New Arona FR Sport

All Seat Arona related discussions
lfcman

Re: New Arona FR Sport

Post by lfcman » Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:52 am

SEAT connect will only work on 2021 year model cars built from September onwards which rules out My February build car.

Dunkelmann

Post by Dunkelmann » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:08 pm

lfcman, you asked how to get updates if there are no SD cards. SEAT Connect is one possible way, as you say for some cars. Perhaps someone with no SD Card slot and no SEAT Connect has to get the dealer to do it? I am intrigued to know myself out of curiosity.
Arona Xcellence, petrol, 1.0 TSI 115 PS, manual, Black, 04/18
Ateca Xperience petrol 1.5l, DSG, Black, on order

Sbarker

Post by Sbarker » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:24 pm

Can't get seat connect to work at all just keep saying activating pretty cheesed off!

pks1414

Post by pks1414 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:16 pm

I tried the thing with the two keys but it didn't work so I called Seat and they are looking into it. I've turned the wi-fi on in the car and all sorts but connect just will not activate, I'm waiting on a call within 48hours. They did confirm though that Carplay is wired not wireless :( I've just tried putting Logos on Radio Stations again, I changed to file type from .png (which used to work) to .jpg. The trouble is the infotainment system cannot open the USB and the puzzling thing is that I have all of my music on a USB and it can see the Album Artwork when I play media, yet if I try and load the USB via Mirror link it can't do it??? I tell you I am really baffled I'm hoping someone can crack this before I go nuts

Sbarker

Post by Sbarker » Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:22 pm

Same with my driving me nuts seat connect won't work. They told me later that it appears the dealer has not enabled the esim. If you turn on car and the little globe is grey it's not enabled!

So I have tried login through car says unrecognised. Tried register through car just says activating and never gets further.

In connect app I am linked to my car can see vin etc all correct. If I try set as primacy user I get to a screen where it says I will be getting contract via email but never get the email or contract.

So I am logged into car as guest. No internet radio or connect services.

Dealer is going to try sort their demo tomorrow.

Spent three hours going nowhere today.

Plus don't think new infotainment as good. Tried to remove the buttons or change homescreen layout but you can't seem to do it.

Struggling and dissapointed!

Sbarker

Post by Sbarker » Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:39 pm

Noticed glove box lid not damped anymore when did they change that one!?

pks1414

Post by pks1414 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:19 am

Hmmmm that little grey globe is white but connect still not activated. No phone call from Seat yet

Sbarker

Post by Sbarker » Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:40 pm

Did you get email contract from seat for data etc?

Still waiting for dealer to come back to me

pks1414

Post by pks1414 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:56 pm

Thinking about it, no I didn't get anything. I just get the feeling that Seat have released something and very few people at Seat know what's going on. One mighty big backward step with this infotainment system. I got a Sandisk dual socket USB for my music which does the job, I just hate having the thing sticking out by the wireless charger, loving the rest of the car though

Aveleydave

Post by Aveleydave » Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:28 pm

Looks like I'm going to have a conversation with my dealer about the removal of the CD player/SD card device in the glove box. There has been no communication about it with me. Even with the introduction of digital media across many cars on the market today, it was actually commented on by the sales agent when we first viewed the car. My wife was looking forward to having some of 'her' music on for a change. Now I guess I'll have to transfer it onto a data drive to use it.