Arona Finance offers

The place to discuss everything else..
Snowdaddy

Arona Finance offers

Post by Snowdaddy » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:48 pm

Looks like Seat UK has revised finance from 1st July (and small print says to 8th July)

https://www.seat.co.uk/offers/new-cars/arona.html

£1500 deposit contribution, plus £500 extra for taking test drive,
2 services (oil inspection and major service) included
But a hefty 6.8% APR

Even the 2 example offers show how poor this new Quarter offer is :
SE Tech list price £17,575 Payable under offer £18,846
FR list price £19,910 Payable under offer £21,391

Am I missing something here, in Jan-March offering interest free, now seem to be paying hefty premium to take up the finance

For those who don’t know, If you take the finance, then can pay it off about a week later, with just a token bit of interest. VW finance allow you to fully repay with no early repayment if you do it within 13 days (there is a 14 day cooling off period). If you miss this will have to pay any contractual early repayment fee.

Basically have to wait at least one clear banking day (not weekend) then phone up to repay. You keep any discounts or items added to finance offer eg servicing. Not openly advertised as don’t want everyone doing it, but simple and easy. Don’t tell dealer you intend to repay promptly, that stays between you and VW finance.
Arona Xcelence Lux 115 tsi DSG monsoon grey with orange roof, leather and alcantara interior. Also have a Skoda Roomster.

Goldfish

Re: Arona Finance offers

Post by Goldfish » Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:27 am

I order my Arona in May and 6.8% finance offer was already in place. As well as the £1,500 deposit contribution and the extra £500 test drive discount, I negotiated an additional £1,000 discount which helped to offset the APR rate. The PCP deals were better than any other car manufacturer, to SEAT got my signature. My dealer was chosen from the CARWOW website. That helped me understand the level of discount available to a new car buyer.
SEAT Arona SE Technology DSG. Desire red with black roof & spare wheel

Snowdaddy

Re: Arona Finance offers

Post by Snowdaddy » Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:16 pm

The offers until 8 July is probably because there are rumours a new price list will be available this weekend covering MY20 (model year) and adjusted for the Pound vs Euro move (ie Brits will pay more) as pound is now weak due to Brexit killing the economy.

Anyone dithering might like to try to get a written offer price they can hold till next week, just in case price jumps.
Arona Xcelence Lux 115 tsi DSG monsoon grey with orange roof, leather and alcantara interior. Also have a Skoda Roomster.

Return to “Off-Topic Chat”