Re: Car in transit?

Post by Toroidalsquash » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:56 pm

Snowdaddy wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:15 pm
Toroidalsquash wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:25 pm
buzzted wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:33 am
Just done so. Worse news possible. Wasn't on that boat.

I've escalated it to management as I fail to see how the car can leave the factory on 13th Aug yet not be on a boat by the 25th!

Now being told I won't get it until very late september / early oct as it won't be leaving Barcelona until Sun 22nd September.

I'm literally fuming.
Considering both our cars were made the same week I don’t see how they left yours behind? Considering Pegasus ace has just left Barcelona as well.
I’d be so mad
If it has missed 2 ships, and you are escalating, can I suggest you ask some pertinent questions regarding the delay, such as was it faulty, or has it been accidentally damaged. Might have been a problem on train to docks or whilst loading or unloading. If so might be swapped with later build or gone for rectification.

Doesn’t seem logical to have missed 2 ships
I’d definitely be asking questions, because something doesn’t seem quite right with the delay

Ditch

Post by Ditch » Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:44 am

Apparently mine is on Comet Ace which is due to dock Grimsby today. It can then be absoluete best 4 days worst 2 weeks

Toroidalsquash

Post by Toroidalsquash » Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:02 pm

Ditch wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:44 am
Apparently mine is on Comet Ace which is due to dock Grimsby today. It can then be absoluete best 4 days worst 2 weeks
I spoke to my dealer and they’ve said it takes around a week for a transporter to take it to the dealership, but I’m hoping for sooner!

Snowdaddy

Post by Snowdaddy » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:12 pm

For those who are interested there is a short video on this link, some factory production scenes, and with cars being loaded on Comet Ace

https://www.seat-mediacenter.com/newspage/allnews/company/2019/SEAT-sales-also-grew-in-August-and-post-an-increase-of-more-than-7-percent-in-2019.html
Arona Xcelence Lux 115 tsi DSG monsoon grey with orange roof, leather and alcantara interior. Also have a Skoda Roomster.

Toroidalsquash

Post by Toroidalsquash » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:55 pm

Pick up my car tomorrow, my dealer sent me a video of it, complete with the winter pack!

Ditch

Post by Ditch » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:49 pm

My car arrived in Grimsby last week 4th Sept. I was told by my dealer between 7 to 10 days for shipment to dealer. Today I called Seat who told me that it would be transported from Grimsby on Friday 20th. My dealer then needs 2 days to turn it around. So it will be the 24th before I can pick up. Almost 3 weeks from docking in the UK. There is no doubt that I would have walked away knowing that it would be so long to receive the car. In the days of Lean manufacturing Seat are a joke. I worked as an Operations Manager for a. Tier 1 brake supplier for 40 years until retiring in May this year. We had less than a week to produce and deliver the breaks (MQB) for this vehicle.

Toroidalsquash

Post by Toroidalsquash » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:54 pm

Ditch wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:49 pm
My car arrived in Grimsby last week 4th Sept. I was told by my dealer between 7 to 10 days for shipment to dealer. Today I called Seat who told me that it would be transported from Grimsby on Friday 20th. My dealer then needs 2 days to turn it around. So it will be the 24th before I can pick up. Almost 3 weeks from docking in the UK. There is no doubt that I would have walked away knowing that it would be so long to receive the car. In the days of Lean manufacturing Seat are a joke. I worked as an Operations Manager for a. Tier 1 brake supplier for 40 years until retiring in May this year. We had less than a week to produce and deliver the breaks (MQB) for this vehicle.
I got lucky that it arrived at the dealers the day after shipment, I took delivery of mine today and I can honestly say it’ll be worth the wait

Ditch

Post by Ditch » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:59 pm

Ok thanks. I’ll keep waiting patiently

Ditch

Post by Ditch » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:27 am

So bizarrely after Seat Customer Service telling me that my car would not be transferred from the dock until the 20th it has arrived at the dealership today ! Not sure that one hand knows what the other is doing !

Toroidalsquash

Post by Toroidalsquash » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:19 am

Ditch wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:27 am
So bizarrely after Seat Customer Service telling me that my car would not be transferred from the dock until the 20th it has arrived at the dealership today ! Not sure that one hand knows what the other is doing !
I’m pretty sure the transport company they contract get a certain amount of time to move all cars from the shipment to the dealers, so it’s pure pot luck as to when it arrives

Return to “Main Seat Arona chat”