Combining Map packages

All Seat Arona related discussions
Steelsky
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:48 am

Combining Map packages

Post by Steelsky » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:59 am

Hi,

I have an Arona ordered in January 2018 and received in December, a different car that someone else ordered that looked enough like mine for me to grab it.

I've seen that there is an updated map package available but there is no package that lines up with the countries that I would like to have available.

Does anyone know of a way to combine packages and create a new one based on more than one source package?

/Søren Walther


User avatar
Brian566
Posts: 278
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:27 pm
Location: West Yorks

Re: Combining Map packages

Post by Brian566 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:35 am

Hi /Soren
I guess you are from Scandinavia ?
We in the UK don't qualify for the Map upgrade package and we have to pay the dealers to upgrade when new maps come .Its only the rest of Europe that have the option of the Map upgrade package
Arona FR TSI 115 Magnetic Grey /Black Roof


AronaKent
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:47 am

Re: Combining Map packages

Post by AronaKent » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:34 pm

Brian566 wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:35 am
Hi /Soren
I guess you are from Scandinavia ?
We in the UK don't qualify for the Map upgrade package and we have to pay the dealers to upgrade when new maps come .Its only the rest of Europe that have the option of the Map upgrade package
Not true. See this thread - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=609
2018(68) Arona SE Technology, 1.0 95ps TSI Manual. All silver - Full LED Headlights :idea:


User avatar
Brian566
Posts: 278
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:27 pm
Location: West Yorks

Re: Combining Map packages

Post by Brian566 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:07 pm

AronaKent wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:34 pm
Brian566 wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:35 am
Hi /Soren
I guess you are from Scandinavia ?
We in the UK don't qualify for the Map upgrade package and we have to pay the dealers to upgrade when new maps come .Its only the rest of Europe that have the option of the Map upgrade package
Not true. See this thread - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=609
You are partly right but its not map share package that's available in Europe which seems more simple as its official
The way it has to be done in the UK is defiantly not simple and involves formatting card hence the 6 page link
Last edited by Brian566 on Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arona FR TSI 115 Magnetic Grey /Black Roof


User avatar
Brian566
Posts: 278
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:27 pm
Location: West Yorks

Re: Combining Map packages

Post by Brian566 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:13 pm

From the Seat Ireland site who do have map Car available
Do not rewrite on the original SD card if you are not absolutely sure that you have the MapCare service!
Rewriting the SD card without hiring the MapCare service may cause data loss!
Arona FR TSI 115 Magnetic Grey /Black Roof


t512857
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:39 pm

Re: Combining Map packages

Post by t512857 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:31 pm

You don't need to combine maps. Just use the Volkswagen map packages from here:
https://webspecial.volkswagen.de/vwinfo ... 994e464a9f
They have now version 1115 and is fully compatible.
To update the SD card: follow directions from thread: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=609
Works fine.


User avatar
Williecarona
Posts: 105
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:06 pm

Re: Combining Map packages

Post by Williecarona » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:44 am

There is a subtle difference between rewriting on the sd card and reformatting the sd card DO NOT REFORMAT THE SD CARD , it contains a file unique to your vehicle which must be copied and rewritten over during the update process - I cannot take any credit for this information , I seem to recall Arona Kent had excellent information, see the wonderful thread regarding sat nav updates on this forum and follow it


AronaKent
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:47 am

Re: Combining Map packages

Post by AronaKent » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:29 am

Brian566 wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:07 pm
AronaKent wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:34 pm
Brian566 wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:35 am
Hi /Soren
I guess you are from Scandinavia ?
We in the UK don't qualify for the Map upgrade package and we have to pay the dealers to upgrade when new maps come .Its only the rest of Europe that have the option of the Map upgrade package
Not true. See this thread - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=609
You are partly right but its not map share package that's available in Europe which seems more simple as its official
The way it has to be done in the UK is defiantly not simple and involves formatting card hence the 6 page link
The UK way is official - https://www.seat.com/owners/my-seat/nav ... arona.html

I agree that it's not as simple as it should be, as the instructions fail to tell you to copy a file from the original data on the SD card, as Williecarona mentions above, but it's all tried and tested so it's not difficult. Just make sure you take a copy of your original SD card before starting and you can't go wrong.
2018(68) Arona SE Technology, 1.0 95ps TSI Manual. All silver - Full LED Headlights :idea:


AronaKent
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:47 am

Re: Combining Map packages

Post by AronaKent » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:31 am

Williecarona wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:44 am
There is a subtle difference between rewriting on the sd card and reformatting the sd card DO NOT REFORMAT THE SD CARD , it contains a file unique to your vehicle which must be copied and rewritten over during the update process - I cannot take any credit for this information , I seem to recall Arona Kent had excellent information, see the wonderful thread regarding sat nav updates on this forum and follow it
I can't really take the credit either! I found the information on the equivilant Ateca forum. :D
2018(68) Arona SE Technology, 1.0 95ps TSI Manual. All silver - Full LED Headlights :idea:


Steelsky
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:48 am

Re: Combining Map packages

Post by Steelsky » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:32 am

Thanks, a large amount of good information for me to try out.

Especially the one about the unique file so I'll have to grab the original card and copy over before doing the upgrade on the new one the dealer said was a good idea to buy and do it with.

Edit: The VW package European Countries - Bundle 1 seems to have all the countries I need/want.

/Søren


Post Reply

Return to “Main Seat Arona chat”