Bonzo wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:19 pm
Can’t get to the 3 screws without firstly taking off the plastic cover
No you have to take the grill off its held by four knock on plastic tabs
Arona FR TSI 115 Magnetic Grey[ Black Roof

Bonzo

Re: Changing Halogen Fog Light Bulbs to LED

Post by Bonzo » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:08 am

I think that I will wait until the summer before trying this again, then the plastic will be a bit more forgiving when trying to get the surround off.
The front does look rather odd with headlights on that are a really white light and you look at the fogs that are yellow.
Another little bit of attention to detail that Seat have overlooked, why not put LEDs in the fogs?
FR 115 with DSG. Desire red, black roof.

Brian566

Post by Brian566 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:19 pm

Bonzo wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:19 pm
Can’t get to the 3 screws without firstly taking off the plastic cover
Have a look it this on the Ateca its similar look how he takes it off regardless off the screw its still a struggle with the trim Tools

Bonzo

Post by Bonzo » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:33 pm

Thanks for your input Brian, hopefully I will only have to do this job once.
FR 115 with DSG. Desire red, black roof.

Cap boiler

Post by Cap boiler » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:16 pm

My fog lamp replaced due to stone smashing lens, careful use of plastic trim lever to remove trimpiece to access lamp - be careful not to use screwdriver to prise. Thankfully, my repair by SEAT in Velez-Malaga on tour, and at excellent price.

DavidinScotland

Post by DavidinScotland » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:17 pm

I found this video for the Ateca which gives a rough idea in what's involved to get into the bulb -

Search for '4pcs Car Radio Door Body Clip Panel Trim Dash Audio Plastic Removal Pry Tool Kit' for the tools on Ebay

I'm now thinking of putting in Osram Night Breaker Halogens rather than LED
Arona Excellence Lux 115PS Petrol DSG Auto. Monsoon Grey - Eclipse Orange Roof
Pentagon Midnight Tint on all rear windows

jmayola

Post by jmayola » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:00 pm

Lo mejor es cambiarlas por la parte de la rueda, destornillar 4 tornillos del plástico desplazar el plástico y ya tienes acceso a la bombilla

Brian566

Post by Brian566 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:26 pm

jmayola wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:00 pm
Lo mejor es cambiarlas por la parte de la rueda, destornillar 4 tornillos del plástico desplazar el plástico y ya tienes acceso a la bombilla
Thanks
Translation
or better is to change them by the part of the wheel, unscrew 4 screws of the plastic to move the plastic and you already have access to the bulb
This may be a better way

reevo

Post by reevo » Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:42 pm

Please note the post below is the method I used to replace a standard halogen fog light bulb, before changing over to any other after market bulb including LED bulbs please do your research since using an after market LED bulb may be illegal in your country and may not work in your vehicle. LED bulbs are expensive and please do your homework before committing to carry out the modification. Any work carried out by yourself is at your own risk for damage either to the vehicle or yourself.

The method I used to replace the halogen fog light bulb on my Arona was to remove the fog light grill (surround) and replace the bulb from the front of the vehicle, note there is no screw holding the grill in place on the Arona, (ref youtube video changing fog light bulb on Ateca) only several retaining slots moulded all around the inside of the grill which have to be separated from the bumper. Don't be confused by the round item at bottom outer corner of grill there is no screw behind there it is a parking/proximity/radar sensor. Don't be tempted to turn the screw under the fog light this does not hold the grill in place it adjusts the position of the fog light.
I used plastic levers, part of a door trim removal kit which came with about 10 or more different shaped levers, and found the best way is to start at the top inner corner nearest the main grill and just work away with several levers around this area eventually the grill will start to come away from the bumper and you will get a gap big enough to pull the fog light grill away with your hand. You need to be extremely careful when doing this since it is very easy to break off the plastic on the outer edge of the slots if you are too aggressive with the pull you need to gently work the grill away from the bumper. Note that the grill will still be attached to the vehicle by a wiring loom for the sensor be careful not to pull this off.
The light assembly is held on by three T20 screws and changing the bulb is very easy, unclip the wiring plug, and twist the bulb off and pull out from the body of the lamp. Note it is an HB4 bulb. Replacement is very easy simply reverse procedure the grill just pops back on.
Last edited by reevo on Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Lampie

Post by Lampie » Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:32 pm

see some post futher, with pics.
Last edited by Lampie on Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Seat Arona FR DSG7 Business Intense Full LED 130HP 280Nm 29200 km
205/60/16 Vredestein Snowtrack 5 wintertires on Borbet Y rims

100% FULL LED !
Seat Urban Vehicle ®