Seat Arona Forum banner

Spare wheel

46K views 62 replies 23 participants last post by  cruso 
#1 ·
Hi everyone
Collected my new Arona yesterday and loving it up to now!
However am not impressed with the stupid can of foam, no jack or spare wheeler etc
Anyone know if there's one available?
Dealership doesn't know
Thanks

#2 ·
Yes there is now as option but was not on the configurator only the dealer one BUT Its now a £100 option but that's only with a new car I suspect they are not available as after market . The wheel well will take any spare so check wheel size and get a standard rim and tyre or look on line for a space saver.

#3 ·
I was told of the spare wheel option at time of purchase. I'd contact dealer and ask why you weren't offered the option at time of order as other dealers seem to know and are offering this cost option. As @Brian566 said it's a £100 option.

#4 ·
I got one as part of the deal with my FR it was listed as £179 as an aftermarket item. I had to wait for a week after me picking the car up on the 2nd of Feb as the dealer had none in stock. So now I have the goo kit as well!

As an aside does anybody know what is the best tyre pressures to use when lightly loaded? The decal on the B pillar seems to imply a range.

#6 ·
When I ordered my Arona last week I was told that there was no spare wheel factory fitted option. On joining this forum I discovered that in fact it possibly was an option.
Spoke to my dealer yesterday who told me there wasn't although a spare would be available later in the year. Today I have spoken to Seat UK who have confirmed that there is an option at time of order and they would speak to my dealer.
I've now had an apologetic phone call from the dealers (who in all respects are thoroughly nice guys) and a spare has been added to my order and amended order form now received.
I believe the order can only be amended if it hasn't already been accepted by the factory.
Bob.

#9 ·
Hi bob, dealer had a excellence lux in showroom in grey. It had a spare wheel & mats. He sourced a orange with grey roof the colour I wanted and said the car would be exact spec as showroom car and the deal was done. If you don't ask you don't get. There are margins in cars that dealers can work to. I will not pay for mats etc or full price for paint protection. There is always a deal out there. Rich

#11 ·
The size of the spare wheel is
6,00Jx16
5x100PCD
Offset 45
Centre Bore 57.1
205/60/R16 Tyres.

A spare wheel that comes with the TowBar, this is a slimline 18" steel. according the write up.

As I asked my dealer to find out, as I put Winter tyres on my Cars from November to April.
Before any one shouts you don't need them... READ ON
I go to Germany a few times a year and it is a LEGAL requirement that during the Winter months that your car be quipped with Winter Specification Tyres. This is a LEGAL requirement for ALL Vehicles Foreign and Domestic in Germany and Austria.
I KNOW THIS, Because i lived and worked in Germany for 11 years. and came back in late 2016.

#12 ·
GazzaB said:
The size of the spare wheel is
6,00Jx16
5x100PCD
Offset 45
Centre Bore 57.1
205/60/R16 Tyres.

As I asked my dealer to find out, as I put Winter tyres on my Cars from November to April.
Before any one shouts you don't need them... READ ON
I go to Germany a few times a year and it is a LEGAL requirement that during the Winter months that your car be quipped with Winter Specification Tyres. This is a LEGAL requirement for ALL Vehicles Foreign and Domestic in Germany and Austria.
I KNOW THIS, Because i lived and worked in Germany for 11 years. and came back in late 2016.
Same in Switzerland
[/
b]

#13 ·
Hi everyone
Since my initial post I spent some time researching what size wheel would fit my Arona, ie.. stud fitting etc..
Having determined all the info I went to EBay and found a spare wheel and tyre complete with jack/tools albeit used, for 50 quid and free postage! Sorted 🙂

#17 ·
Hi all
When I ordered my FR 1.0 TSi in late January the dealer managed to obtain my required spec from incoming stock for del 1st March unfortunately it came with the emergency tyre repair kit. I am now trying to obtain a Seat space saver spare wheel kit. I have spoken with my local dealer who tells me that they are not available yet. I have contacted Seat UK and they said I must contact my local dealer! Just wondered if anyone knows if they are available and if so could they supply a part number.

#18 ·
#21 ·
Hi
My Car was ordered in December there was no spare wheel option then so dealer told me he would try and get one as car was due to be built

Car delivered 12th March have had to wait 4 weeks for my spare wheel just picked it up today straight swap for repair kit as no charge from my dealer *****
Car Tyre size is 205/55/R17 Spare size is 205/55/R16

#22 ·
@Brian566

Thanks for the heads up on this.

Is the Spare a Steel rim or and Alloy?

As i am looking for a set of 4 to fit Winter tyres too.
Was told be my dealer 205/60/R16 on Steel rims

#23 ·
GazzaB said:
@Brian566

Thanks for the heads up on this.

Is the Spare a Steel rim or and Alloy?

As i am looking for a set of 4 to fit Winter tyres too.
Was told be my dealer 205/60/R16 on Steel rims
Standard Steel Rim cant understand why its R16 and your dealer recommends R16 when the car is R17
Maybe its because it only just fits in the Boot

#24 ·
Mine will have the 215/45/R18 Alloys as standard.

Ive had a look online for steel rims with winter tyres, but all of the site show as R16 rims.
only if you choose the alloy and winter tyre can you choose R17...

Looking at the German website, where you can specify Winter wheels and they show R16's

Thats why i am surprised it is an R17 Spare.

#26 ·
@Snowdaddy
Thank you for that BUT: As I DID write all of that info on the other thread, this was not about Winter tyres per se.
BUT I write here and pointing out that the Spare wheels do not seem to be a consistent Size.

AS WE HAVE 3 DIFFERENT SIZES...

As some are skinny 18" rims that come with the toe bar according to the specs, and Now we seem to have an R17 in the MIX.

Question is WHAT SIZE is CORRECT - R16/R17 or R18

as all three are seeming to be used.

So if you or anyone here want to purchase and make up your own spare, or like me planning for a set of 4 for winter tyres, This only adds and causes more confusion and gives more us more questions than answers.

Question: Are the R16 suitable or NOT for cars with the R18 Alloys.
Question: WHERE DO YOU BUY R17 Steels?
Question: Can you buy just the R17 Steel Rim?
Question: What does this do to the price for a set of 4 in my case, would it work out similar in price to get R17 Alloys instead. If R16 rims not suitable?

THAT IS WHY I POINTED OUT THAT I AM SURPRISED TO HEAR THAT BRIAN566 HAS R17 STEEL WHEELS.
And My Dealer advised on R16... This is a critical point, as getting the right size, offset and width of wheel, is all crucial to the handling, clearances available. as the offset is the clearance to the callipers and suspension arms. I don't want them rubbing on the wheel.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.