Seat Arona xcellence lux

All Seat Arona related discussions
Tdoe94

Seat Arona xcellence lux

Post by Tdoe94 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:48 pm

Hi guys !

Have just ordered my new Seat Arona xcellence lux and have a question

It seems there have been a few changes to this model when reading peoples reviews and was just wondering if so what these are? Also is there a white dashboard or have they now changed this to black ?

Thanks

Marc

Re: Seat Arona xcellence lux

Post by Marc » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:25 pm

We have the Xcellence Lux the original spec was alcantara leatherette seats and wrapped dash, however SEAT had trouble sourcing the alcantara so when we ordered in June 2018 it was titan cloth heated seats and beats audio instead, the published spec hadn't changed but we were told this by the dealer. When it come to build date the spec had changed to micro suede seats, not heated, no beats audio but digital cockpit. The dealer confirmed that's what we should get.

What we actually got 5 months later in mid November was titan cloth heated seats, beats audio, digital cockpit and white dash which as far as I'm aware has never actually been a spec. The specs are on the price list that can be downloaded from the SEAT website, not that SEAT take any notice of specs it appears they build the cars with whatever that have at hand at the time. The spec as far as I know has always included folding mirrors on the Xcellence Lux and if your lucky, like us, you may get them.

That said it's a nice car and the white dash goes well with our car being Nevada White and Black roof
Xcellence Lux 1600tdi manual White with Black roof.

GazzaB

Post by GazzaB » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:26 pm

Ive got an Xcellence Lux with the original Alcantara seats and covered dash.
I was offered the car with the cloth seats and white dash etc, but had the Option to wait and have the Original Spec.
Glad I did, think this interior looks so much better. but that's my opinion.
would like to have the Digital Dash retro fitted at a later date. as that would really improve it.
Wont be too long before someone starts to offer this as a retro fit.
Miss the heated seats, but a few guys on here have had this retro fitted and they say it works great.
Think SEAT missed a trick with not offering the heated seats on the LUX. and not sure this "buy as is" model without having options is that not as as great as SEAT wanted.
In Germany and other countries its still all done as Optional extras, and in the UK we do all love a good option to add in LOL. :)
Arona Excellence Lux 1.0TSi 115PS DSG. Nevada White with Black Roof, OEM dark window tint, Fitted a Carbon Fibre look rear Bumper Guard. Pressed Metal Number plates with Carbon fibre plate holder.
Planning to Do: Sound Deadening.

Brian566

Post by Brian566 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:23 am

GazzaB wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:26 pm
Ive got an Xcellence Lux with the original Alcantara seats and covered dash.
I was offered the car with the cloth seats and white dash etc, but had the Option to wait and have the Original Spec.
Glad I did, think this interior looks so much better. but that's my opinion.
would like to have the Digital Dash retro fitted at a later date. as that would really improve it.
Wont be too long before someone starts to offer this as a retro fit.
Miss the heated seats, but a few guys on here have had this retro fitted and they say it works great.
Think SEAT missed a trick with not offering the heated seats on the LUX. and not sure this "buy as is" model without having options is that not as as great as SEAT wanted.
In Germany and other countries its still all done as Optional extras, and in the UK we do all love a good option to add in LOL. :)
Yes I fail to understand why the UK is the only country that has no options I can not be Just RHD as Ireland has the options think its a punishment for Brexit
Arona FR TSI 115 Magnetic Grey /Black Roof

JAYGEE

Post by JAYGEE » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:22 pm

We finally got our MY19 Arona Excellence Lux two weeks ago. Outside, it has retractable door mirrors. Inside it has a digital dash, microsuede seats and a black dash. The infotainment system is mind blowing and will take a while to get used to. the only negative I can find so far is that there's no interior rear light. since the roof lining is black that is a pain at night. No doubt they will get round to fixing that in MY20 or 21!
White Excellence Lux with black roof 1.0 TSI 115 PS 7-speed DSG-auto

Snowdaddy

Post by Snowdaddy » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:55 am

There were all sorts of temporary specs through 2018 as SEAT didn’t order enough Xcelence Lux parts (or they hadn’t expected to receive so many orders of high spec, then discovered too late that there was enough capacity to build them)

Haven’t heard of any swapped parts recently, should now be microsuede (alcantara is a brand name from one company), digital dashboard, leather look dashboard, folding mirrors

Orders should be back to about 3 months, worst delays were orders from March-April 2018, some of which took about 6-8 months
Arona Xcelence Lux 115 tsi DSG monsoon grey with orange roof, leather and alcantara interior. Also have a Skoda Roomster.

