Airflow & fogging up

All Seat Arona related discussions
Brucie

Airflow & fogging up

Post by Brucie » Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:34 am

I've noticed something peculiar. When I turn the blower all the way up and turn the knob to distribute the air to the footwells only, I still feel quite a lot of air coming from both the left and right vents. The middle ones not so much. I have manual air-conditioning.

Also when the weather outside is less than ideal, the front window especially starts fogging up real easy. It's especially bad when it rains or when it's really cold outside. When I distribute the air to the window the issue disappears, but I have to say that my previous car (Honda Insight) never had this problem. Then again I had climate control on that one, so maybe that helped? Never put it on auto though.

Could anyone confirm if these 'issues' are normal? This is my first new car, but I'm let down by the quality control.
I had to go back to the dealer three times to get the rubber door seals replaced under warranty.
The engine and the handling on the road are fantastic though.

trev3

Re: Airflow & fogging up

Post by trev3 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:14 am

Yes my Arona does mist up more quickly than my previous cars, both front and side windows.
More so when it is raining.
Directing the fan to the screen does clear it quickly though.
Arona SE Tech red/black roof . Collected June 14 2018 :)

MotorMan

Post by MotorMan » Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:25 am

I too have noticed the air distribution seems to have a mind of it's own. The side windows in particular seem to mist-up quickly especially with 3-4 people in the car. I tend to use the 'auto' function which usually produces lots of fan noise initially but does at least keep the side windows clear. Mine has the climate control but I'd actually prefer my previous car's manual air conditioning which seemed more flexible.
Xcellence 115PS Red/ Black roof

Cap boiler

Post by Cap boiler » Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:33 pm

As expected and not unusually, given the seasonal change, this issue arises. Not difficult to use max setting with aircon to clear- multiple factors come into play - is the engine warmed up- is the re-circulate off- is there wet clothing/gear in the cabin.
I’ve never found a problem clearing the windscreen and side windows, then reverting to auto setting on climate control to maintain comfortable and clear glass.

Brucie

Post by Brucie » Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:25 am

I'm kind of relieved to hear other owners having the same experience. I'll just chuck the quick misting up to the characteristics of the car.

Thanks for the replies.

DomesticExtremist

Post by DomesticExtremist » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:04 pm

I have had similar issues. If you turn it on to demist, it uses aircon (cold) air to clear it, pretty quickly, but it mists up again as soon as you revert to cabin/foot air circulation.
Otherwise, having the heater set around 50% will keep it clear without needing the demister, but not much use in warmer weather.
I have to say this has become a bit of a niggle during this wet summer/autumn, not so much now the temps are cooler though.
SE Technology TDI 95

Roger H

Post by Roger H » Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:18 pm

My car is suffering badly with demisting since last Thursday 28 Nov when the passenger side of the car misted badly. I tried all of the (manual) settings to no avail --- dangerous driving like this. I've just been on a trip of 25m each way, had to resort to driving with the windows partly open, at 3 degrees C no fun. My dealer can't look at it for another 2 weeks ! What service!

Roger H

Ash

Post by Ash » Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:24 pm

I’ve not noticed mine misting up but I have had ice on the inside of the windscreen a few times now which isn’t great, but I regularly go 5-7 days between using it so perhaps that’s what’s causing it.
1.0 FR Sport Mystery Blue

Snowdaddy

Post by Snowdaddy » Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:22 pm

Its all to do with temperature and humidity, and when temperature falls moisture condenses on the glass
The air conditioner will dry the air (and always sensible to run it all year to avoid drying out seals, few pence extra fuel is cheaper than a regas)

A friend suggested reusable dehumidifiers, not tried them, but I'm told they absorb moisture, and when indicator changes colour you just microwave them for a few minutes (presumably with kitchen extractor on otherwise will just fill kitchen with the water vapour). Don't know what brand, but something like this, which can be left on dashboard when parked to dry the air if only doing short journeys.

Arona Xcelence Lux 115 tsi DSG monsoon grey with orange roof, leather and alcantara interior. Also have a Skoda Roomster.

Ash

Post by Ash » Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:48 pm

A reusable dehumidifier is a great idea, thanks.
1.0 FR Sport Mystery Blue

Return to “Main Seat Arona chat”