Seat Arona Forum banner

Waiting time for new order?

307K views 706 replies 131 participants last post by  Ditch 
#1 ·
I ordered an Arona Excellence Lux on 3rd January and I've still not got any date for build, etc.

Never ordered Seat before so don't know if this is normal for them as a company, but it seems quite a long time to wait to get any idea of a rough delivery time?

Anybody else got dates for orders?

#206 ·
I ordered my seat arona 1.5 evo FR sport in red with black roof on the 19.03.18 at stoneacre Doncaster and was told 14/16 weeks. Phoned them 2 weeks ago after seeing all the posts on here and started to worry. They informed me it was at a UK port and hopefully would be looking at the end of June for delivery. Emailed us today to tell us it's in transit and will phone us as soon as it comes in so looks like I'm one of the lucky ones. I'll confirm the date I pick it up.

#213 ·
Final update on what I should have done months ago
After canceling the Lux I could not be happier here is a heads up for those who may need/want to follow suit
I have now just ordered a 2lt petrol BMW Active Tourer Sport automatic AP is reduced by £500 so £500 AP left to pay on collection of the car.

( Any AP less than £500 will result in a zero AP )

Free metalic / colour choice /Sat Nav

This £500 off offer applies across the whole BMW mobility range so if for example your chosen car is a Active tourer auto 218i the AP would now be £249 and not £749

This offer runs to end of June and was found at BMW SNOWS PORTSMOUTH ask for Kelly Hare sales Executive and please mention that Mr PETER P ( me) told you of this offer. ( she is expecting calls)

Not sure if this is nationwide. ( worth asking a dealer to match)

02392 657500 PO3 5FF

#214 ·
Hi Catchcold2 I cancelled EX LUX and ordered a BMW active tourer Auto 2lt petrol, but didn't get same deal! but sill happy, I did get to chose free alloy wheels though!

#215 ·
Snowdaddy said:
Been doing a bit of digging and it appears latest for newly ordered models, not in stock is

Time from order placed to factory accepting it : should be hours-few days, but few weeks not unknown

Once factory accepts the order then timescale is :
Arona Diesel 10-12 weeks
Arona petrol 16-18 weeks

Additionally
Arona 115 tsi DSG models add extra 14 weeks
Arona FR sport add extra 14 weeks (+14 extra, not +28 if DSG) *
Arona Xcellence Lux (with alcantara) earliest is October *
Arona Xcellence Lux (temporary cloth seats + Beats spec) no additional, but can request delay to Q4 to get alcantara

* alcantara / leather seat models are delayed until Q4 (Oct-Dec), if not already built (X Lux since 20 April)
Update 4 weeks on.
There has been a catch up on petrol Arona, both petrol and diesel now 10-12 weeks (from when factory accepts order)

Still the extra 14 weeks for petrol DSG and all FR Sport models

Unconfirmed rumours that orders will now only be taken for MY19 cars (model year 2019), and Skoda UK have added note on their configurator, SEAT likely to same soon.

Don't know any more, dealer could do with bit of verbal diarrhoea regarding updates

#216 ·
Cottonlane said:
Valleyboy said:
Hooray!...… I have a build date of week 26 for my Arona 1.5 fr sport
I've been given week 25 since Jan, You can't be-leave a word they say? :oops:
Ordered mine at the end of March, they phoned me a month or so ago to give me my build date ( week 26 as well ) , I gave them a right mouthful, which is unlike me, but I can't understand why it took so long to tell me when my car is being built.

#217 ·
I have been waiting since last week of January for my mobility seat arona lux 1L. Was expecting April. Just 1 call to say I will get £250 compensation. Am struggling with son. Scared to cancel as what if I have to wait more than 3 months for another car. Dealer has no info on build day yet. Rang head office, said would get back to me.... Nothing.

#218 ·
Been told my lux auto which was ordered week 8 will not be built till Jan
Yes the original 10/12 weeks have now turned into 44 weeks (at least)
I suggest canceling asap as I just have and get away from what can only be described as a circus full of clowns.
BMW has a 12-week delivery and £500 off mobility AP till the end of June

G
#223 ·
And then it needs to be prepped for you. Protective films removed, panels checked, interior trim checked, mechanical checks, fluids checked, number plates fitted, short test drive....

Probably only a couple of hours work, but if they've got a lot to do then you'll have to wait...

#226 ·
BLouise said:
I ordered my Arona in April and just got off the phone with Seat Customer services - they said that the factory has not accepted the order and an 'estimated' delivery date is not January 2019 at the earliest!!

I feel like cancelling tbh!
Trying to get my head around this, Customer Service (questionable name, based on apparent lack of service) simply said 2 negatives without elaborating. that's shameful.

Are you saying they did not advise why 2 months on, order is not accepted, but effectively just a waitlist.
And if estimated delivery month is wrong, how wrong, what is their estimate (if they didn't revise it, how do they know it is wrong).

You must be more confused than before the call.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.