The Wall Watcher

Post by The Wall Watcher » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:02 am

Yes, appears to be back to normal if my order is anything to go by. Ordered end of October, picking up tomorrow. :D
FR Sport 1.0 TSI 115 PS 6-speed manual Eclipse Orange, Magnetic Grey Roof

stottycabanas

Post by stottycabanas » Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:14 pm

Well I've had my Arona for just over a month now, so it's time to reflect on first impressions.

Things didn't get off to a great start. I placed my order for an Xcellence Lux in Desire Red at the end of August. 3 days later I changed my mind on the colour of the roof and told the dealer I wanted it black. When I was informed in November that my car had arrived, the roof was red, however the dealer in the end agreed to get it painted black. I then asked the dealer to check for heated seats, etc. and this is when it was discovered that despite my order clearly stating it was an Xcellence Lux, when the dealer placed the order with the factory, the word Lux seems to have been forgotten!

As it happened, the dealer had a cancelled order for an Xcellence Lux, identical to what I wanted except that it was the DSG version, not manual. I decided to accept this, rather than wait for a new order of a manual Lux. I got it just before Xmas.

Overall, I like the car very much: smooth ride, decent performance for a turbo 1.0l engine, comprehensive infotainment system, 44 mpg for an auto on mostly short trips, adaptive cruise control is good.

But I have identified a number of drawbacks, some very minor, some not so. A number of these have of course been highlighted in this forum already, but I'll refer to them anyway.

* No interior light in rear of car. Unforgivable. Clearly nobody in the SEAT design team has ever had a small child in their car.
* Space. I had a 2010 model Ford Focus before whose boot was measured at 350 litres. The Arona says 400 litres, so I didn't examine it too closely and assumed there would be more room. Went to put my golf gear in for the first time - errr, only just fits. Maybe with boot lid in lower position there's more vertical space, but it still feels small. Same with loading small children into the rear - it's more of a squeeze than before. Maybe my own fault for not taking precise measurements, but who does that?
* Door mirrors don't fold electrically - dispute ongoing.
* The Eco profile has to be selected every time you start the car - it won't store it.
* Small fuel tank, feels like I'm always on the lookout for a garage!
* Can't find a way to display total mileage apart from when you turn engine off. You can show 'long-term' but that only lasts up to 9,999 miles.
* Some info that you might want to look at fairly often such as the time and the outside temperature are small in size and barely lit.
* The icon to tell you if your lights are on is next to the light switch, so you either have to remove one hand from the wheel or move your head position to see it. The icon for full beam is on the dash, where the other one should be.
* The centre console is just about high enough for comfort, but only just.
* The keyless entry only works on the driver's door, not the passenger door (OK, it was something I got used to with the Focus).
* The mechanism to slide the drivers seat back and forth is a small lever on the far side of the seat from the door. Why not the near side?
* The wipers are a little 'enthusiastic' when on auto - they're at full speed during fairly mild rain.
* Beeping, beeping, beeping. There's so much of it, it distracts from when it's really needed.
* The radio mutes when there's beeping and when you're reversing. I know you can adjust that, but it's still annoying.
* and finally, the plastic wallet for the user manual is the tackiest thing I've seen in ages!

As I said, some are very minor and may cause a WTF reaction, but these are just my observations. I stress that despite this longish list, I do like owning the Arona! :D
Arona Xcellence Lux 1.0L 115PS DSG Desire Red/Midnight Black

Brian566

Post by Brian566 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:24 pm

Well reported Niggle List :roll:
Got to agree on the Rear Interior Light Missing
Arona FR TSI 115 Magnetic Grey /Black Roof

number6

Post by number6 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:15 pm

stottycabanas wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:14 pm
Well I've had my Arona for just over a month now, so it's time to reflect on first impressions.

Things didn't get off to a great start. I placed my order for an Xcellence Lux in Desire Red at the end of August. 3 days later I changed my mind on the colour of the roof and told the dealer I wanted it black. When I was informed in November that my car had arrived, the roof was red, however the dealer in the end agreed to get it painted black. I then asked the dealer to check for heated seats, etc. and this is when it was discovered that despite my order clearly stating it was an Xcellence Lux, when the dealer placed the order with the factory, the word Lux seems to have been forgotten!

* Can't find a way to display total mileage apart from when you turn engine off. You can show 'long-term' but that only lasts up to 9,999 miles.
Have to agree with you on all points. However, you can see the total mileage if you turn off Active Cruise Control.
My current dispute is the SatNav. It tries to take me off at every other A road junction and then rejoin at the next opportunity. Sometimes this is, take the offslip and then rejoin at the onslip. However, sometimes, it takes me through a village and then wait for the next chance to rejoin.
I queried this and was told it was a known fault and that the next update (Jan/Feb) would resolve this. There is normally a charge of about £65 but they would waive this, but no sign of it yet.

Return to “Main Seat Arona chat”