Seat Arona Forum banner

Waiting time for new order?

307K views 706 replies 131 participants last post by  Ditch 
#1 ·
I ordered an Arona Excellence Lux on 3rd January and I've still not got any date for build, etc.

Never ordered Seat before so don't know if this is normal for them as a company, but it seems quite a long time to wait to get any idea of a rough delivery time?

Anybody else got dates for orders?

#252 ·
Snowdaddy said:
Shazziek said:
I agree with Ship05 that £250 doesn't compensate for the inconvenience and long wait time on the orders.

I'm lucky that due to having to hand back my old car they have had no choice but to give me a replacement car to drive until my car is built, but others haven't been so lucky.

I think at the very least they should be offering 3 years free servicing plus the £250 goodwill gesture.

I'm pretty sure that if Richard Harrison was experiencing this level of customer service he'd be expecting a damn sight more than the measly amount Seat are offering.
The other thing is the executive office waits for you to chase them, they are not proactive

My advice and you can take it or leave it is to
take the £250 and cancel asap ( as I have) unless you want to be mugged off with feeble excuses over and over again.

surely it is not that difficult to sort the waiting list by delay time and contact those whose delivery are/will be beyond say 5 months.

The Martorell factory is soon to be altered to build the revised Audi A1 on production line 3 (to be launched soon in Barcelona), let's hope it doesn't sell too well and they can use spare line capacity to increase Arona production

#253 ·
Ordered my SEAT Arona Xcellence Lux on the 26 March and was warned there was a long wait. Never heard from the dealership so in the middle of May called them as I heard the rumours of the spec change. I was told the car wasn't due to the spec change and was being built in week 21, so very excited to know I should receive the car 4 weeks later. Which meant this week. However the car has now been stuck at the UK port for 3 weeks. Finally been told today that there is an error with the price of the car and matching the price to their system, as the order was placed in a different quarter so unable to get the car delivered until this is resolved. Correct me if I am wrong, but everyone who is ordering a brand new car is having to wait around 3 months, therefore the list price may change, so how are they getting their cars? Also people are always getting deals. So I am very confused by this excuse.

One of the reasons I hadn't heard from the dealer is they had entered my email address and telephone number incorrectly on their system. Once is human error the second is incompetence. Just think the whole thing is a fiasco and am being given the run around.

#254 ·
Ordered mine 10th may built on Monday and in transit to UK. So let's see if my seat dealer is telling the truth and it will be with them in 2 weeks.
Just been told it's at the garage but as it is a motability car I can not pick it up till the 10th of August. Wot a pain.
Lux in red and grey roof

#256 ·
So my partner ordered her Arona on the 18th March to be told we should have this around 10-12 weeks. This Sunday will be 14 weeks with only 3 updates since we had ordered off the dealer (which I may add I rang them for the update).
Dealer had no updates and didn't even know how long a delay it would be, so I had the factory order number off him and contacted Seat UK directly.
Had a manager there dealing with the case and she has been very good.. got a few more answers than we have had from the dealership.
So we have ordered and FR Sport 115 DSG in Nevada white with black roof. They don't know when it's going to be built but apperently the FR sports are now also not being made until Quarter 4 if it hasn't already got a build date!!! P'd off as this means at the very minimum will be another 3 months until the car will be ready.
This will make it a 'MY19' which I have asked if there is any spec changes between the 18 and 19 which there apperently is not.
Have asked about compensation and have been informed they will offer a 'goodwill gesture' but can't do this until the car has been built as the goodwill gesture all depends on how long the car is delayed. Not so sure about this answer?

Out of all the manufacturers we bought new cars from, I have to say seat have been the worst and this is our purchase of a seat. Needless to say the car is very well equipped, nice drive and priced well so it isworth waiting for.

