De- badging

All Seat Arona related discussions
Bonzo

De- badging

Post by Bonzo » Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:36 am

Just wondering if anyone has de-badged the rear,,,that is the A R O N A on the tailgate plus in my case the FR badge,,,and if these are stuck on or not.
FR 115 with DSG. Desire red, black roof.

Barty71

Re: De- badging

Post by Barty71 » Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:04 pm

They are stuck on with double sided tape . Look good with no badges and as I am a paint sprayer i’m considering removing the seat badge and smoothing the recess where the badge sits and re paint the top bit of the tailgate. Remove the arona and fr badges using a filler applicator or old bank debit type of card, use the card flat to break the adhesion between the panel and badge lettering. Any tape left on the tailgate can be rubbed off with your thumb. Coat of polish and job done
FR Sport
Mystery Blue
Black roof

tommo

Post by tommo » Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:48 pm

Barty71 wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:04 pm
They are stuck on with double sided tape . Look good with no badges and as I am a paint sprayer i’m considering removing the seat badge and smoothing the recess where the badge sits and re paint the top bit of the tailgate. Remove the arona and fr badges using a filler applicator or old bank debit type of card, use the card flat to break the adhesion between the panel and badge lettering. Any tape left on the tailgate can be rubbed off with your thumb. Coat of polish and job done
Barty,is it advisable to maybe warm up the lettering/badges with a hairdryer before removing them,also dependant on age of car (paintwork) could there be a difference in colour where they have been removed,if so Tcut and wax
Arona FR 1.0 ltr 115ps, Manual gerabox, Desire Red / Grey roof

Barty71

Post by Barty71 » Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:58 pm

tommo wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:48 pm
Barty71 wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:04 pm
Barty,is it advisable to maybe warm up the lettering/badges with a hairdryer before removing them,also dependant on age of car (paintwork) could there be a difference in colour where they have been removed,if so Tcut and wax
It wont make any difference. If the lettering was a sticker or vinyl type badge then yes I would warm it up. But the badges are plastic and for those who have no experience with car paint, these new vehicles have quite a thin film thickness that is measured in microns so blistering the paint would be an issue. . The way I suggest is the safest for non experienced peeps
FR Sport
Mystery Blue
Black roof

Snowdaddy

Post by Snowdaddy » Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:27 pm

I have heard the trick is warming to soften the glue,
then use dental floss to slide behind
Not tried it, so might not work

I grew up in era when missing badges suggested an accident repair had been done, but not quite finished, so not my preference.
Arona Xcelence Lux 115 tsi DSG monsoon grey with orange roof, leather and alcantara interior. Also have a Skoda Roomster.

Barty71

Post by Barty71 » Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:44 pm

I think that era has passed especially where companies are producing badgeless grilles. I quite like the badgeless look . Some of the model badges on vehicles these days are huge. I know its an Arona so dont need a big badge to tell me that especially one with bits of yellow sponge that have ripped off and trapped behind after washing. Its a horses for courses kind of thing I suppose
FR Sport
Mystery Blue
Black roof