I didn’t know the Arona did this (hints to others)

All Seat Arona related discussions
Lampie

Re: I didn’t know the Arona did this (hints to others)

Post by Lampie » Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:24 pm

Tomorrow I'm going to the UK, in the carmenu I changed the (digital) speed to miles/hour and kept the odo distance in kilometers.
Only thing is : cruisecontrole indication is also in miles now... :!:
never mind, it's only for a few days :D

the Seat is more than a multitalent, I will never get used to miles ... I prefer the metric system
Seat Arona FR DSG7 Business Intense 100% FULL LED ! 130HP 280Nm 29600 km
205/55/17 95V Continental Contact5 Summertires on Seat FR 'DRIVE' [Brilliant Silver] rims 7x17"

Seat Urban Vehicle ®

MotorMan

Post by MotorMan » Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:15 am

Hope you enjoy your trip to visit us here in the (rather soggy) UK.
Xcellence 115PS Red/ Black roof

Lampie

Post by Lampie » Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:55 pm

There are a lot of potholes and bad roads near Gatwick, and some roads are so flotted, my sensors front, side and rear give alarm at the same time.
Also a question : Why are the public streetlighs off, on some roundabouts in Crawley... it's pitchdark overthere.
Even with my LED headlights on I drive like a blind mole...getting passed on all sides
205/55/17 95V Continental Contact5 Summertires on Seat FR 'DRIVE' [Brilliant Silver] rims 7x17"

Seat Urban Vehicle ®

MotorMan

Post by MotorMan » Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:54 am

Potholes and bad road surfaces are not restricted to the Gatwick area just about anywhere in the UK suffers similarly. We've now been promised appreciable funding to fix the problems but I'll believe it when I see it. Not sure about the lighting issue you mention though. Where I live there's virtually no road lighting provided even on roundabouts (not many roundabouts either!)
Xcellence 115PS Red/ Black roof

Rumbletum

Post by Rumbletum » Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:40 pm

Also a question : Why are the public streetlighs off, on some roundabouts in Crawley... it's pitchdark overthere.
Even with my LED headlights on I drive like a blind mole...getting passed on all sides
It's a common thing in this part of the world - it saves the local authorities money by switching the lights off after a certain time at night. The logic that you need a streetlight mainly at night seems to have escaped them......
The positive side of not having the lights on is that in the dark it is more difficult to see the horror that is Crawley :shock: :twisted: :mrgreen:

samhinsley

Post by samhinsley » Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:07 pm

Lampie wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:30 pm
In the FR , I have 2 paddles on the steering wheel.
Just click down, and the DSG is in manual M , for a minute or so, then back to D or E or S when you are not shifting up yourself.
I like this option on the highway, when driving with a trailer.
I don't use the manual side of the gear selector.
Click one gear down, before flooring the accelerator , build up some revs before overtaking.
The engine responds quickly , you cant over rev... then it's in automatic again, into the next gear.
Worth noting as well, if you hold the gear up paddle on the wheel for a couple of seconds, it will switch back to automatic without waiting.

Snowdaddy

Post by Snowdaddy » Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:37 am

If you haven’t used car for few days, but you previously drove in rain or on wet salted road, and rear discs have gone rusty, then handbrake releases much easier if you try and drive forward rather than reversing (so sensible to reverse into your driveway before parking it).

You can scrub the rear brakes to clean this discs by finding empty straight road and pulling on handbrake at over about 25mph. Or do a very heavy braking on empty fast road
Arona Xcelence Lux 115 tsi DSG monsoon grey with orange roof, leather and alcantara interior. Also have a Skoda Roomster.

gm80

Post by gm80 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:34 pm

to enable voice control just say 'hola hola' it works in my2020

pladecalvo

Post by pladecalvo » Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:22 am

Snowdaddy wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:20 am
Creating a thread with features that you might not know exist.
Please add to the list with others
Some not on all specs, but some I have found

Can fold mirrors to go through narrow gaps like garage doorways by turning mirror button to fold

Can swap between drive and sport mode by flicking the DSG gearstick back

Can display 3 different mpg readings, since start of journey or since refuel, or long term by holding down thumbwheel then scrolling

If stopped with start stop active, restarts automatically when car in front moves off

Can change the door interior lighting from white to red in infotainment (but annoying no rear interior lights)

Changing the interval switch seems to affect the sensitivity of the auto wipers (not sure exactly what happens here unless the change causes a wipe screen regardless)

Can fold mirrors when leaving car by holding down close button

The sync button on climate control is handy for restoring the temperature when passenger is no longer in car

Seems to be a handy little net in passenger footwell which is great for putting ice scraper or sunglasses case in

Offers to find petrol stations on the map when you are low on fuel
I changed my interior lighting from white to red - and it stays white!

Lampie

Post by Lampie » Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:36 pm

pladecalvo wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:22 am

I changed my interior lighting from white to red - and it stays white!
I can change the color in the front doors, not in / under the dash. they stay white

Seat Urban Vehicle ®