What is it!!

All Seat Arona related discussions
pladecalvo

What is it!!

Post by pladecalvo » Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:35 am

ARONA Xcellence.

When I turn the ignition on I have 3 symbols that look like bottles next to the speed limiter symbol. Does anyone know what it means please?

BigFatPaulie

Re: What is it!!

Post by BigFatPaulie » Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:21 pm

Seat belt monitors ?
........M M M M My shARONA
Seat Arona Xcellance Lux 1.6 oil burner DSG

Snowdaddy

Post by Snowdaddy » Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:57 pm

Rear seat belts,
Symbol is different for seatbelts plugged in

It will pop up if a rear belt is plugged in or released
Arona Xcelence Lux 115 tsi DSG monsoon grey with orange roof, leather and alcantara interior. Also have a Skoda Roomster.

pladecalvo

Post by pladecalvo » Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:17 pm

BigFatPaulie wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:21 pm
Seat belt monitors ?
Thanks

pladecalvo

Post by pladecalvo » Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:17 pm

Snowdaddy wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:57 pm
Rear seat belts,
Symbol is different for seatbelts plugged in

It will pop up if a rear belt is plugged in or released
Thanks

pladecalvo

Post by pladecalvo » Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:19 am

I only got the Arona last week so still exploring. One thing that is a mystery to me. Once in gear and with the clutch out, the car drives without the use of the accelerator up to about 20 km/h, even uphill. There is a very steep hill near my house and it drives up it in 2nd gear at 20 km/h without using the accelerator. I find this very irritating and not at all comfortable when negotiation a corner as the car is trying to push you quicker than you want to go. The only way I can avoid this is to keep the clutch in unless it is possible to drive faster than 20 km/h. Is this normal or am I doing something wrong?

Another thing that I'm lost on is, on top of the cruise control there is a small switch for 'distance', Could someone explain that please?

Snowdaddy

Post by Snowdaddy » Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:41 am

pladecalvo wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:19 am
I only got the Arona last week so still exploring. One thing that is a mystery to me. Once in gear and with the clutch out, the car drives without the use of the accelerator up to about 20 km/h, even uphill. There is a very steep hill near my house and it drives up it in 2nd gear at 20 km/h without using the accelerator. I find this very irritating and not at all comfortable when negotiation a corner as the car is trying to push you quicker than you want to go. The only way I can avoid this is to keep the clutch in unless it is possible to drive faster than 20 km/h. Is this normal or am I doing something wrong?

Another thing that I'm lost on is, on top of the cruise control there is a small switch for 'distance', Could someone explain that please?
For the first 2000 miles (approx) the engine seems to have a slightly different setting (although mine is DSG), which might be related to running in. Maybe why it is holding a minimum revs (it also idles faster when engine is cold for about first 2-3 minutes)

The is also a hill hold, and a topodyne (gradient detector) that may be holding revs to avoid stalling, or roll back on hills. But not sure about manual gearbox versions

This switches for cruise control and ACC are different, not sure which you have, the functioning is quite complicated to describe, even reading the relevant page in the manual (or pdf version) will possibly confuse you because some switches do different things depending on what is turned on, and some parameters can be changed in the infotainment (car, settings)
Arona Xcelence Lux 115 tsi DSG monsoon grey with orange roof, leather and alcantara interior. Also have a Skoda Roomster.

pladecalvo

Post by pladecalvo » Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:03 pm

Snowdaddy wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:41 am
pladecalvo wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:19 am

For the first 2000 miles (approx) the engine seems to have a slightly different setting (although mine is DSG), which might be related to running in. Maybe why it is holding a minimum revs (it also idles faster when engine is cold for about first 2-3 minutes)

The is also a hill hold, and a topodyne (gradient detector) that may be holding revs to avoid stalling, or roll back on hills. But not sure about manual gearbox versions

This switches for cruise control and ACC are different, not sure which you have, the functioning is quite complicated to describe, even reading the relevant page in the manual (or pdf version) will possibly confuse you because some switches do different things depending on what is turned on, and some parameters can be changed in the infotainment (car, settings)
Thanks for the reply. It's certainly nothing to do with running in as the car has done 18,000 km nor does it only happen going uphill. It also happens when going downhill and taking a junction off the road, which can result in the car 'pushing ' too fast around the corner unless the brakes are applied hard or the clutch is disengaged. So I'm mystified.

pladecalvo

Post by pladecalvo » Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:27 pm

Is it possible to use the cruise control in the normal way without having the car react to other vehicles in front?

Snowdaddy

Post by Snowdaddy » Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:28 pm

pladecalvo wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:27 pm
Is it possible to use the cruise control in the normal way without having the car react to other vehicles in front?
If you have ACC then it will act like normal cruise control until you catch something up, then it will slow to their speed, but will automatically speed up again once you change Lane to go past.

You cannot use it as fixed speed, even if it means running into back of preceding vehicle