SD Card Satnav Blunder

All Seat Arona related discussions
coolnikhit28

SD Card Satnav Blunder

Post by coolnikhit28 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:55 pm

Hi all,

So a few months ago, my old laptop managed to corrupt my original Seat SD card ironically whilst I was trying to back it up so that I could then update it. Naturally dejected as it wiped my original OVERALL.NDS file. I have since got a new laptop and inserted the SD card into it and confirming my horror, the card was semi-wiped by my old laptop including the important "Overall" file. So I went ahead and thought, let me just completely format it properly on my new laptop.

After this I thought well what have I got to lost I've lost my OVERALL file anyway...so I downloaded 1310 update. Inserted into my car, and the dreaded "Navigation Database Not Available" error came up.

Is there ANYTHING I can do as a workaround as I don't have my overall.nds file? Of course I guess I could pay Seat and get a new SD card put in and then update it myself, this time with a new laptop that will back it up properly before I start. But I would rather not pay Seat if I could avoid itand my local dealer is a bit of a dud, I have called twice about a new SD card, they've said they'll find out and call me back but to no avail...!

Any means to resurrect, solve things would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Nik

Lampie

Re: SD Card Satnav Blunder

Post by Lampie » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:43 am

hmm, messed it up good.
Hindsight... what you should have done is try to recover the file before you put new data on the sd card.
Now you have probably overwritten the OVERALL file, and it is lost forever.

I can send you mine... but I don't think it will work.

What you can do is buy a new SD card in Holland, Belgium or Germany.
Why... you get lifetime Mapcare, and don't have to mess with data again, simply update
Seat Arona FR DSG7 Business Intense Full LED 130HP 280Nm 10777 km

Seat Urban Vehicle ®

coolnikhit28

Post by coolnikhit28 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:36 pm

Thanks for that. I presume it should be “easy” enough to buy an EU origin SEAT SD card online and have it shipped here? Would it still work though? What about this chatter about the SD card being unique to the car etc etc? Haven’t quite got my head round it yet.

Lampie

Post by Lampie » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:12 pm

the OVERALL.nds file is linked to the SD card, not to the car.
I can not think of a reason why any EU card won't work in your Seat.

You could ask the dealer, perhaps he knows

Seat Urban Vehicle ®

coolnikhit28

Post by coolnikhit28 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:22 pm

Lampie wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:12 pm
the OVERALL.nds file is linked to the SD card, not to the car.
I can not think of a reason why any EU card won't work in your Seat.

You could ask the dealer, perhaps he knows
Ok so I have an update. I posted for help in the Ateca forums as well and a gentleman had had the same version of Seat maps as I did. He kindly sent me his overall.nds file, I copied it onto my SD card and magically my maps are now working again. So this whilst the car might be locked to a specific SD card, one thing for sure is that the OVERALL.NDS file is NOT linked to the SD card and I believe that it is linked to the original version that was originally on the SD card at the time of purchase of the car. In my scenario it was just really fortunate that another kind gentleman had the exact same version as I did and he emailed me his file.

So fingers crossed, it's all sorted now.

DomesticExtremist

Post by DomesticExtremist » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:56 pm

Useful to know.
SE Technology TDI 95

Lampie

Post by Lampie » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:36 am

I stand corrected.... I did not know, you could share the OVERALL file
Advice : make several copy's of the file, in the cloud, on your HDD , on a separate SD card.
Don't you dare to loose it again ;-)

Seat Urban Vehicle ®

coolnikhit28

Post by coolnikhit28 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:23 am

Lampie wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:36 am
I stand corrected.... I did not know, you could share the OVERALL file
Advice : make several copy's of the file, in the cloud, on your HDD , on a separate SD card.
Don't you dare to loose it again ;-)
Indeed! It’s saved onto 2 different cloud storages and in my email and physically on my laptop hard disk! It’s going nowhere unless Apple, Google and Microsoft’s servers all go irreversibly bust AND my new laptop hard disk also goes kaput lol! :P

Return to “Main Seat Arona chat”