Folding door mirrors

All Seat Arona related discussions
Danny1

Folding door mirrors

Post by Danny1 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:32 pm

Thought i would ask members with more experience of the Arona about the folding door mirrors, on handover the salesman set them to close on locking always, i think i would prefer them to lock from the key fob (extended press) so disabled the option in the mirrors/windows menu however I can’t get this to operate it does close any open windows but not fold the mirrors, only had the Arona just over a week so still learning its the FR model. Apart from this it is a excellent love ro pieces

Cap boiler

Re: Folding door mirrors

Post by Cap boiler » Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:34 pm

Quite simple I hope! Just continue pressing the lock button and the mirrors fold.

Danny1

Post by Danny1 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:17 am

Doesn’t seem to work on mine closes any open windows but doesn’t fold mirrors fault or a setting ?

keitht

Post by keitht » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:23 pm

My mirrors fold when the fob is pressed for a few seconds. My fold mirrors when parking option is ticked.
Suggest you select yours again and see what happens. The option of folding instantly on pressing the key, rather than on a long press might be an option set by the dealer using VAG.com.
Desire Red with black roof FR

Cap boiler

Post by Cap boiler » Sat May 18, 2019 10:44 am

Anyone having issue- my option for ‘fold when parked’ is ticked and I simply hold the lock button on my key fob a few seconds and they fold in. If I then unlock car with fob the mirrors unfold. However, sometimes I fold mirrors by touching and holding the keyless sensor on the drivers door and then later come to unlock car with fob then the mirrors stay folded and vice versa. Usually resolved by using the manual switch on mirror adjusting knob.
However, today mirrors stayed folded even on driving and eventually righted themselves on parking up and fiddling with switch and lock/unlock with fob.
SE tech 95 First Edition

Return to “Main Seat Arona chat”