Tiredness monitor and full lock issues!!

All Seat Arona related discussions
jaukiskhan

Tiredness monitor and full lock issues!!

Post by jaukiskhan » Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:52 pm

Loving my new arona - I personally think it’s the best car I’ve ever had! But I’ve had a couple of problems that I’m hoping some of you guys might be able to help with?

The first of these is the tiredness monitor. After reading the manual it says their is an option for this in the settings to turn it on and off, but I don’t seem to have that option? So not sure how to know if it’s working or not!

The second thing which is perhaps more annoying is that turning the wheel any more than 180 degrees in either direction at low speed generates a sort of friction/rubbing noise from the front wheels? As my car is only 3 weeks old and has been doing it since I’ve had it I’m wondering if it’s normal?

Hope you guys can help me out here.

Cheers 👍🏻

Snowdaddy

Re: Tiredness monitor and full lock issues!!

Post by Snowdaddy » Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:31 pm

When very new my car tyres were bit squeaky on painted floors in multi storey car parks, but soon wore off, presumably was the stuff to make it slip out of tyre mould until that scrubbed off tyre.

Wouldn’t call it rubbing noise though.
My steering wheel makes no noise being turned

Never good idea to hold the steering wheel against the end stops as it stresses the power steering, just ease wheel back a bit, it won’t turn any sharper holding it at max turn.

Re tiredness monitor, on infotainment, go into car (symbol of end of car), then click on settings. Will bring up long list (scroll bar on right as list too long to display). If car is new just sit there and click through them all choosing what you like, then click return, then click into next one, repeating until you get to end of list. List will vary depending on spec you have. Mine came with some barmy settings like collision radar turned off. Was also delivered with passenger airbag off.
Arona Xcelence Lux 115 tsi DSG monsoon grey with orange roof, leather and alcantara interior. Also have a Skoda Roomster.

lovelash

Post by lovelash » Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:24 pm

jaukiskhan wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:52 pm
Loving my new arona - I personally think it’s the best car I’ve ever had! But I’ve had a couple of problems that I’m hoping some of you guys might be able to help with?

The first of these is the tiredness monitor. After reading the manual it says their is an option for this in the settings to turn it on and off, but I don’t seem to have that option? So not sure how to know if it’s working or not!

The second thing which is perhaps more annoying is that turning the wheel any more than 180 degrees in either direction at low speed generates a sort of friction/rubbing noise from the front wheels? As my car is only 3 weeks old and has been doing it since I’ve had it I’m wondering if it’s normal?

Hope you guys can help me out here.

Cheers 👍🏻
I had the rubbing noise on hard left lock as well, but have not had the need to use full lock subsequently, so not had a chance to investigate it further. In my youth, when I had a Mini, I would have said it was the front wheel drive bearings (sorry, I am sure there is a more precise term) but it seems unlikely in a new vehicle. Hopefully others will give an answer.
I've also had the tiredness monitor come on a few times, especially once I've been driving for over a couple of hours. No real reason for it as far as I can see. As a way to pass time on the journey, I now see if I can provoke the warning light to come on, by a little lane drifting, sloppy braking etc. (Only when totally safe to do so Officer!)

craig3636

Post by craig3636 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:10 pm

I'm having the exact same noise on full lock, you don't even need to be fully on lock, the car has just over 700 miles on it and I noticed it the other day turning right to park on the drive, it's very noticeable, I'm booked in next week to investigate at the dealers.
2019 arona fr sport dsg desire red midnight black roof.

velvety

Post by velvety » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:10 am

It's a kwown issue in Seat. It occurs because rubber parts of the steering joint comes to contact when fully steering, specially in high humidity days
Arona 1.0 TSI 95 cv Style

johnjo65$

Post by johnjo65$ » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:17 pm

What did the dealer do to resolve the full lock issue. I have the same problem especially when driving in rain and wet roads. My dealer suggested taking car in for a week to soak and test and advised never heard of this before. Seat Arona 1.5 FR

Return to “Main Seat Arona chat”