Sat nav updates

All Seat Arona related discussions
AronaKent

Re: Sat nav updates

Post by AronaKent » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:32 am

I'm glad you got it working Tone.

What I still don't understand is why the Overall.nds file needs to be copied from the original for it to work, as there is no mention of this in the official update instructions. I only found out by stumbling over the Ateca forum when I was researching if any old SD Card would work, rather than the original.

Hopefully they'll either fix this or adjust the instructions as this will waste a lot of peoples time who don't visit these types of forums.
2018(68) Arona SE Technology, 1.0 95ps TSI Manual. All silver - Full LED Headlights :idea:

t512857

Post by t512857 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:32 pm

This is why a clond SD card won't work. The SatNav is linked to the so called CID number of the card.
Information about an SD card is encoded in its internal card registries. One of these is the Card Identification (CID) Register, a 16 byte code that contains information that uniquely identifies the SD card, including the card serial number (PSN), manufacturer ID number (MID) and manufacture date (MDT). The CID register is set when the card is manufactured and cannot be changed after it is set.

t512857

Post by t512857 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:35 pm

Regarding the way of working described in previous posts here: is it possible to add country information from different update packages into one?

malanderson

Post by malanderson » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:46 pm

Works on Leon too. Shear frustration at not being able to update, as I have had 4 Octavias and now have Superb with Columbus (Hard Disk Drive) and have never paid for a SatNav update. To find that my wife's new Seat Leon bought Nov 2018 has a 2017 set of Maps installed and that to update them she is expected to Pay £200 - Grrr!!. Anyway your method works perfectly, although I must point out a couple of things. Firstly, using Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V to copy paste seems to change the files properties (W10 Pro) - must be an NDS thing) whereas Right Click Mouse Copy/Paste for the overwrite of the "Overall.NDS File" works when the SDHC is finally reinstalled into the car. Second - and this is mused about in all the various VW forums and has been for some years - The Proper VW (group) SDHC CANNOT BE RECREATED, by messing with an ordinary SDHC. You really do need a proper one, its size has been specially created as a protection measure. Like many others I thought it a good idea to have a 'Spare' in case of theft loss damage etc. I spent many hours of my employer's time trying - I'm sure if they knew, they would have bought me a spare, just to save money. What a weird world. I suppose the the "Overall.NDS File" is matched to the SatNav head unit the first time it is inserted. so Putting a copy up on the web is a waste of time - Unless you know different !!!!

Williecarona

Post by Williecarona » Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:20 pm

I've been following this thread , does anyone know how to unzip the europe 1 file on a mac I've downloaded it but can't seem to get it unzipped ?

Williecarona

Post by Williecarona » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:17 pm

Found it , got the downloaded file extracted and copied my old file and overwrote the nds file in eec wild just need to sum up the courage to copy the new maps folder onto the sd card

Davyboy

Post by Davyboy » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:21 pm

it works fine

AronaKent

Post by AronaKent » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:51 pm

Williecarona wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:17 pm
Found it , got the downloaded file extracted and copied my old file and overwrote the nds file in eec wild just need to sum up the courage to copy the new maps folder onto the sd card
As long as you’ve got a backup of the original SD card contents, you can’t go wrong
2018(68) Arona SE Technology, 1.0 95ps TSI Manual. All silver - Full LED Headlights :idea:

Williecarona

Post by Williecarona » Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:01 pm

Cheers mate will copy content of card to MacBook first

Williecarona

Post by Williecarona » Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:39 pm

Terriertom# wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:03 pm
Same issue .Awaiting Aberdeen bypass to open. Would like to update sat nav.
Thanks for the links.😊.

Arona FR Sport .Nevada White/Black roof.
that's me just successfully update and hey presto aberdeen bypass is on my sat nav !

Return to “Main Seat Arona chat”