Can I ask you guys to do this test // clutch

All Seat Arona related discussions
Tuathanach

Can I ask you guys to do this test // clutch

Post by Tuathanach » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:16 am

Hi guys,

Got my Arona recently. Love it. It was / is my first car from brand new. I was recently paying a lot of attention to the clutch trying to get a feel for it given I wasn’t used to the car. I noticed a scratchy/grindy feeling (no sound) when the clutch is fully depressed and you’re releasing it very slowly. It began to drive me nuts thinking something was wrong. As such, I got in my partners car and noticed the exact same thing (partners car is a 09 Mazda).

Test:

- press in the clutch and release it slowly with the engine off and in neutral (completely smooth)
- turn on engine and switch off start / stop
- press in clutch fully in neutral and release it very slowly (scratchy/grindy feeling)

Curious if this is normal for everyone? I’m quite new to cars, having passed my test only a year or so ago and so I’m like a paranoid parent with a new baby.

I have 1.0 tsi petrol 115 bhp

Tuathanach

Re: Can I ask you guys to do this test // clutch

Post by Tuathanach » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:16 am

Beware, you’ll never “unfeel” the scratchy thing again!

Tuathanach

Post by Tuathanach » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:17 am

I notice it particularly when setting off in first gear. It’s amazing that I never once noticed it before nor in the Mazda which I’ve driven loads until I got paranoid parent syndrome

Sianw1981

Post by Sianw1981 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:16 pm

My arona clutch has gone on me twice under 6,000 miles had 5 used cars before never again get brand new car

Return to “Main Seat Arona chat”