#257 ·
SaraLP said:
Ordered my SEAT Arona Xcellence Lux on the 26 March and was warned there was a long wait. Never heard from the dealership so in the middle of May called them as I heard the rumours of the spec change. I was told the car wasn't due to the spec change and was being built in week 21, so very excited to know I should receive the car 4 weeks later. Which meant this week. However the car has now been stuck at the UK port for 3 weeks. Finally been told today that there is an error with the price of the car and matching the price to their system, as the order was placed in a different quarter so unable to get the car delivered until this is resolved. Correct me if I am wrong, but everyone who is ordering a brand new car is having to wait around 3 months, therefore the list price may change, so how are they getting their cars? Also people are always getting deals. So I am very confused by this excuse.

One of the reasons I hadn't heard from the dealer is they had entered my email address and telephone number incorrectly on their system. Once is human error the second is incompetence. Just think the whole thing is a fiasco and am being given the run around.
That's a completely new excuse, the price is fixed between you and the dealer, and is irrelevant of what the list price was (or now is).

Either the dealer is not being truthful, and car is not yet at UK dockside, or there is something else. Delivery is normally as soon as they can fill a transporter to the dealership (or part delivery with other cars going to another dealer in the area). Normally can expect 5-15 days at docks depending on transporter schedules.

#259 ·
This will make it a 'MY19' which I have asked if there is any spec changes between the 18 and 19 which there apperently is not.
Just dropped in here from the SEATCupra.net forum. I thought you may be interested to know that according to MY19 info from SEAT posted by a member over there, the MY19 Arona FR Sport will also be fitted with the digital dash. Might be an idea to check with your dealer who should have the info (although SEAT customer Service should really know this too....!) Ask them about MY19 Easy Offer, which is a streamlining of the way all SEATs are marketed with pretty much fixed trim levels and few if any options, much like the Arona is now.
And to be fair to SEAT, in terms of extended lead times, they aren't the only manufacturer who is struggling to meet the demands of WLTP

#260 ·
Stock vehicle waiting at the docks so three weeks. Once this WLTP business is out of the way and the reduction in options more stocks cars will be floating about. Stock shortages started with the drop in diesel demand and increase iin demand for SEAT's then WLTP has just made the situation worse. With engines removed from order whilst they are tweaked to meet Euro 6.2 and all available options/variations of a model have to be tested.

#262 ·
Ordered our Arona Wk10 and was told delivery end of May. Since then very little has changed! The communications from the dealer have been patchy, I suspect because they know as much as I do about what's going on.
Last week I spoke to our salesman who told me that Seat Customer care would be contacting me. Today I gave in and phoned them. They now claim that I was given an incorect delivery time and therfore my car is not late yet and delivery should be week 28, however there is still no build date and they are unable to give any indication of when I might see the car. September/October was mentioned!
They are offering £200 cash OR £250 Seat credit OR a free service.
Frankly I'm not impressed.
This seems to be a familiar story.

#263 ·
We have also just been offered the £200 or £250 seat accessories/ service. Think we are going to push for them to fit an armrest aswell as dog guard which is over £250.
Don't think it's much especially if it's looking to be a 8 month wait in total.

Got confirmation that it is going to be a MY19 build which includes digital dash display so that should be nice. Also got confirmation that MY19 models are being built from July onwards for anyone else who hasn't had a build date.

We have been told for our car (FR sport 1.0 DSG) is looking to be an estimated delivery of November latest but could be earlier. Hope this helps anyone in the same boat.

#264 ·
Has been reported elsewhere that the factories take summer breaks, dates vary by country but the Martorell plant is shutting weeks 32-34 (roughly 6-26 Aug)

Seat is expected to open model year 2019 (MY19) for orders middle of July (except 1.5 engine which is about November). There will be some spec changes such as the virtual (digital) dashboard on FR sport, and Xcelence Lux. Both of these also change to black micro-suede upholstery

#267 ·
catchacold2 said:
Final update on what I should have done months ago
After canceling the Lux I could not be happier here is a heads up for those who may need/want to follow suit
I have now just ordered a 2lt petrol BMW Active Tourer Sport automatic AP is reduced by £500 so £500 AP left to pay on collection of the car.

