Waiting time for new order?

All Seat Arona related discussions
Ping

Re: Waiting time for new order?

Post by Ping » Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:49 pm

E-mail today from dealer. my car will be ready for my collection 11th June, so picking it up 10am that day. 👍
Was ordered 26th March

philby123

Post by philby123 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:43 pm

Ping wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:49 pm
E-mail today from dealer. my car will be ready for my collection 11th June, so picking it up 10am that day. 👍
Was ordered 26th March
Nice😀

jem16

Post by jem16 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:40 am

Dealer emailed me yesterday and car due to be collected on Friday. Ordered 4th April so just over 10 weeks.

Just trying to sort out transferring my private number plate over to the new car. Previously it's all been handled by the dealer but I see you can now do it online. However looking at the process it seems I remove the number first from current car and then it's assigned to new car. Fair enough but I still need it on current car as it's getting traded in. Anyone gone through this process recently?

Goldfish

Post by Goldfish » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:08 pm

I've just received an email from my dealer to say that my DSG Arona is due to be built next week and should be with them in July. Originally ordered on 9th May and sales invoice quoted delivery as 30th August. Apparently Arona production is ahead of schedule according to the dealer.
SEAT Arona SE Technology DSG. Desire red with black roof & spare wheel

LynnSM

Post by LynnSM » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:20 pm

jem16 wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:40 am
Dealer emailed me yesterday and car due to be collected on Friday. Ordered 4th April so just over 10 weeks.

Just trying to sort out transferring my private number plate over to the new car. Previously it's all been handled by the dealer but I see you can now do it online. However looking at the process it seems I remove the number first from current car and then it's assigned to new car. Fair enough but I still need it on current car as it's getting traded in. Anyone gone through this process recently?
Hi Jen

I just did that for my car. You can do it on-line & they assign a new index for you old car straight away. https://www.gov.uk/personalised-vehicl ... number-off
It was easy to do, but you will need to do it ASAP & before you collect your new Arona as you will want to trade in your old car with the new allocated index, so you can keep your cherished plate. In that case you may need to get new number plates made up for your old car with the new index on them as I doubt the garage will take it as a trade in without number plates! When you do it on-line you get an authorisation certificate for the new index by email, then the DVLA send out a new log book (V5C) for your old car & also a certificate for your cherished number plate. It costs £80.00
If your new Arona has already been registered, then once you have the retainer document for your cherished plate, you can just change the plates over on-line again. Of course you will already have plates made up as you will be taking them off your old car or you could have new ones made.

Also - make sure that the dealer processes the transfer of your old car by the dealer on-line & hands you the proof of transfer with a Transaction ID and date of transaction as you won't have the log book in time to hand it to the dealer & complete the V5C/3

I would call the dealer & tell them what you have done as of course you won't have the log book in time - although mine did come within a few days - very quick!

I am collecting my Arona tomorrow. I had taken the cherished plate off in readiness, so the dealer has been able to register the car on my cherished plate straight away, so it will arrive with the cherished plate!

Please send another question if you get stuck & I will try & help you out. Good Luck!
Arona Desire Red/Midnight Black roof 1ltr TSI 115PS Xcellence lux DSG.

jem16

Post by jem16 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:02 pm

LynnSM wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:20 pm
Hi Jen

It was easy to do, but you will need to do it ASAP & before you collect your new Arona as you will want to trade in your old car with the new allocated index, so you can keep your cherished plate. In that case you may need to get new number plates made up for your old car with the new index on them as I doubt the garage will take it as a trade in without number plates! When you do it on-line you get an authorisation certificate for the new index by email, then the DVLA send out a new log book (V5C) for your old car & also a certificate for your cherished number plate. It costs £80.00
Thanks - that's helpful.

I've done this numerous times before but previously it was not online and was always done by the dealer with someone going into the DVLA office locally. I gave them the old log book around 2 weeks before then simply drove up with my old car and collected my new car. Old car was given in with my private plate on and new car was collected with my private plate on. The new car was always registered with my private plate right from the start. I'm assuming that they would then have put on new plates to my old car before selling. Log book came a few weeks later and then I took it in to them.

If your new Arona has already been registered, then once you have the retainer document for your cherished plate, you can just change the plates over on-line again. Of course you will already have plates made up as you will be taking them off your old car or you could have new ones made.

