Seat Arona Forum banner

Seat Arona SE Technology

9K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  Jiminuk 
#1 ·
Could anyone who has this trim tell me the specific spec and thoughts on this please Im considering ordering one. Thanks x

#4 ·
Most things are across the range so not listing them all, they are all listed on price list (but not brochure) available for download on Seat UK website

https://web1.seat.co.uk/sites/default/files/seat_ra_file/arona-pricelist-may-2019-v3.pdf

SE tech manual is 95bhp, some are 113bhp versions
SE tech spec has manual air con, some have dual climate control
No auto wipers, no auto headlights
Drum brakes at rear
No alarm
Halogen headlights (not LED)
Black not chrome roof rails and window trim
Black mirrors, not roof colour (not folding)
Fewer paint colours than top specs

Higher models also get things like better seat upholstery, adaptive cruise control, blind spot monitor, DSG paddles, some have 18 inch wheels, front parking sensors, heated front seats, armrests, extra storage pockets, (varies by spec), so look at full list on link.

#6 ·
JamesL said:
dannymidd said:
i just got mine on friday and think its great for what i need . only downside is the mirrors are fixed
I have the SE Technology and although they are stiff, you can push the mirrors in.
I suspect dannymidd was referring to the lack of motorised/electric folding. I'm sure (and hope) he didn't believe they were truly fixed! :shock:

#8 ·
honeybear said:
MY seat Arona SE TECHNOLOGY Diesel Has disks all round ,Winter Pack .VW 1.6 Diesel ,brilliant car goes like snot.Keep away from those 3 pot petrol cars get more than 2 people in car and it doesn't move and ancient technology ,with the drum brakes at the back ughh.
Mine doesn't - definitely drums on the back.
No problem with the efficacy of braking, I think the extra wieght of the engine over the front wheels helps.

#9 ·
DomesticExtremist said:
honeybear said:
MY seat Arona SE TECHNOLOGY Diesel Has disks all round ,Winter Pack .VW 1.6 Diesel ,brilliant car goes like snot.Keep away from those 3 pot petrol cars get more than 2 people in car and it doesn't move and ancient technology ,with the drum brakes at the back ughh.
Mine doesn't - definitely drums on the back.
No problem with the efficacy of braking, I think the extra wieght of the engine over the front wheels helps.
I think it depends on the engine power 95PS versions get rear drums, 115PS versions get discs, it's on page 29 of the price list

https://web1.seat.co.uk/sites/default/files/seat_ra_file/arona-pricelist-may-2019-v4.pdf

#10 ·
The reason I didn't go any higher up the range than SE Tech was from then on they all have keyless technology, which I think is the best example of technology for it's own sake, I can only see disadvantages in having it, Incidentally I like my 3 cyl turbo, but it's not as smooth or fast as that in my old Fiesta.

#11 ·
sandgrounder said:
The reason I didn't go any higher up the range than SE Tech was from then on they all have keyless technology, which I think is the best example of technology for it's own sake, I can only see disadvantages in having it, Incidentally I like my 3 cyl turbo, but it's not as smooth or fast as that in my old Fiesta.
Agree on keyless - many have already been hacked and I'm sure it will be the scandal of the decade as things go along.

That being said the SE Tech already has more than enough technology, too much IMO, all waiting to break at some point in the future. It is a shame as I can see me wanting to keep the car for a considerable number of years - the underlying car is very good - and don't want to be fighting a losing battle with tech going bad.

#13 ·
louey said:
Unless I am not reading the sales blurb correctly the FR sport we have ordered should not have keyless.
Correct Not Keyless that why I went for it plus cloth dash instead of the plane white/sliver

#15 ·
sandgrounder said:
This is not quite true. My new Arona FR still uses a key. Not sure about other trims though, just the FR.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.