Seat Arona Forum banner

Steering lock on Excellence Lux

4K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  jem16 
#1 ·
I know with the Keyless entry, once you open the driver's door everything is supposed to be ready for you just to press the Start button.

How do you activate the steering wheel lock though? Normally with ignition keys, you took out the key and turned the wheel slightly to engage the steering lock. I can't figure out how to do this after I press the Start/Stop button to stop the engine.

#2 ·
If you press the stop/start button without depressing the clutch this will turn the ignition on without starting the engine.
Edit: Misread the post, if you want to put the steering lock on I would assume it just comes on when you turn the engine off the same as if you were to remove the key in a conventional keyed ignition. I'm not near the car now to try it.

#3 ·
Marc said:
if you want to put the steering lock on I would assume it just comes on when you turn the engine off the same as if you were to remove the key in a conventional keyed ignition. I'm not near the car now to try it.
It doesn't appear to come on once you turn off the engine which is why I'm asking. So I'm either doing something stupid or comes on after car is locked. When you get a chance to try, I'd be grateful if you could let me know please.

#4 ·
Just tried it and works as follows:

Press the button to stop the engine, radio stays on, car information comes on the driver display (assuming you have the digital cockpit) and the steering wheel is unlocked.

Then open the door as if to leave the car the radio goes off, driver display goes off and the steering lock comes on.

It's as if pressing the button is the same as turning the key to the off position and then opening the door is the same as removing the key.

#5 ·
Marc said:
Then open the door as if to leave the car the radio goes off, driver display goes off and the steering lock comes on.

It's as if pressing the button is the same as turning the key to the off position and then opening the door is the same as removing the key.
Thanks - this works. I told you it was me doing something stupid as I never tried that!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.