Audi Q2

All Seat Arona related discussions
Wowzz

Audi Q2

Post by Wowzz » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:25 am

Somewhat surprised that so many on this site are buying a top of the range Arona, when for the same price they could have a 1year old Audi Q2, which is a better car, and will hold its value.
Don't get me wrong, I bought a one year old Arona, at £4000 less than the current list price, and it is fine, but to spend more than £17k on a new one is madness.

Snowdaddy

Re: Audi Q2

Post by Snowdaddy » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:36 am

When I ordered by Arona (April 2018) you couldn’t get an Audi Q2 for less than about £25k, and was nearer £27k for any with decent equipment list.

I was looking for petrol autos, even visited West London Audi (with their multi tier showroom) and salesman tried to convince me in quite upper crust way that diesel was much better, (because they had unwanted diesels, but had sold out of petrols). So Audi was struck off as a brand for employing annoying staff who cared more about their sharp suits, and don’t listen to customers.

I too chose the Arona, got a brand new one, and got a >£3000 cash equivalent discount, and I can go on autoTrader today and find used Xcelence Lux DSGs for more than I paid. So must be holding its value for now.
Arona Xcelence Lux 115 tsi DSG monsoon grey with orange roof, leather and alcantara interior. Also have a Skoda Roomster.

Brian566

Post by Brian566 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:21 am

Hi
I too looked at the Audi Q2 and on paper it looks a good price until you look at the extras required to match the Arona puts it up to £26000 !
No sat Nav No LED headlights and if you look at Audi comments the interior trim is basic compared to other Audi's
But my main reason for not buying it was the terrible rear visibility due to the small window and large rear side panels
Plus it was not as high off the ground as the Arona and the easy access is what i wanted
Arona FR TSI 115 Magnetic Grey[ Black Roof

gingee

Post by gingee » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:35 am

I was so up for an Audi Q2 (current car is an A3), but after watching a few reviews I went for the Xcellence Lux. At around £23k, I think the same spec would cost about £30k on a Q2. My new Arona turned up at the dealers yesterday (all black - just like a Q2), but not picking it up until March.

Bonzo

Post by Bonzo » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:39 am

I also considered the Q2, as mentioned when i added on all the things I wanted it was much more expensive.
And what’s going on with those 1960s Transit van air vents.
FR 115 with DSG

Pjldecor

Post by Pjldecor » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:15 pm

Hi Gingee. You say your car is at the dealership now but you don't want it until March. My car is arriving in March and would be ready for pick up on the 30th. I asked if I could have it on the 1st April so not to waste a hole month of car tax. The sales rep told me that under Seat rules the car has to be delivered to the customer the same month it arrives at the dealership. Do you think He's having me on?
Last edited by Pjldecor on Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

keitht

Post by keitht » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:52 pm

Pjldecor,
Ask your dealer to tax the car for a year and a week, that way you will preserve the 12 months tax. Mine was registered on the 28th of Jan 2018 and I picked it up on the 2nd of Feb. The tax lasted until the end of Jan 2019.
I know it is annoying but remember wasting £12 in the purchase of a new car is not significant!
FR Sport Mystery Blue with Black Roof

Snowdaddy

Post by Snowdaddy » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:15 pm

Pjldecor wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:15 pm
Hi Gingee. You say your car is at the dealership now but you don't want it until March. My car is arriving in March and would be ready for pick up on the 30th. I asked if I could have it on the 1st April so not to waste a whole month of car tax. The sales rep told me that under Seat rules the car has to be delivered to the customer the same month it arrives at the dealership. Do you think He's having me on?
A brand new car can be taxed for upto 53 weeks, which goes back to the days of having to physically obtain the disc for the windscreen prior to drive away

More likely is that if you don’t collect until 1st April, it will go in the books as April so won’t count towards the salesman’s 1st Quarter sales which may affect any sales related pay bonus.

Mine arrived last few days of a month, and they held it for 2 weeks as I was going away. not a problem.

Of course if you have a part exchange 30 March is better, because you can go online and stop tax for old car before you reach April (too short a time to do manual forms though)
Arona Xcelence Lux 115 tsi DSG monsoon grey with orange roof, leather and alcantara interior. Also have a Skoda Roomster.

Wowzz

Post by Wowzz » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:45 am

gingee wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:35 am
I was so up for an Audi Q2 (current car is an A3), but after watching a few reviews I went for the Xcellence Lux. At around £23k, I think the same spec would cost about £30k on a Q2. My new Arona turned up at the dealers yesterday (all black - just like a Q2), but not picking it up until March.
£23 k for an Arona seems a lot of cash for a car that will depreciate much more than an Audi. If you spent the same amount on a 1 year old Audi, in 3 years time which car would be worth more? OK, I know the Arona has lots more superfluous kit (why are led headlights so important anyway?), but buying a top of the range but mass market car is just chucking money away.

Ash

Post by Ash » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:01 am

I didn’t even consider the Audi when looking for a new vehicle, it’s not as good looking as the arona in my opinion also I hate the brand snobbery attached to Audi.

Having had a car with xenon headlights and going to a car with halogen headlights you realise how much better the xenon were for driving at night so for me when looking for a new car xenon or led headlights were a must have which instantly ruled a few cars out.
1.0 FR Sport Mystery Blue

Return to “Main Seat Arona chat”