Car in transit?

All Seat Arona related discussions
Toroidalsquash

Car in transit?

Post by Toroidalsquash » Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:46 pm

My Arona was built week 32, but all I’ve got from my dealer since then is them saying it’s “in transit”
Anybody else had one built the same week as mine or have any idea what ships they use so I could at least attempt to track it?

theforestdweller

Re: Car in transit?

Post by theforestdweller » Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:05 pm

Call SEAT Customer Service quoting the SEAT order reference, NOT any dealer reference. They will give you an accurate update as they have for me in the past and many others.
Arona FR Sport 1.0 115ps - Arrived 05.03.2019

When the experts are agreed, the opposite opinion cannot be held to be certain (Bertrand Russell)

Snowdaddy

Post by Snowdaddy » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:39 pm

Pegasus Ace is most common ship (currently at Tyne, but seems to have been there fortnight so probably undergoing maintenance

Aquarius Ace sometimes, but not sure which other ships, hopefully someone had a recent delivery so can suggest a ship, some dealers seem to know this info, or maybe they do their own sleuthing knowing departure date from Barcelona

more in this tread

https://www.aronaforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=663
Arona Xcelence Lux 115 tsi DSG monsoon grey with orange roof, leather and alcantara interior. Also have a Skoda Roomster.

buzzted

Post by buzzted » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:58 am

Mine was built week 33, in fact had an email to say it left the factory on 13th August yet all I can get from the dealership is that it's in transit.

I was hoping to have it by the end of next week but that's looking increasingly unlikely.

If you manage to find out anymore info (ship name, expected docking date etc.) i'd love to know!

Toroidalsquash

Post by Toroidalsquash » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:08 am

Rang Seat a few hours ago, they said all it shows is in transit to them and that expected delivery is week 36/37

Snowdaddy

Post by Snowdaddy » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:08 pm

Comet Ace has just left Barcelona, bound for Setubal, possibly will continue to Sheerness
Arona Xcelence Lux 115 tsi DSG monsoon grey with orange roof, leather and alcantara interior. Also have a Skoda Roomster.

Toroidalsquash

Post by Toroidalsquash » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:16 pm

Sounds most likely, also slightly annoying that I live on the isle of Sheppey but the car has to be transported to Maidstone for me to collect 😂

buzzted

Post by buzzted » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:36 am

I'm down in Bristol so looks very unlikely I shall be getting it next week at this rate.

Dealership seemed to say that as soon as it's in the UK they've asked for it to come to them straight away (think he used the term "we've called it off"

Probably just a ploy to make me feel happier!

Toroidalsquash

Post by Toroidalsquash » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:58 am

Sounds like our Aronas are on the same ship! So you’re probably looking at a similar delivery date to me.

Ditch

Post by Ditch » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:49 am

Hi, Excellence Lux Auto was ordered on 13th June. I am now told it is sat at the port in Barcelona. From when the ship sets sale its 7 days, then a 7 to 12 day release and ship to dealership. I am expecting late September so it will have been approx 15 weeks from order.
In the meantime my part ex fell in for service and the brakes are due for changing. I contacted the dealership and told them I wouldn’t be doing either due to the excessive delivery time. They agreed. My car will have missed its service interval by 2 months when exchanged.

Return to “Main Seat Arona chat”