Canceled Orders Forum

The place to discuss everything else..
Brian566

Canceled Orders Forum

Post by Brian566 » Wed May 02, 2018 9:24 pm

The situation seems to be getting worse on this forum we seem to be losing more members than we are adding .
And sadly the ones we are losing would have been very active and helpful members
I count at least seven now :!:
Arona FR TSI 115 Magnetic Grey[ Black Roof

wotrulike

Re: Canceled Orders Forum

Post by wotrulike » Wed May 02, 2018 9:46 pm

Can't say I blame them, they have been let down!
Seat Arona Excellence Lux. TSI DSG-Auto 115PS Monsoon Grey. should be delivered May 6th, CANCELLED, it never turned up :roll:

Maziac

Post by Maziac » Thu May 03, 2018 5:41 am

Whilst it's a shame that we are losing so many members, we mustn't forget that the forum is a place for information sharing on the specific subject of the Arona. I have picked up so much useful information from everyone that I wouldn't normally have had when going into owning this new car.

We should continue to share our experiences and information because it helps all of us. It doesn't matter whether we think that some members are more 'active' than others, we all have something to contribute, even if it's just a photo of our new car.

Please let's not stop posting stuff on the forum!

Baggy

Post by Baggy » Thu May 03, 2018 8:11 am

It’s sad people have been let down but that’s down to Seat UK not anticipating or being prepared for such high volume of orders.
I ordered mine just before it was announced by What Car being their fave which impacted on orders dramatically in such a short space of time.
So I was lucky and got mine within 13 weeks and I’m very happy with it .. BUT I wouldn’t like it if I had to wait longer and my spec I thought I was getting was changed , I don’t blame people for cancelling as I might have done the same ..
I have to say tho I love my Arona and am very happy with it and the great customer service I got from my seat dealer in York

wotrulike

Post by wotrulike » Thu May 03, 2018 8:14 am

Yes Maziac I totally agree, this Seat Arona forum has to be one of the best new car forums I've been on by far!!!! it's Seat and some of the Seat dealers that have spoiled the experience of picking up a brand new car! I've learned so much about the Arona on here,far more than my dealer told me about the car anyway. 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟to all the admins
Seat Arona Excellence Lux. TSI DSG-Auto 115PS Monsoon Grey. should be delivered May 6th, CANCELLED, it never turned up :roll:

Snowdaddy

Post by Snowdaddy » Thu May 03, 2018 8:31 am

It is unfortunate that so many members have been let down.
The long delivery times were poorly managed by dealers, it appears no one was told 6 or 7 months at enquiry stage.

The problems don't appear to be the SE and SE tech specs, where there appears to be stocks of cars, but at the top end

Reading between the lines it appears demand was completely underestimated overall, but overestimated for SE tech spec (especially in manual form).
The result was that by early April the 10-13 week lead time had jumped for some variants to extra 12-15 weeks. And the DSG and 1.5 had also joined the extra 12-15 weeks.

Clearly 6 month lead times was bad enough, but when the factory realised it couldn't even fulfil the orders it had taken (due to failing to order enough parts) and decided to change the spec it became a crisis.

Of those who have cancelled, the wait put them off. And spec change was final nail in coffin. It didn't help that the retain order until Q4 when supplies of parts have been sorted option didn't come out until week later, by which time there was lot of bad feeling. Somewhere the Crisis was poorly managed (and abysmally communicated)

I am lucky, I discovered that I can have upto 6 months extra on my current PCH so happy to wait, but I feel Seat missed a trick by not offering a short term solution to those who couldn't wait until their order (to original spec) could be delivered. The we don't care if you are without a car for few months approach was poorly thought out, and really the MD of Seat UK should fall on his sword for this.
Arona Xcelence Lux 115 tsi DSG monsoon grey with orange roof, leather and alcantara interior. Also have a Skoda Roomster.

johntee

Post by johntee » Thu May 03, 2018 1:13 pm

Senior Management must be held to task on this manner as they appear to have done anything to alleviate the situation. Basil Faulty and Manuel gave better service, wonder if they have joined the senior management team SEAT

wotrulike

Post by wotrulike » Thu May 03, 2018 2:56 pm

When I ordered on February 6th I was told the build was 12 weeks and delivery on May 6th 🤷🏼‍♂️

ps I've still not heard anything from my dealer!!!!

carryonvending

Post by carryonvending » Fri May 04, 2018 1:00 pm

Well, I've had enough too. Four weeks late already, and hasn't been built yet. So and least another four to five weeks if its built next week.

So, maybe I will go for a T-Roc (some are available) or the Hyundai Kona - Both have similar specs :roll: :roll: :roll:

I'll know more later today.
Seat Arona 1.5 FR Sport in Midnight Black (Totally).

carryonvending

Post by carryonvending » Sun May 06, 2018 7:51 am

Please read my post on the Re: Thnx Everyone but its time to say Goodbye - Topic
Seat Arona 1.5 FR Sport in Midnight Black (Totally).

Return to “Off-Topic Chat”