New Arona!

New to the Seat Arona Forums? Introduce yourself here
belledefluff

New Arona!

Post by belledefluff » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:31 pm

Hello,

I'm looking at purchasing my first ever brand new car. I've test drive a lot of different cars over the last few weeks and nothing seems to compare space-wise/spec-wise and price-wise to the Arona for me.

I'm currently driving an A1 and still have outstanding finance on it and think I'll be in negative equity. I have still got £3000 left before I can VT. I was hoping to order through Motor Source Group as I'm a teacher and we get some discount on new cars there. However, I cannot trade my car in with that scheme. So, is my only option then to trade in with dealership and take the £700 or so hit on my early settlement to get an Arona?

Any advice appreciated!

I'm looking at getting the SE Tech Lux 1.0 95bhp in desire red with a black roof (I think, after much deliberation and looking through all your lovely pics!)

Any things you would change about your arona or things you love? Also has anybody ordered one recently and have a lead time? I have seen that there have been loads of problems but wondering if that's calmed down now after WLTP

Thanks

Rumbletum

Re: New Arona!

Post by Rumbletum » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:26 pm

The only thing I would say is, although it is a stunning colour in the full sun, Desire Red is a nightmare to match if repairs are needed, so don't scratch it!!

belledefluff

Post by belledefluff » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:49 pm

Oh! Thanks! I live in a flat with on street parking so sometime scratches are unavoidable! Might rethink the colour choice!

Brian566

Post by Brian566 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:16 pm

I would go for the FR or excellence I went for the SE Tec 95 but found the engine underpowered on hills or when fully loaded so I had to change to the FR a costly mistake
Arona FR TSI 115 Magnetic Grey /Black Roof

Cyberbob

Post by Cyberbob » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:36 pm

belledefluff wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:31 pm
Hello,

I'm looking at purchasing my first ever brand new car. I've test drive a lot of different cars over the last few weeks and nothing seems to compare space-wise/spec-wise and price-wise to the Arona for me.

I'm currently driving an A1 and still have outstanding finance on it and think I'll be in negative equity. I have still got £3000 left before I can VT. I was hoping to order through Motor Source Group as I'm a teacher and we get some discount on new cars there. However, I cannot trade my car in with that scheme. So, is my only option then to trade in with dealership and take the £700 or so hit on my early settlement to get an Arona?

Any advice appreciated!

I'm looking at getting the SE Tech Lux 1.0 95bhp in desire red with a black roof (I think, after much deliberation and looking through all your lovely pics!)

Any things you would change about your arona or things you love? Also has anybody ordered one recently and have a lead time? I have seen that there have been loads of problems but wondering if that's calmed down now after WLTP

Thanks
The Arona is a lovely drive and a nice car but it is a real step down interior quality wise against your A1. You will notice that and the slight loss of refinement. My one criticism of the Arona is the vast hard plastic interior which also reduces refinement as there are no soft plastics to absorb noise. But, it well screwed together and functional.

If you have either the 1.2 90 or 1 litre 95 TSi then the Arona won't be that much of a difference performance wise. In fact the 1.0 litre 95 engine and five speed gearbox are the same as in the A1 yours and the new one.

SE Tech is a decent spec my favorite colour combo is black roof and mystery blue, after that what I went for which is silver and black roof. Silver is the easiest colour to keep clean. FR is nice, but does cost quite a bit more but gives the extra punch as Brian has stated along with a slightly classier interior.

Looked at Motor Source in the same trade as you although escaped sate education into the private sector... Try Carwow and get some quotes from them. They will also give your an online P/X figure as well!!

belledefluff

Post by belledefluff » Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:36 am

Thanks guys! Good advice regarding the engine. The one I test drove was the 1.0 95bhp and took it out on the dual carriageway and thought it wasn't too bad. But didn't really do any hills or anything. My audi at the moment is a 1.4 TFSI so might need to rethink the engine.

Heading up to the dealer later so might see if I can have a look at FR models as well to compare.

Thanks again for your advice!

sp1957

Post by sp1957 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:35 pm

I 've got recently the FR 1,5 petrol 148 bhp in perineus gray with black roof. With the exception of the rather stiff suspension the car is amazing. The engine is very powerful regardless hills or fully loading. It's alive even at 1000 rpm.

Return to “Introductions”