2nd Service

All Seat Arona related discussions
tjw

2nd Service

Post by tjw » Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:51 pm

Booked in for second service,asked if i wanted to pay £27 for oil upgrade,ask which oil,they said Castrol Edge,i said Seat recommend Castrol Edge which i want put in the engine,they agreed at no extra cost,of course i will not know which oil they use.
The 1st service last year they used Semi Visco 7000 oil,which i was'nt happy with as i had already bought Castrol Edge for topping up.

tjw

Bonzo

Re: 2nd Service

Post by Bonzo » Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:56 pm

Dealers trying to make even more money out of servicing, let’s be honest, the servicing on modern cars are mostly about checks, and what they physically have to do doesn’t take long anyway, changing oil and filters.
FR 115 with DSG. Desire red, black roof.

adrianmole07

Re: 2nd Service

Post by adrianmole07 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:05 am

Complete RIP OFF , dealer servicing prices are barefaced robbery , as stated previously on here i was quoted a DISCOUNTED £189.00 for 1st service ! I purchased fully synthetic quantum VW 0w -30 long life oil and genuine VW filter from e bay . took my Arona to local garage , he did the oil service plus inspection , rotated wheels , re - set service light . Stamped service book ( bought from e - bay - geniune vw stock) Job done in less than an hour ! TOTAL cost £ 70,00