Sat nav updates

All Seat Arona related discussions
AronaKent

Re: Sat nav updates

Post by AronaKent » Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:59 pm

I've done a search for EUMONBMP.sys but can't find it anywhere on my original card backup or on the new update files so not sure where/why you have these?
2018(68) Arona SE Technology, 1.0 95ps TSI Manual. All silver - Full LED Headlights :idea:

GazzaB

Post by GazzaB » Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:51 pm

Ive not actually had a chance to try it yet.
Ive been so busy after xmas that it's got put-on the back burner for now.
Also I am starting a new job on Monday and in the process of now buying a house.
So this is last thing on my mind.. lol
I will get around to it eventually.
If I feel like it I may try on Sunday
Arona Excellence Lux 1.0TSi 115PS DSG. Nevada White with Black Roof, OEM dark window tint, Fitted a Carbon Fibre look rear Bumper Guard. Pressed Metal Number plates with Carbon fibre plate holder.
Planning to Do: Sound Deadening.

stottycabanas

Post by stottycabanas » Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:17 am

Dunkelmann wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:43 pm
I have 3:
  • .dropbox.device,
  • EUMONBMP.SYS and
  • {DB08E35B-BF2E-4307-9556-B1755D333757}.CBM
From a quick Google, the latter 2 files appear to be related to your use of the EaseUS backup software, rather than anything done by SEAT.
Arona Xcellence Lux 1.0L 115PS DSG Desire Red/Midnight Black

Dunkelmann

Post by Dunkelmann » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:04 am

Cheers stottycabanas, never thought of that. Perhaps .dropbox.device is a keyfile or the key is in a hidden sector.
Arona Xcellence, petrol, 1.0 TSI 115 PS, manual, Black, 04/18

GazzaB

Post by GazzaB » Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:06 pm

I am in the process of cloning the SD card. Ive created a .dmg (MAC install file) file from the original SD CARD.
I am writing this to a spare SD card. this takes a while as it is a bit by bit clone. So will report back later when I have finished doing it and check if the clone works first.
if the clone works then I will update the files on it and this should be OK to go.

Let you know later.
Arona Excellence Lux 1.0TSi 115PS DSG. Nevada White with Black Roof, OEM dark window tint, Fitted a Carbon Fibre look rear Bumper Guard. Pressed Metal Number plates with Carbon fibre plate holder.

AronaKent

Post by AronaKent » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:20 pm

Dunkelmann wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:04 am
Cheers stottycabanas, never thought of that. Perhaps .dropbox.device is a keyfile or the key is in a hidden sector.
If you have Dropbox on your computer it's probably related to that rather than anything to do with Seat
2018(68) Arona SE Technology, 1.0 95ps TSI Manual. All silver - Full LED Headlights :idea:

Williecarona

Post by Williecarona » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:01 am

GazzaB wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:06 pm
I am in the process of cloning the SD card. Ive created a .dmg (MAC install file) file from the original SD CARD.
I am writing this to a spare SD card. this takes a while as it is a bit by bit clone. So will report back later when I have finished doing it and check if the clone works first.
if the clone works then I will update the files on it and this should be OK to go.

Let you know later.
How did it go ?

GazzaB

Post by GazzaB » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:10 pm

Ive done the clone.
First time it failed, this was my fault as I took the sd card and it had not finished.
So had to start again.
I've got to test it but i've been working away all week so not had a chance yet.
Planned to do it this weekend.

Uncletone

Post by Uncletone » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:20 pm

Hi Guys

I'm in need of some help here please. Being of an age where an Abacus is the most modern calculator in the Household I seem to struggle with anything requiring downloads and my 5 yr old nephew is never around when I need him

I have the "Europe 1 (V6)" 0915 Map Installed as Standard, and I would like to update it especially to the Europe 5 Map for travel purposes, but for the time being I'll settle for the latest Europe 1 Map.

The problem I have is that I cannot get it to work at all.

So process is and I hope I've followed the tremendous directions on teh forum to a tee but somehow suspect I've failed miserably.

Firstly, Back Up Original Map including the "00 File" and the "EEC File" with "EEC_WLD File"
Secondly, Format SD Card in Unlocked Position
Thirdly, Unzip said downloaded file and copy and paste the new "00 File" and the new "EEC File" to SD Card
Finally, as mentioned earlier find the MAPS/EEC/EEC_WLD/OVERALL.NDS and copy that to the EEC File I take it.

Done all that put the SD Card back in the slot and switch on. Screen states that its reading the SD Card containing SatNav info then says i"No Navigation Date Available"
What am I doing wrong please

Tone
It Only Beaks When I Fix It

Arona 1.0 SE TECH Nevada White

AronaKent

Post by AronaKent » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:32 pm

When you formatted the card did you format it in FAT32 format? I didn’t actually format the card, I just copied the original files from the card to my PC and then deleted the contents of the card.

Once that was done I used 7zip to extract the data to the card, making sure the first/top folder name is ‘maps’.

Then I copied the overall.nds file from the backup and saved it in the same folder on the new update.

Job done

I hope that helps?
Last edited by AronaKent on Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Main Seat Arona chat”