Help

All Seat Arona related discussions
honeybear

Help

Post by honeybear » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:28 pm

Just noticed on the driver side backrest the stitching has come away at the bottom ad has moved about a third of the way up the seat. I have been back to Seat Darlington were I bought the car from. to cost (A) a new seat cover or (B) a repair. Seat Darlington promised to ring me back the next day with an answer .Yes you guessed I am still waiting for that phone call from Monday No Help here I am afraid.
Can anybody give me an answer for a professional repair cost.
Or a new back seat cover and name of supplier.
I am in Stockton on Tees .So any help is greatly appreciated
Thanks in advance.
I don't know how the tear started and don't want to get in a bun fight with the supplier as I would get no were from past experience with this company.

GazzaB

Re: Help

Post by GazzaB » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:03 pm

First chase the dealer, as it could well be a defect and the seat was not finished correctly, thus the stitching came away.
If you can get them to sort it out in warranty then great.
if not then the Dealer will charge a fortune.
Have a look in the local papers or do a search online for auto upholstery repairers.
I had an old Passat ages ago and the seat base had gone, I brought a seat base online and a local gut near me replaced it at a very reasonable price.
I had contact a few and some gave stupid high prices.
Local craftsman's are sometime better and cheaper then these big firms. shop around. Always someone local.
Arona Excellence Lux 1.0TSi 115PS DSG. Nevada White with Black Roof, OEM dark window tint, Fitted a Carbon Fibre look rear Bumper Guard. Pressed Metal Number plates with Carbon fibre plate holder.
Planning to Do: Sound Deadening.

Snowdaddy

Post by Snowdaddy » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:28 am

Chase the dealer, they should have photographed it and checked for warranty repair

Without knowing age of car (and I suspect it is only weeks or months old), stitching that has failed was probably a manufacturing defect, so they should replace the stiching (or if easier the covers). If they don’t agree, make them prove it wasn’t manufacturing defect (wear and tear on virtually new is unacceptable unless you wear studded clothes), onus shouldn’t be on you to prove opposite, and make you have to jump through hoops to show it was faulty. Probably broken thread that wasn't picked up at quality control, or PDI

If it is a tear, even if you accidentally did it, its your problem, and as GazzaB has suggested hunt out a local repairer
Arona Xcelence Lux 115 tsi DSG monsoon grey with orange roof, leather and alcantara interior

honeybear

Post by honeybear » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:33 pm

Thanks for the Replies.
I have sourced a repairer with a good reputation. Charge of £65 and a promise of you wont be able to see "the Repair" He has to take the seat out and remove back fabric to fix fault.
With Seat Darlington not getting back to me I thought do I really want to get into a bun fight. When the service comes round I will take my Arona to Jennings Middlesbrough and the "seat belt fix "will also go to Jennings.
So Jennings Middlesbrough wins.

Return to “Main Seat Arona chat”