Park Assist!

All Seat Arona related discussions
LynnSM

Park Assist!

Post by LynnSM » Sun May 26, 2019 8:42 pm

Just interested to know what people think of Park Assist? Does it work well?
I am still waiting for my new Arona to arrive, so not tried it yet!
Arona Desire Red/Midnight Black roof 1ltr TSI 115PS Xcellence lux DSG.

BenC

Re: Park Assist!

Post by BenC » Sun May 26, 2019 9:42 pm

It works fine. I’ve used mine many, many times.

The trick is to trust it, it will get very close to other vehicles while manoeuvring, closer than I ever would, even to the point where you think it’s going to hit them.

A lot of people hit the brakes or grab the steering wheel in a panic, but there’s no need, it will always keep a safe distance and tell you to brake if needed.

To be honest, it’s probably making me lazy. But much like DSG and ACC, why would you do something yourself when the car can do it for you.

That being said, once or twice it has got the space type wrong and has tried to bay park in a parallel space. It’s always a good idea to look at the screen and make sure it has detected the correct type.

Overall, a good system though.

Hope this helps.
2019 (19) Arona Xcellence Lux 1.0L 115PS Petrol DSG - Eclipse Orange with Grey Roof.

LynnSM

Post by LynnSM » Mon May 27, 2019 6:16 pm

BenC Thank you for the info. So does the car brake automatically when it gets close to other cars when parking so there is no chance of hitting the other vehicle or do you have to brake when you think you are too close?
My husband had a VW Tiguan 60 plate & although it had park assist it didn’t brake, you just had to judge it.

BenC

Post by BenC » Mon May 27, 2019 7:46 pm

LynnSM wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 6:16 pm
BenC Thank you for the info. So does the car brake automatically when it gets close to other cars when parking so there is no chance of hitting the other vehicle or do you have to brake when you think you are too close?
My husband had a VW Tiguan 60 plate & although it had park assist it didn’t brake, you just had to judge it.
You control the pedals including the braking, but it will tell you when to stop and when to go. There is no need to stop until it tells you to do so (it will maintain a safe distance).

There is also plenty of visual and audio feedback from the many sensors on the Xcellence Lux. You will get plenty of warning before you hit something.

I really don’t think you will have any problems. :)
2019 (19) Arona Xcellence Lux 1.0L 115PS Petrol DSG - Eclipse Orange with Grey Roof.

LynnSM

Post by LynnSM » Mon May 27, 2019 8:13 pm

Thanks BenC I look forward to trying it out....when my Arona eventually arrives😄

pladecalvo

Post by pladecalvo » Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:06 am

Does Park Assist work for forward parking or only reverse?

BigFatPaulie

Post by BigFatPaulie » Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:29 pm

pladecalvo wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:06 am
Does Park Assist work for forward parking or only reverse?
Both... it can reverse parallel park, back into a clear bay AND park forwards into an empty bay... it will even unpark you !
Its a bit weird at first watching the steering wheel spin, but have faith... it does work ! Having said that, I hardly use mine...prefer to "keep my hand in"
Be aware that it uses other cars as reference points, it cannot park in a space without a car next to you - i kerbed mine first day assuming it could see the kerb - it cant :oops:
........M M M M My shARONA
Seat Arona Xcellance Lux 1.6 oil burner DSG

pladecalvo

Post by pladecalvo » Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:29 am

Yes. I hit the kerb too.

pladecalvo

Post by pladecalvo » Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:31 am

How do you quote someone's post here please.

BigFatPaulie

Post by BigFatPaulie » Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:26 pm

Tried to upload an image...but getting nowhere !
If you look at the post you want to quote, top/right...next to 2 red icons - theres a speech mark (")
Just click that !
........M M M M My shARONA
Seat Arona Xcellance Lux 1.6 oil burner DSG