Prospective buyer

All Seat Arona related discussions
Snowdaddy

Re: Prospective buyer

Post by Snowdaddy » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:46 am

Tyre - Road noise is very subjective, and different people are more sensitive to different frequencies

I would say the Arona is fairly quiet, some roads cannot be heard at all, however there are some very corse sections where can get quite a rumble. The worst I have encountered are the bare concrete sections of M3 (J 8-9) and M25 (J 8-9) which rumble

The noise is slightly poorer when cold as the factory fit summer tyres become hard when cold. But longer term I will change them to all seasons, and will pick quieter tyres.

I would say the car is quiet, I have never noticed any wind noise from mirrors either.
Arona Xcelence Lux 115 tsi DSG monsoon grey with orange roof, leather and alcantara interior. Also have a Skoda Roomster.

dcweather

Post by dcweather » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:44 pm

Thanks Marc. I forgot to ask about the getting in and out but that is one of the main reasons for getting an SUV! if you want help on knees I'm your man. After 40 years of problems I've had two complete replacements in the last two years - big improvement:-)
Dave

edtrotter

Post by edtrotter » Tue May 04, 2021 3:13 pm

Hi all, we are looking at getting an Arona but have a slightly strange requirement...

We have recently bought an AxKid Rearfacing carseat which fits by looping a 'tether strap' underneath the driver/passenger seat rail in front like so: . Unsurprisingly, the review videos and pictures don't tend to show the underside of the drivers seat! Is anyone able to help?

MotorMan

Post by MotorMan » Tue May 04, 2021 4:00 pm

The video appears to show alternative fixing methods. The Arona's front seat rails are bolted flat to the floor so it is not possible to pass a strap underneath and around the seat runner. The front seat has 4 support legs which run in the rails but these supports are rather sharp, square-edged steel. I wouldn't have thought it very wise to place straps around these supports as the sharp edges could potentially fray the webbing. If it's a popular child's seat hopefully someone on here will have more info to help you. If in doubt get a garage to advise you as you can't take chances with safety gear.
Xcellence 115PS Red/ Black roof

Janwal

Post by Janwal » Fri May 07, 2021 2:41 pm

Why not pop into a dealers. Take the seat with you and ask them to let you see if it fits. If a sale depends on it I’m sure they would oblige.