Also - make sure that the dealer processes the transfer of your old car by the dealer on-line & hands you the proof of transfer with a Transaction ID and date of transaction as you won't have the log book in time to hand it to the dealer & complete the V5C/3

I would call the dealer & tell them what you have done as of course you won't have the log book in time - although mine did come within a few days - very quick!
The dealer knows and the plan is to register my Arona with my private number. He had emailed me yesterday talking about this retention certificate which I knew nothing about. Told him it all been handled by them previously. So he's asked me to go in tomorrow with the log book and he'll go through it with me. It was only after that that I discovered it was all online now.
Please send another question if you get stuck & I will try & help you out. Good Luck!
Thanks. From what I can gather if doing it online, it comes off my current car immediately. You're then supposed to put new plates on before driving it which has never been necessary before. I'd also need to let the insurance company know I would think - again wasn't needed before.

I'll see what the dealer says tomorrow. I did send an email to him this afternoon but he's technically on holiday till tomorrow so may not hear back. I didn't expect to hear from him yesterday but it looks like he wants to get things moving.

DiscoDave

Post by DiscoDave » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:09 pm

We ordered our Xcellence Lux on May 18th and were given a 12 week estimate as it was showing as "Status 20". I drove it home today :)

I guess that's not the norm...seems we got lucky with a car the dealer had already ring-fenced, and it happened to be on the boat when we ordered.

It is a belter of a car.
Arona Xcellence Lux 1.0 Mystic Magenta

LynnSM

Post by LynnSM » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:50 pm

jem16 wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:02 pm
LynnSM wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:20 pm
Hi Jen

Thanks - that's helpful.

I've done this numerous times before but previously it was not online and was always done by the dealer with someone going into the DVLA office locally. I gave them the old log book around 2 weeks before then simply drove up with my old car and collected my new car. Old car was given in with my private plate on and new car was collected with my private plate on. The new car was always registered with my private plate right from the start. I'm assuming that they would then have put on new plates to my old car before selling. Log book came a few weeks later and then I took it in to them.

The dealer knows and the plan is to register my Arona with my private number. He had emailed me yesterday talking about this retention certificate which I knew nothing about. Told him it all been handled by them previously. So he's asked me to go in tomorrow with the log book and he'll go through it with me. It was only after that that I discovered it was all online now.
Thanks. From what I can gather if doing it online, it comes off my current car immediately. You're then supposed to put new plates on before driving it which has never been necessary before. I'd also need to let the insurance company know I would think - again wasn't needed before.

I'll see what the dealer says tomorrow. I did send an email to him this afternoon but he's technically on holiday till tomorrow so may not hear back. I didn't expect to hear from him yesterday but it looks like he wants to get things moving.
Hopefully the dealer will sort it all out for you. It all gets quite complicated! He will advise you which way works for them. He may be able to sort it when you collect the car.
Arona Desire Red/Midnight Black roof 1ltr TSI 115PS Xcellence lux DSG.

jem16

Post by jem16 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:19 pm

LynnSM wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:50 pm
Hopefully the dealer will sort it all out for you. It all gets quite complicated! He will advise you which way works for them. He may be able to sort it when you collect the car.
All sorted this morning. He said he would go through it all with me which he did, not that I needed it though as I'm capable of following through an internet site. I told him the main issue was that I needed new number plates and this was something that I had never needed before, never mind having to pay for them. Yes it's easier to do it online for them but the end result doesn't make it easier for changeover.

He basically said that they like to do it a couple of days before as sometimes the website can have problems and if all done on the same day it can lead to problems. I told him I understood all that but in my opinion, something could be built into the system that allows 2/3 days for changeover purposes that doesn't then involve new number plates and probably more importantly having to change insurance details for a couple of days. This was never required in all the previous occasions when I've done it.

Thankfully my insurance company doesn't charge for any changes as there would have been this change then the change again on Friday when I collect my new car.

Anyway, rant over! I hope you're enjoying your new car. I'm looking forward to getting mine on Friday.

cssh0599

Post by cssh0599 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:00 pm

Ordered my 1.6 FR Sport on 6th March. Dealer advised it was scheduled to be built last week. Still not sure on delivery date, but only placed order on the condition it will be available by 15th July at latest. We will see. Starting to get a bit worried as my lease car goes back on the 15th July.

Return to “Main Seat Arona chat”