The Seat Arona - Officially Revealed

All Seat Arona related discussions
Rob
Site Admin

The Seat Arona - Officially Revealed

Post by Rob » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:52 pm

The New SEAT Arona is the Spanish brand's third new release in 2017, after the upgraded Leon and the New Ibiza. This is yet another addition to the SEAT range in its biggest product offensive ever, which also includes the Ateca and the upcoming large size SUV that will be released in 2018.

The New SEAT Arona sits neatly within the SUV range as the younger brother in the family, combining the advantages of its compact dimensions in the city, with its crossover attributes once it is out of the city limits. It’s also the fact that the SEAT Arona is so elegant, spacious, practical and comfortable, both in the normal Monday to Friday working week and adventurous, robust, sporty and efficient at the weekend. All of this combined with applied safety and connectivity technology that is only seen in higher market segments, plus SEAT’s undoubtable attractive and distinct design, as well as with the sports DNA dynamism and finesse of the Spanish brand. The Arona, manufactured exclusively in Martorell - the plant with the largest production volume in Spain - will play a key role for SEAT, strengthening the brand and increasing sales.

"We at SEAT are very persistent. With our biggest product offensive, by the time the Large SUV reaches the market, SEAT will have launched, on average, a new vehicle every six months in two and a half years. SEAT has allocated a total of 900 million euros in investments and R&D expenditure to the Ibiza and Arona. These investments are a part of the total investment of 3.3 billion euros for the 2015-2019 period”, says Luca de Meo, President of SEAT. "The commercial launch of the New Ibiza is taking place this very month, and Arona will be premiered at the Frankfurt Motorshow".

The New SEAT Arona is the first SEAT model in the compact crossover segment, which has increased four-fold since 2015. Far from confining itself to a specific category, the Arona is a lesson in versatility. Thanks to its compact size and the sensations of safety and control offered by its high driving position and modern design, it is perfect for everyday city driving, but it’s not afraid to show its fun and adventurous side either.

The New SEAT Arona is designed for drivers looking for a sense of excitement, distinction and functionality. People who know that age is just a number, not an outlook on life. This is a car that fits their lifestyle, that works in both the city and the countryside, that is loaded with technology and that is comfortable, spacious, safe, dynamic and all-purpose. It is a car that's easy to get in and out of, and if that weren't enough, a car in which your luggage can fit easily with no hassle whatsoever.

Always ready for an adventure

When it comes to passive safety, the New SEAT Arona performs at the highest level in an environment that is much more demanding nowadays. “We’re certain that the New SEAT Arona is the perfect answer to the current demands of our customers, in terms of dynamic behaviour, comfort, safety and state-of-the-art technology. We are once again setting new standards in the segment” says Dr. Matthias Rabe, Executive Vice-President for Research and Development.

The New SEAT Arona has all of the driving assistance and infotainment systems you know and love from other SEAT models, such as Front Assist, Adaptive Cruise Control, Hill Hold control, Tiredness Recognition System, Auto lights and wipers, Multi-Collision Braking, Keyless Entry and Start System, precise and high-quality rear camera, premium 8-inch black panel touchscreen, and Connectivity Hub with Wireless Phone Charger and GSM signal amplifier. The Arona also offers an optional Rear Traffic Alert, Blind Spot Detection and Park Assistance System, which works for both parallel and angled parking.

IMG_2274.JPG

IMG_2273.JPG

IMG_2272.JPG

IMG_2271.JPG

IMG_2270.JPG

IMG_2269.JPG

IMG_2268.JPG

IMG_2267.JPG

IMG_2266.JPG

IMG_2265.JPG

IMG_2264.JPG

Rob
Site Admin

Re: The Seat Arona - Officially Revealed

Post by Rob » Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:42 pm

Video showing the Seat Arona:

https://youtu.be/Pmbgvyo5_ts

Buzz

Post by Buzz » Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:42 am

UK specs have yet to be finalised, but we can expect the range to mirror the Ibiza line-up, so S, SE, SE Technology, FR and range-topping Xcellence trims are likely to be offered. SEAT has confirmed dual-mode suspension and its Drive Profile with four modes (Normal, Sport, Eco and Individual) will feature on FR editions.

Dannyboy

Post by Dannyboy » Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:04 am

That actually looks pretty nice, I won't lie. I rather like how roomy it looks, especially with my skinny legs and everything. Looking forward to shooting about the countryside in one.

Maxi

Post by Maxi » Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:56 am

Ahhh this is the information I came looking for.

So far, it's not bad. It's sporty, big enough to get places, and not too large.

What I want to know is; How far can you get on a full tank of gas? If it's going to be expensive filling it up and I have to do it often for my regular traveling, then I might overlook it. But if it's got great distance on it, I'm all for it.

Return to “Main Seat Arona chat”