( Any AP less than £500 will result in a zero AP )

Free metalic / colour choice /Sat Nav

This £500 off offer applies across the whole BMW mobility range so if for example your chosen car is a Active tourer auto 218i the AP would now be £249 and not £749

This offer runs to end of June and was found at BMW SNOWS PORTSMOUTH ask for Kelly Hare sales Executive and please mention that Mr PETER P ( me) told you of this offer. ( she is expecting calls)

Not sure if this is nationwide. ( worth asking a dealer to match)

02392 657500 PO3 5FF
Thank you so much for this tip. I had such a nightmare with SEAT messing me around and my Arona Xcellence Lux sitting at an English port for FOUR weeks, and it is still there, did it ever really exist I wonder!?!? I gave up and cancelled my order. Took your advice and called Kelly Hare and have chosen a BMW X1 which I am picking up this afternoon. Could not be happier.

The deal was exclusive to Snows at Portsmouth, I asked other dealers that are closer to me and they could not match Snow's offer.

Thanks again :D :cool:

#270 ·
So I have phoned again today. Apparently looking at a September build week (ordered week 7) due to closure of the factory for 3 weeks in August.
Spoke to her about the digital dash and black micro suede seats and my FR Sport WILL come with these features as built after July 2018.
Fingers crossed she is right about September build week :roll: Hurry up Arona !!!

#271 ·
Having cancelled my week 8 order 4 weeks ago because of the constant excuses/delays/lack of info it came as no surprise to yet again receive the weekly stock @ update today. ( could not make this up lol)

{Further to your enquiry regarding your vehicle order. ( I DID NOT ENQUIRE) Please accept my apologies for the delay in my response.

Having checked the status of your order, I can advise that unfortunately it is still not yet been assigned a build week. I appreciate this may not be the update you were hoping for. However, at this time I have no further details and I am currently awaiting a response from SEAT in order to update you further.

As soon as I have received this, I will be in contact with you.

If you would like contact to me in the meantime, please do so on the details below.

Kind regards

#272 ·
Here's the situation .my FR Sport 1.5 has finally been built. Apparently it's sitting on a Spanish dockside waiting transportation to the Uk - likely to arrive in mid August ! I'm not happy. Had agreed with the dealer that would collect in mid September after my holiday to France to which I have now hired a car for 2 weeks. After agreeing this with the dealer I get a call saying the car must be registered in August as an 18 plate. I'm not happy about this and say we had an agreement. The dealer offers to pay my cancellation costs on the hire car. Says will confirm in an email which I'm still waiting for. I'm not cancelling hire car until it's confirmed in writing,
Seat Uk ch if execs office say no further goodwill other than £250 when I pick up the car
It's a new car launched after WLTP so why can't it be registered in September?
Anybody any ideas how I can solve the issues?

#273 ·
Well will you believe this.
Ordered my Seat Arona FR sport 1.5 evo tsi 19th March. Was told 14/16 weeks this is week 17 and was contacted Tuesday to tell me by car was ready for collection. I arranged for pick up this Saturday morning. They then sent me a pdf of the vehicle registration for me to sign and scan back ready for Saturday.
Whilst I was checking my details I noticed the vehicle description said Seat Arona FR 1.5 evo tsi.
After reading it numerous times it then had me wondering if it was a typo or have they ordered the wrong model?
I emailed back to the dealers that until they confirmed the model I wasn't signing the vehicle registration.
They phoned me this morning with a load of excuses that the car that had actually been delivered wasn't mine and that Seat at Barcelona it labelled up the cars chasis with the wrong names and they should have checked this before contacting me.
Apparently the manager is on holiday till Saturday so he is going to be phoning me then.
My car is currently still been built in Barcelona and have no date of delivery.
I have told the dealers that if I don't have my car within the next couple of weeks I'm going else where as I now have list all confidence in them.
Let's see what the manager has to say.
I will keep you all updated!

#276 ·
Taken from another forum

Martorell (Barcelona) factory has 3 week summer break weeks 32-34 (6-26 Aug)

Arona lead times (from when factory accepts order, which can be few weeks) for new orders
10-12 weeks for manual Arona (about 3-4 months total) so delivery November ?
24-26 weeks for DSG Arona (about 6-7 months total) delivery February ?

MY19 orders now opening (except 1.5 petrol which opens in 3-4 months)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.