sill protectors, boot mat, blue wheel centres, blue calipers, console mats and leather armrest.(Sold)

Ian.s

Post by Ian.s » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:57 pm

Ordered an Xcellence Lux DSG in grey with orange roof back in mid November was told rough 9-12 weeks build time, contacted dealer to ask for an update in early Jan, he looked on system whilst on the phone and still nothing confirmed so still waiting 😗. To be honest later the better as may stand a small chance of having Alexa software installed or even better virtual cockpit... that’s maybe pushing it a bit though. Lol
Last edited by Ian.s on Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arona Xcellence lux 115psi DSG, monsoon grey / orange roof.

Dolphinfriendly1012

Post by Dolphinfriendly1012 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:10 pm

I wonder if the Alexa is something that can be retro fitted via a software update. I would have thought the rest of the equipment needed will already be installed with voice activation.

olliechambers1

Post by olliechambers1 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:41 pm

Ian.s wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:57 pm
To be honest later the better as may stand a small chance of have Alexa software installed or even better virtual cockpit... that’s maybe pushing it a bit though. Lol
The virtual cockpit is a £400 option on the Ateca, you definitively won't get it unless you spec it through a dealer when it becomes available!
Dolphinfriendly1012 wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:10 pm
I wonder if the Alexa is something that can be retro fitted via a software update. I would have thought the rest of the equipment needed will already be installed with voice activation.
It can't be retro fitted via a software update. I read on a forum over on seatcupra.net (I think it's on the Ateca thread) that the Alexa system needs a Wi-Fi module that will be pre-installed on Ateca's from a certain date onward. (I'm guessing that the infotainment system might be slightly different because of this.)
Seat Arona FR Sport 1.5 EVO, Mystery Blue with Midnight Black roof.

Dolphinfriendly1012

Post by Dolphinfriendly1012 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:13 pm

I wonder if a wifi dongle plugged into USB would get round this.

Williecarona

Post by Williecarona » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:25 pm

maisiedormouse wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:42 am
My hubbie and I are trading in our 15 plate Ibiza FR Black Edition for a Arona Xcellence Lux, monsoon grey with a black roof. We ordered the car early January and were given a rough build time of 12 weeks. We havent heard back from our dealer yet so I am going to chase to see if they have a build week yet. How soon did everyone else get their build date after ordering
hi there welcome ! - i ordered 6th december and got buid week 6 -dealer e mailed last week 1st march delivery 18 plate excellence in desire red with grey roof ! -enjoy !

alandl

Post by alandl » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:43 pm

Hello All,
I ordered mine on the 8th Dec.
My dealers been very communicitave with me.
He called the 4th Jan, to say that the order is in the system.
It would be leaving the factory during week 5 (29th Jan - 2nd Feb).
So it was build last week.
It should arrive in the UK and then be at the dealers he hopes for the 26th/27th Feb.
Mine on the 1st March.
I've gone for Red body and Black roof.
Arona FR, Desire Red with Black roof, and spare wheel

Return to “Introductions”