Seat Arona Forum banner

My 21 sat Nav version

25K views 89 replies 17 participants last post by  BigFatPaulie 
#1 ·
View attachment 1239

Can my21 owners tell me what version navigation database they have and also if the device number is the same. It's under system information. Mine is above.

Trying to understand why my navigation version has not updated when my wife's car has to 21.2

Thanks

Attachments

See less See more
#55 ·
Well took the car into the dealership and asked the question about Software and Navigation Versions. Showed them the photograph on here that shows everything on another Arona, device etc were identical apart from Software and Navigation......why? They took it off to have a look, had it for about 90 minutes and came back with a basic, we don't know and "it is what it is"

Not impressed at all. They tried the "it could be the build date" to which I said the device numbers are all identical so that doesn't wash.

What with the station Logos and this I have become disillusioned with VW/Seat/Skoda and I think this will be my second and last one

Not a happy bunny

#56 ·
pks1414 said:
Well took the car into the dealership and asked the question about Software and Navigation Versions. Showed them the photograph on here that shows everything on another Arona, device etc were identical apart from Software and Navigation......why? They took it off to have a look, had it for about 90 minutes and came back with a basic, we don't know and "it is what it is"

Not impressed at all. They tried the "it could be the build date" to which I said the device numbers are all identical so that doesn't wash.

What with the station Logos and this I have become disillusioned with VW/Seat/Skoda and I think this will be my second and last one

Not a happy bunny
So there is a tpi to update to latest software version. Basically there is a hidden menu. If you hold the four orange dots for 10 seconds you get engineer menu. This enables USB software update am dealer. I am going to get mine done next week, think it's to version 804, hopefully will sort navigation too will keep you posted.

Which dealer?

#64 ·
Can you tell me what dealership this is. I go to listers in Worcester and to be honest they don't seem to know what they are doing, as they said, it is what it is, marvellous. Is there any difference in the Satnav? to be honest I've been using Apple Maps, far more information, speed cameras, traffic lights etc and it appears in the digital dash. I feel a complaint to Seat coming, you obviously have better service

#65 ·
pks1414 said:
Can you tell me what dealership this is. I go to listers in Worcester and to be honest they don't seem to know what they are doing, as they said, it is what it is, marvellous. Is there any difference in the Satnav? to be honest I've been using Apple Maps, far more information, speed cameras, traffic lights etc and it appears in the digital dash. I feel a complaint to Seat coming, you obviously have better service
It's f g Barnes maidstone. Their mastertech is excellent, mine took hour this morning and driving home updated navigation. Just latest maps

#68 ·
Sbarker said:
pks1414 said:
What a difference, Listers have been pretty poor. I've spoken to Seat and said its pretty poor service. I'm sure I read somewhere that the latest maps have speed cameras?
Don't think so?

Yeah dealer and their tech been great
Thats good to know im local and have ordered car the from the Canterbury branch so hopefully share the same skill level if not Maidstone is not much more to travel too.

#69 ·
sliveredge said:
Sbarker said:
pks1414 said:
What a difference, Listers have been pretty poor. I've spoken to Seat and said its pretty poor service. I'm sure I read somewhere that the latest maps have speed cameras?
Don't think so?

Yeah dealer and their tech been great
Thats good to know im local and have ordered car the from the Canterbury branch so hopefully share the same skill level if not Maidstone is not much more to travel too.
It's the same master tech at Canterbury and maidstone, so if you have any issues you are in safe hands! Great guy, friendly, helpful, an expert and genuinely cares about getting things fixed and working. Trust him completely!

#71 ·
grahamn said:
Sbarker - interested in your ecu update comment. Can I ask, what was the symptom of the problem and which engine and MY was this for?

Thanks,
Graham
I had no symptoms, just as my car was in the tech checked for any updates and there was one for my engine for problems with air intake sensors reading incorrectly. So it was just applied anyway so I have latest update. Engine 1.0 115 sept 2020 my2020 build dsg

#74 ·
I've been trying to update for months without success. I have the SD card too and the card has every country in Europe on it. I can't find such a map on the update page. There is only the separate maps.

Not wishing to destroy the SD card that I have, I bought another SD card. After trying to download map 1 and 3 and getting 'download failed' again and again, I finally managed to get both maps today. I downloaded them to my computer and from there onto the new SD card and put the card into the car, only to be told, 'Navigation database not found'.

So I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. I'm on the verge of giving up and returning to TomTom.

#75 ·
pladecalvo said:
I've been trying to update for months without success. I have the SD card too and the card has every country in Europe on it. I can't find such a map on the update page. There is only the separate maps.

Not wishing to destroy the SD card that I have, I bought another SD card. After trying to download map 1 and 3 and getting 'download failed' again and again, I finally managed to get both maps today. I downloaded them to my computer and from there onto the new SD card and put the card into the car, only to be told, 'Navigation database not found'.

So I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. I'm on the verge of giving up and returning to TomTom.
You have to use the original sd card as that is coded to the unit. Secondly you have to copy and paste a specific file from the original map to the new one.
Before you do anything make a copy of the original card

#76 ·
Mordey said:
pladecalvo said:

You have to use the original sd card as that is coded to the unit. Secondly you have to copy and paste a specific file from the original map to the new one.
Before you do anything make a copy of the original card
Ah! Any idea what code is?. Also, if I make a copy of the original SD card onto a new card, will the information I copy from the original card to the new card contain the code for the unit...just in case I screw up the original card?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.