Unhappy with my Arona

All Seat Arona related discussions
Dola3005

Unhappy with my Arona

Post by Dola3005 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:47 pm

Hi everyone

Made an account to get some advice.
I’ve had my Arona since April time, so about 9 months now and I am just feeling disappointed with the car as whole.
Dashboard tells me there’s issues with the headlights when there’s not, car seems to rattle and make weird noises when I pick up speed, satnav takes me dodgy routes on a simple journey (I believe to make me do more miles than necessary - I’ve already done over 10,000), radio sometimes just doesn’t turn on with the car and randomly turns on later or on a different journey, auto braking system has nearly made me crash twice due to picking up random things as a static or slowed vehicle when it’s not, applies the brakes and I nearly crash! (Not including the now faulty seatbelt in the back seat which scares me!!!)

The list goes on. I haven’t taken it back to any dealership or spoken to any garage as I’ve just decided it’s becoming a recurring issue.

I’m interested to find out where I stand if I no longer want the vehicle? There’s a clause where you can return the vehicle within 2 weeks of delivery date if you’re unhappy but who can make that decision within 2 weeks?

Any advice is welcomed :D and I’m so sorry for the long post.

Thank you!

Snowdaddy

Re: Unhappy with my Arona

Post by Snowdaddy » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:23 am

Sorry to hear you have problems.

I am not totally sure of the process, but I believe you need to give the selling dealer (not any garage) a chance to fix the problems (not multiple goes at trying to fix). Therefore list them out, talk to them, let them correct them under warranty (and you would be justified in a loan car whilst they do the work).

If a fault is very intermittent, they can be very hard to replicate which tends to get a lazy no fault found answer, but that shouldn’t stop them scanning for fault codes. The sensitivity of the radar can be set in infotainment.

Either they will manage to fix everything, and then you will have a fault free car.
Or some will not be done satisfactorily, then you have strong case to reject as dealer is unable to fix the faults.

Note your contract is with the supplying dealer (and maybe jointly with a finance company if you used their finance), it is not with the manufacturer, or another SEAT dealer. You could talk to another dealer for advice (and even get normal warranty work or servicing done by them), but they would not be involved in any rejection request.
Arona Xcelence Lux 115 tsi DSG monsoon grey with orange roof, leather and alcantara interior. Also have a Skoda Roomster.

Dola3005

Post by Dola3005 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:43 am

Hello,
Thank you for the advice!
I have to book in to have the faulty seatbelt repaired so I will speak to my local store about having some diagnostics ran whilst I’m there.

If it comes back no faults found, I would like to know where I stand about leaving my PCP early - I guess that would be something I’d deal with the finance company about.
I know there are faults there, I don’t want my warranty to expire and then the car starts to fall apart! :(

Thanks!

Katiep

Post by Katiep » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:20 am

I am in the same boat.
I love the look of the car and the idea of it in principle but in real life it just doesn’t do it for me.
I’ve had a warning about right dipped headlight that comes on and off and they can’t find a problem with it.
The front warning sensor scares me to death most days and as you say, there seems to be no reason for it going off in the first place.
Today, i turned the car on, expecting it to connect to my phone and start playing music from my Spotify (as it’s done every day since I got it), in stead, I just see the “seat” sign on the screen and for my 30 min drive to work, it didn’t change.
I couldn’t use the radio, couldn’t play my music, couldn’t make phone calls, couldn’t check traffic alerts or use my sat nav.
Overall I’m not very impressed.

Dola3005

Post by Dola3005 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:34 pm

Hi Katie,

It seems the issues we’re experiencing are quite common :(
I’ve requested a settlement figure and am going to see what I can do, ideally I just want to return the car and be shot of it.

Hopefully someone can shed some light about where I stand with this!

Thanks

Katiep

Post by Katiep » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:34 pm

It’s a shame.
I had high hopes for the car but it’s just not met expectations.

Katiep

Post by Katiep » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:10 am

Hello
I just wondered if you’d had any info on what your options were?
My warning light issue was fixed and for the last few weeks everything has been ok however today, I get in the car to go to work and my radio didn’t work.
It was connected, but there was no sound. I checked the volume but that didn’t do anything, I tried changing radio station, I couldn’t.
I tried playing music from my phone via Bluetooth, that didn’t work.
I’m not impressed

2dandies

Re: problems with playing music from spotify

Post by 2dandies » Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:17 pm

I have a 6 month old Arona FR& really like the car except for a niggle to do with when I am playing music via Spotify from my phone. Really strange but when I start driving (usually happens after first setting off) and I turn the steering wheel or indicate, the track I am listening to goes back to the start. It's indiscriminate tbh but very irritating. I don't think it's a problem with Spotify but think there's some slight malfunction in the steering wheel which interferes with the system. I have booked it in end of June for a technician to hopefully witness what happens & hopefully get some answers as to why it happens (when I spoke to SEAT they said they had never heard of such a problem before). Just wondered if anyone could suggest what could be causing it?Many thanks

Sbarker

Re: problems with playing music from spotify

Post by Sbarker » Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:31 pm

2dandies wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:17 pm
I have a 6 month old Arona FR& really like the car except for a niggle to do with when I am playing music via Spotify from my phone. Really strange but when I start driving (usually happens after first setting off) and I turn the steering wheel or indicate, the track I am listening to goes back to the start. It's indiscriminate tbh but very irritating. I don't think it's a problem with Spotify but think there's some slight malfunction in the steering wheel which interferes with the system. I have booked it in end of June for a technician to hopefully witness what happens & hopefully get some answers as to why it happens (when I spoke to SEAT they said they had never heard of such a problem before). Just wondered if anyone could suggest what could be causing it?Many thanks
Only thing on the steering wheel is that you have skip forward and back buttons on the left side of the wheel so either you are unwittingly pressing this - but I am sure you would notice, or maybe there is a short somewhere in the wheel / column. Have you tried putting on a radio preset or playing music from another device / USB stick and see if its the same behaviour ?