Seat Arona Forum banner

Waiting time for new order?

307K views 706 replies 131 participants last post by  Ditch 
#1 ·
I ordered an Arona Excellence Lux on 3rd January and I've still not got any date for build, etc.

Never ordered Seat before so don't know if this is normal for them as a company, but it seems quite a long time to wait to get any idea of a rough delivery time?

Anybody else got dates for orders?

#627 ·
I finally have been given a confirmed build date of the week commencing 13th May from the dealer.

I ordered on 27th February.
I have lost track of average times to delivery, but if 12 weeks as some have suggested, then I guess I'm looking at August?

#629 ·
Quickbrew said:
I finally have been given a confirmed build date of the week commencing 13th May from the dealer.

I have lost track of average times to delivery, but if 12 weeks as some have suggested, then I guess I'm looking at August?
I don't understand why your build date is so late, I ordered 5th March with build date first week May, you should be ahead of me, the delivery date for me is first week June.

#630 ·
philby123 said:
Quickbrew said:

I don't understand why your build date is so late, I ordered 5th March with build date first week May, you should be ahead of me, the delivery date for me is first week June.
It depends on how the order is placed, some dealers (including some of those buying bigger quantities for lease companies), put in speculative orders which they then convert to real orders, so the order start date was slightly earlier. I understand they can update some details eg colour until a spec lock date (from memory about 3 weeks before build date). Of course if there are no takers then they end up as their own stock.

Quickbrew the 12 weeks is current average from placing order to delivery, about 7-8 wait, then build, then 2-3 weeks at port / on ship, then about 1-2 weeks for delivery from UK port and dealer prep.

#632 ·
dannymidd said:
registration plate has been allocated to car but not showing on dvla ... also supposed to be on the way to dealer any ideas why i cant see it on dvla and how long to wait now
It takes a few days for the DVLA to show new registrations online.

#636 ·
@philby123,

I believe my long wait is to do with it being a motability order.

I have heard that motability orders are seen as captive sales, so don't get the same attention as those where a customer may be more likely to cancel due to long build/delivery times.

You see, I still have my current motability car (Skoda Octavia) until my Arona arrives.

I don't know how true it is that motability orders are effectively second-class, in line to regular sales, but I read it somewhere and it seems to be bearing out.

#639 ·
Well just to add another fly in the ointment, my lease company have just said that my delivery date to dealer is around 2 June BUT my delivery date could be up to 3 weeks later, they cited receiving registration mark can take a week then they have to agree a delivery slot after PDI with dealer and they allow up to 2 weeks for that, however that 3 week process can be a lot less but it could be how it plays out.

#642 ·
jem16 said:
Ordered my Arona Lux Excellence on 4th April. I've just been told my build week is 21 and we're currently in week 18. Does that sound right? If so when should I be expecting to take delivery of the car?
Sounds about right, roughly one month from build to handover at dealer (exact dates depend on ship schedule) so anytime within 3-5 weeks

Consistent with the common suggestion of 12 weeks from order to pick up

#643 ·
Snowdaddy said:
Sounds about right, roughly one month from build to handover at dealer (exact dates depend on ship schedule) so anytime within 3-5 weeks

Consistent with the common suggestion of 12 weeks from order to pick up
Thanks. Should hopefully just squeeze into end of June then to save having to tax current car and then MOT due by 14th July.

#644 ·
Ordered an Arona Fr sport 1.5 TSI on March 26th. Just had an e-mail from the dealer saying my car has been built and left the factory, so should be with them end of May. I was given an initial build date of week 19 (which is next week) so it would appear Seat are a week ahead of schedule.
Hope this gives an indication of timescales to those who are waiting?!

#648 ·
Good morning everyone. I have ordered an Arona SE Technology 1.0 DSG on 9th May in UK. My order receipt suggested 16 weeks which would take it to end of August. Upon reading comments on this forum, I take it that might be slightly sooner, and the dealership was just playing safe with the date? First ever new car I have bought - always had clunkers - and excited to take delivery.

#649 ·
Hi, the usual time at the moment is about 12 weeks from order to delivery.As soon as it leaves the factory I've been told by the dealer it's about 4 to five weeks till you get the car. However it has to be shipped to the UK. This means it could be sat on the docks at Barcelona for a week or two until a ship becomes available. The usual route for a ship is from Barcelona to Setúbal in Portugal (where it collects VW t-roc's and Alhambra's) then either straight to Sheerness or via Santander to Sheerness. Next port of call is Grimsby then Tyne. Depending on where you live, depends where your car is unloaded. The usual sailing time is about a week to 10 days from Barcelona to the Uk.
The dealer will not know anything further between it leaving the factory until it's unloaded in the UK. It's then in the hands of the vehicle transport firms to get it to your dealer. Once the dealer has it there's PDI checks to do then it's yours!
The ships sailing the route at the moment are the Pegasus Ace and the Aquarius Ace. These can be tracked on ship finding websites if you want see where they are and will give you a rough idea on when your car will arrive in the UK.
As you can see there are a load of factors in delivery times so your dealer might indeed be hedging their bets saying 16 weeks however he's probably factored in holiday closing of the factory over the summer as well.
Hope this all helps....

#650 ·
My Arona (1.0 TSI 115 FR) is getting delivered to me next Friday 31st May after the order getting confirmed on the 12th March (lease car order) so 12 weeks almost to the day,

Looking forward to it turning up :)

#651 ·
I ordered an x lux on 27 Feb.
I have received dealer confirmation the car has been built (build date was 13th. MAY) - However, no idea when it will arrive in the UK - then we have UK distribution and PDI to contend with, so could be weeks yet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.