New FR Sport 1.5 DSG

New to the Seat Arona Forums? Introduce yourself here
Kugaman

New FR Sport 1.5 DSG

Post by Kugaman » Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:04 pm

Just agreed a deal on a brand new 1.5 FR Sport DSG for my wife.

Its replacing her 1.0 manual VW T-cross which has been a cracking little car.

Lets hope the Arona is just as good!

Any other 1.5 DSG drivers on here? Any thoughts on them?

Tried to search but the search facility isnt very good with short words!

Anyway, you know what they look like, but heres the car we have bought!

F0F107CA-119D-475E-825A-4C016E4CBB99.jpeg

Wifes got an Arona 1.5 FR Sport DSG

Barty71

Re: New FR Sport 1.5 DSG

Post by Barty71 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:44 am

You won’t be disappointed. I have just bought a brand new FR Sport but its the 1.0 litre engine but I am made up that I opted for the DSG. Hope you enjoy it as much as I am.
Here is mine Since these pics were taken I have de-badged it and blacked the seat badges and chrome grille surround

148A70D6-A899-4E9C-B78A-C314D1E91AB1.jpeg

CFE3A0A4-FE3E-4BD1-A66A-173891B801E9.jpeg

FR Sport
Mystery Blue
Black roof

lfcman

Post by lfcman » Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:24 am

I read good and bad reports about the 7 speed DSG,some say its smooth as silk some say its jerky and hesitant.Never driven one myself but must have a test drive one day to see what I think.

Kugaman

Post by Kugaman » Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:41 am

I do like the blue, but its my wifes car and she loves the red, so red it is!

Ive had the 7 speed DSG in a Golf and 2 Tiguans, never had any issues with any of them.

I just hope its as good as her T-cross has been! So many bits are identical, just a different body.

Snowdaddy

Post by Snowdaddy » Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:53 am

lfcman wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:24 am
I read good and bad reports about the 7 speed DSG,some say its smooth as silk some say its jerky and hesitant.Never driven one myself but must have a test drive one day to see what I think.
After 2-3 years and 23k miles I would say DSG is smooth as silk

I think some VW group cars with electric parking brake had a problem with hesitation (may have since been sorted with new software), but the Arona with manual handbrake has never had a problem.
Arona Xcelence Lux 115 tsi DSG monsoon grey with orange roof, leather and alcantara interior. Also have a Skoda Roomster.

MotorMan

Post by MotorMan » Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:06 am

I'm intrigued to know why your wife wants to change from the T-Cross? As the T-Cross hasn't been around very long it can't be very old and as you say the Arona is so similar mechanically but an older design and, in some areas, a rather penny-pinching spec. I rather like the look of the T-Cross but it wasn't available when I chose the Arona. Hope your wife enjoys it anyway.
Xcellence 115PS Red/ Black roof

Kugaman

Post by Kugaman » Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:16 pm

MotorMan wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:06 am
I'm intrigued to know why your wife wants to change from the T-Cross? As the T-Cross hasn't been around very long it can't be very old and as you say the Arona is so similar mechanically but an older design and, in some areas, a rather penny-pinching spec. I rather like the look of the T-Cross but it wasn't available when I chose the Arona. Hope your wife enjoys it anyway.
Simple enough, she wanted an automatic and a slightly more powerful car. Although she loves the T-cross, a 1.5 auto T-cross is £££££.
The T-cross was 2 years old and it was a “first edition” - spec wise, the FR Sport is very similar to the First edition.

Bottom line was it was literally £5000 cheaper to buy the Arosa rather than another T-cross, it was a no brainer for us.

MotorMan

Post by MotorMan » Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:05 am

Thanks Kugaman. Makes sense. VW prices do seem to be significantly higher than than Seat equivalent.
Xcellence 115PS Red/ Black roof

Willias400

Post by Willias400 » Thu May 27, 2021 6:05 pm

I’ve just agreed a deal on a new FR Sport 1.5 DSG. Get it next week. Went through Car Wow and my local dealers were offering around £3-3.5k discount but JCB Seat in Ashford in Kent were offering £5.5k which seemed like a no brainier. I’ve had mystery blue with the black roof as pictured above but I think they’ve got a black one left at the same money if anyone is interested. Thought it was a cracking discount. I’ve had mud flaps, centre armrest, paintwork protection and spare wheel for it too. I’ve had my fair share of VAG group cars over the years, Ibizas, Leons, Golfs, Fabias, Superb, TT, Polos etc. I’m old fashioned in that I keep my cars in the garage and the one I have now is tiny so this is the biggest car that will fit, or at least I hope it will. My last Polo GTI did and it’s not much difference in size. My dad has the same 1.5 DSG in a Golf SV and is pretty impressed. I’m used to having more bhp but I’ve heard good reviews so fingers crossed. I had the Ibiza FR in a 1.5 manual when they first came out before they stopped them but prefer a DSG. I’m getting lazy in my old age! 🙂