Arona FR Handbrake failure

New to the Seat Arona Forums? Introduce yourself here
Briboy

Re: Arona FR Handbrake failure

Post by Briboy » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:01 pm

Hi
I've just taken my se technology in for the rear seat belt recall, but they told me there is one on the hand brake as well they fixed that at the same time, all fixed both jobs done in 30 minutes.

Fl3tch

Post by Fl3tch » Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:50 am

I take it your brakes are discs too?

AronaKent

Post by AronaKent » Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:23 am

Just booked my Arona SE Tech in for the parking brake recall (and rear seat belt fix) after receiving a Recall letter from Seat UK. Anything I need to be aware of or avoid prior to taking it to the dealers next Thursday?
2018(68) Arona SE Technology, 1.0 95ps TSI Manual. All silver - Full LED Headlights :idea:

alandl

Post by alandl » Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:31 pm

I've had my FR a year and 1 month. It has 21,500 miles on the clock as 3 times a week it goes from Kent to Heathrow.
Since day 1 mine has creaked when you get out or in.
My family own a MB dealership, so I had it in their workshop up on a ramp to see if we can come up with a fix. We have tried different cables from handbrake to wheels, we have tried different brackets that pull on the cables in case they were bending and loosing their grip on the wheel.
We have also tried different pads and discs’. All to no avail it still creaks.
So, I've learned to live with it and once parked I leave it 1st Gear. Having to press the clutch to start the car is an advantage and having it in 1st gear means were ready to go.
Taking it to a dealer may help but (in my experience) all they will do is adjust it and say that's is all they can do.
At its first service back in Feb Seat mentioned to me they had adjusted it, but even when it was brought from the workshop to the front of the dealers it creaked when the Service manager got out.

Another question.
Mine also jerks like a kangaroo when cold or hot does yours F13tech and Keitht? It can be embarrassing when on the M25 in a queue moving at walking pace as jerks and jumps long.

Also does anyone know where I could get a parts catalogue that shows exploded views of the car. I want to see what the internal roof looks like to see if a rear light can be fitted.
Arona FR 1.5TDI
Desire Red with Black Roof
Full Spare Wheel Kit
Added Front Arm Rest

keitht

Post by keitht » Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:15 pm

alandl,
I stop mine creaking by putting the handbrake on hard whilst pressing the foot brake. If I apply the handbrake lightly the rear brakes creak when I open the door or get out of the car particularly when parked on a slope. All my dealer did was to adjust it when I moaned about the handbrake feeling rough, after a few weeks it was back to ‘normal’.

I have had no problem with jerking, but have only done about 6500 miles. Did yours start after a few months, or was it like from new? If you have the 1.5 it is a known problem, see other VAG forums.

Keitht
Desire Red with black roof FR

alandl

Post by alandl » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:02 pm

Your right Keitht it is a 1.5
It could have been from day one, but you know what it’s like trying to get use to a new car. You can’t always pull away smoothly, so you put it down to it being a new car and you getting used to it.
I’m told that the gearboxes were designed for the 1.0 and not the 1.5 so there is a bit of incompatibility and that Seat are working on a software update.
I’m not convinced as the Ateca forum is full of 1.5’s having the same issue but some on that forum they also mention a lag in response from putting your foot down to the car actually accelerating.
Arona FR 1.5TDI
Desire Red with Black Roof
Full Spare Wheel Kit
Added Front Arm Rest

Return to “Introductions”