Seat Arona Forum banner

My 21 sat Nav version

25K views 89 replies 17 participants last post by  BigFatPaulie 
#1 ·
View attachment 1239

Can my21 owners tell me what version navigation database they have and also if the device number is the same. It's under system information. Mine is above.

Trying to understand why my navigation version has not updated when my wife's car has to 21.2

Thanks

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
So according to Seat UK ...with connect you get ONE MAP UPDATE A YEAR ?!

I think that pretty poor to be honest ... if there are later versions why not push out !

Explains why I think mosy people have had an update within a month or two of getting their cars and nothing since !

Considering connect costs about £150 a year after the first year .... its seems a rip off !

#8 ·
im gonna test it (switch off all wifi, gsm) and then run new update if available:

"Go to the Infotainment system settings to view the version of the map data.
Download the navigation data and save it on a USB data carrier.
Switch on the vehicle ignition.
Connect the USB data carrier to the Infotainment System when the vehicle is stationary.
If you update the navigation data manually, the USB data storage device must remain"

does it not require any unzip etc? like for previous edition?
just ddl the zip from the seat and put on ntfs usb stick?

#9 ·
gm80 said:
im gonna test it (switch off all wifi, gsm) and then run new update if available:

"Go to the Infotainment system settings to view the version of the map data.
Download the navigation data and save it on a USB data carrier.
Switch on the vehicle ignition.
Connect the USB data carrier to the Infotainment System when the vehicle is stationary.
If you update the navigation data manually, the USB data storage device must remain"

does it not require any unzip etc? like for previous edition?
just ddl the zip from the seat and put on ntfs usb stick?
If you looks a the seat.com page there isn't any option to download maps for my2021 model Arona !?!

#11 ·
Sbarker said:
Anyone on Software version 777 and have latest map 21.2 update ?
Can MY21 owners confirm please - my car still running software 777 and nav 20.9, not updating any later. Wife is running 782 and nav 21.2.

Just wondering someone else with an Oct / Nov 2020 car on here can you check and see what versions you have please ...

Thanks

#14 ·
Found this version in Arona Forums and updated the text - it works. I created an Acrobat pdf but couldn't download it in this forum so I've copied and pasted the text. I bought a new SD card so I still have the original.

There is a Lock switch on the left side of the SD card. Make sure the Lock switch is
slid up (unlock position). You will not be able to modify or delete the contents on the
memory card if it is locked.
After reading the Sat Nav Updates post in www.aronaforums.co.uk, successfully updated the Dealer
supplied SD Card from version 1115 to 1410 during March 2020.

Take Note: The file OVERALL.NDS contains data about your car and needs to be copied in to the
new Sat Nav software. Explained further down... (OVERALL.NDS is located in the EEC_WLD
directory, which is the second directory after maps ie maps then EEC then EEC_WLD )
Windows Procedure:
7 zip software is free and I used it to unzip the new Sat Nav software. Downloaded from:
http://www.7-zip.org
Download 7 zip to a local folder in your computer.
The new Sat Nav software can be downloaded from:
https://www.seat.com/owners/my-seat/nav ... arona.html I used Europe 1.

Download the zipped software to a new directory on your hard disk. Unzip the compressed Sat Nav
software using 7 zip and store in the directory, it will have a different file name than the zipped file.
The top most directory of the new unzipped Sat Nav software is called maps (lowercase).
Create a directory on PC called OLD Sat Nav. Unlock the SD Card and copy all the contents of the SD
Card into OLD Sat Nav directory. In my case 6552 items. Top most directory is called maps all
lowercase letters.
Locate the OLD file OVERALL.NDS in the EEC_WLD directory and copy this file over the new
OVERALL.NDS in the EEC_WLD directory.
There should not be any files on the SD Card. Copy the new unzipped Sat Nav software on to the SD
Card.
Take out the SD Card, lock it. Try it out in the car. It took 5 minutes in my Arona to update and view
on screen. Good Luck

#15 ·
GarlicBill said:
Found this version in Arona Forums and updated the text - it works. I created an Acrobat pdf but couldn't download it in this forum so I've copied and pasted the text. I bought a new SD card so I still have the original.

There is a Lock switch on the left side of the SD card. Make sure the Lock switch is
slid up (unlock position). You will not be able to modify or delete the contents on the
memory card if it is locked.
After reading the Sat Nav Updates post in www.aronaforums.co.uk, successfully updated the Dealer
supplied SD Card from version 1115 to 1410 during March 2020.

Take Note: The file OVERALL.NDS contains data about your car and needs to be copied in to the
new Sat Nav software. Explained further down... (OVERALL.NDS is located in the EEC_WLD
directory, which is the second directory after maps ie maps then EEC then EEC_WLD )
Windows Procedure:
7 zip software is free and I used it to unzip the new Sat Nav software. Downloaded from:
http://www.7-zip.org
Download 7 zip to a local folder in your computer.
The new Sat Nav software can be downloaded from:
https://www.seat.com/owners/my-seat/nav ... arona.html I used Europe 1.

Download the zipped software to a new directory on your hard disk. Unzip the compressed Sat Nav
software using 7 zip and store in the directory, it will have a different file name than the zipped file.
The top most directory of the new unzipped Sat Nav software is called maps (lowercase).
Create a directory on PC called OLD Sat Nav. Unlock the SD Card and copy all the contents of the SD
Card into OLD Sat Nav directory. In my case 6552 items. Top most directory is called maps all
lowercase letters.
Locate the OLD file OVERALL.NDS in the EEC_WLD directory and copy this file over the new
OVERALL.NDS in the EEC_WLD directory.
There should not be any files on the SD Card. Copy the new unzipped Sat Nav software on to the SD
Card.
Take out the SD Card, lock it. Try it out in the car. It took 5 minutes in my Arona to update and view
on screen. Good Luck
Only for older cars not new my 21

#20 ·
Gunny said:
20210427_172026.jpg
So now my wife exellence lux has updated to 21.3. but my FR sport is still on 20.9 !

Looks like lots of others updates have been to Excellence lux.

Does any FR or FR Sport owners have a 21.2, 21.3 Nav version ? If so are you on software 777, 781, 782 ?

I am wondered if its my software version as mine was built Sept and I got Oct so an early can but I have had lots of software updates .... and one Nav update but now my wife car has had two updates both later than mine and nothing to my car

#24 ·
grahamn said:
I recently accepted a software update 2-3 weeks ago. I assume you definitely have not got any update pending. I think there be yet another notification as well that we haven't acted on (it's my wife's car). Will have a look when she gets home from work.
I have had about 4 software updates in the last 2 - 3 weeks , same as my wifes car and these have all installed ok on both cars - eventually some of them seem to take a few days to install.

#26 ·
So my FR Sport build Sept 2020 Software Version 0777 still refuses to update again it came with a 19.11 map and quickly updated to 20.9 last Dec2020 but since then had no further updates ....

I need to find another early car with 0777 and see what has happened to their Nav version ? I have checked all services online map update is enabled and I can't figure it out why its not happening for my car, as previously mentioned Wifes Jan build Excellence Lux on 0782 has updated twice from 21.1, 21,2 and now on 21.3 ....

Dealer investigating but no idea !?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.