What does "EZ" mean in the model description?

New to the Seat Arona Forums? Introduce yourself here
Woody12

What does "EZ" mean in the model description?

Post by Woody12 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:35 pm

Hi
I am in the process of ordering a new Arona SE Tech DSG. Some of them are advertised on the web as "EZ", does anyone know what that means? Is it a special build or modified SE Tech spec?
Thanks

Bob@Burton

Re: What does "EZ" mean in the model description?

Post by Bob@Burton » Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:27 am

Hi Woody, I had to ask the question when I ordered our Arona as the dealer had both in the showroom and the guy I dealt with didn't know.

It stands for EaZy, the now single spec way of ordering the Arona and all Seats I believe.
Arona 1.0 DSG Xcellence Lux in Desire Red with dealer fit spare wheel, mud flaps and Witter detachable tow bar. Black textured bumper protector.

Woody12

Post by Woody12 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:38 am

Thanks Bob - one dealer told me it meant MY19 spec cars, so I don't really think they know either! Just so long as it isn't a cut down spec version I'm OK.

I am frustrated with the whole single spec idea - why could I only get a Winter Pack on a manual diesel Lux car when I want an auto petrol version?? They seem to be making vast assumptions about their customer base and cutting out a lot of potential customers just to simplify production runs! The Seat web sites for other countries (e.g. Ireland) still seem to offer options... maybe its Brexit punishment!!

Bob@Burton

Post by Bob@Burton » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:38 am

I ordered ours in August when the spec said it included the winter pack but no suede seats, it arrived with no winter pack but with suede seats. Agree with you, it makes it easier for Seat UK, not for the buyer.
Arona 1.0 DSG Xcellence Lux in Desire Red with dealer fit spare wheel, mud flaps and Witter detachable tow bar. Black textured bumper protector.

number6

Post by number6 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:09 am

Woody12 wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:38 am
Thanks Bob - one dealer told me it meant MY19 spec cars, so I don't really think they know either! Just so long as it isn't a cut down spec version I'm OK.

I am frustrated with the whole single spec idea - why could I only get a Winter Pack on a manual diesel Lux car when I want an auto petrol version?? They seem to be making vast assumptions about their customer base and cutting out a lot of potential customers just to simplify production runs! The Seat web sites for other countries (e.g. Ireland) still seem to offer options... maybe its Brexit punishment!!
My dealer told me that Seat had committed to a long term run of diesel production, which could not be stopped for some time, so were offering options, on diesels only, to shift more.

Snowdaddy

Post by Snowdaddy » Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:46 pm

number6 wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:09 am
Woody12 wrote:

My dealer told me that Seat had committed to a long term run of diesel production, which could not be stopped for some time, so were offering options, on diesels only, to shift more.
I too heard a similar version of this diesel story, stuck with excess production for time being so offering more deals to shift the excess diesels

The version I was told was that 1.6 diesel production is scheduled to continue until 2021 +/- 1 year
VW Group have (earlier in 2018) discontinued the 1.4 diesel (which was in other group models)
The proposed 1.5 diesel which was announced 2 years ago is no longer happening, development was stopped
There is insufficient capacity currently to build sufficient 1.0 tsi engines if 1.6 diesel was dropped short term
Arona Xcelence Lux 115 tsi DSG monsoon grey with orange roof, leather and alcantara interior

Brian566

Post by Brian566 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:41 pm

Woody12 wrote:

I can not understand why Ireland can choose options when its Right hand Drive ???
Just checked my New FR on Seat Ireland configurator LED headlights are Extra Dab Radio is extra But reverse camera is standard and they are different colour choice ?
Arona FR TSI 115 Magnetic Grey /Black Roof

Cyberbob

Post by Cyberbob » Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:30 am

EZ or Easy option is just a word to mean - "You cannot add options" just engine and paint. It was a decision made by SEAT UK to try reduce the long wait times. Options galore on SEAT.es and SEAT.de.

As for diesel you will see it slowly return to favour, over the next 12 to 18 months never to the same level but will still be a choice for while yet for certain types of drivers.

Pertol has higher Co2 and lower NoX, derv is lower Co2 and higher NoX. Some petrol engines were lost during WLTP due to emission issues. With Euro 6.2 for diesel and mandatory SCR 'rat pee' injection. Nox has come down considerably in a diesel engine. Petrol engines have joined diesels with requiring a particulate filter so both have benefited .

However, the big pollutants and giant particulate matter as well that is rarely addressed is tyre and brake dust...

Bluesfan16

Post by Bluesfan16 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:09 am

No options!!! you only get what it says on the tin for the trim level. Colour & engine/gearbox options only. e.g. if you want the digital dash you can only order a FR Sport or Ex Lux.
Excellence Lux 1.0 DSG Orange/Black. Jan 18.

Bluesfan16

Post by Bluesfan16 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:16 am

Bob@Burton wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:27 am
Hi Woody, I had to ask the question when I ordered our Arona as the dealer had both in the showroom and the guy I dealt with didn't know.

It stands for EaZy, the now single spec way of ordering the Arona and all Seats I believe.
The Arona has always been 'EZ' I've had mine since January, it is they have just added the name 'EZ' the Ibiza has now gone the same way
Excellence Lux 1.0 DSG Orange/Black. Jan 18.

Return to “Introductions”