Seat Arona Forum banner

Virtual digital cockpit coming next year.

22K views 34 replies 15 participants last post by  Anonymous 
#1 ·
Having a Scout around the Internet and found this new dash upgrade coming to Arona's in 2018. Already fitted to Some VW T-Roc's C8EFC016-AB9E-4AF5-9F7C-4862EEC5D53C.jpeg
26751F55-A713-437D-9C82-190CCD2F4A17.jpeg

#29 ·
I ordered an Excellence Lux 115hp DSG on 23 April this year and was disappointed at the spec change announcement in May but went with it in return for the Beats Audio and Winter Pack. Now I here that the virtual cockpit is coming which, as a real gadget freak, I am keen to get. My car is not yet being built but I am told it should arrive in October. The dealer has said that it will be a 2018 model with the analogue dials.
Some people on the forum have said that the virtual cockpit will be fitted to Lux models being built after the August factory shutdown but this all seems very confusing.
I am now seriously considering putting back my order to make sure it is on the new spec and if it also gets me Alcantara seats and leather dash that would be the clincher. The dealer says I have to cancel and re-order and hinting that I will loose my deposit. He is getting back to me later this week after he has spoken with his manager who is away at the moment.
Does anyone have any definitive information on when the virtual cockpit build will be introduced and any experience on delaying an order. I would be willing to pay the extra for the 2019 model if that is what it takes.

#30 ·
Following on from my last post, I decided to cancel my order and re-order when the 2019 model of the Excellence Lux is released. The dealer has agreed to hold on to my deposit and let me know when I can confirm the new order. He knows that this must include the digital cockpit. I also hope that it will revert to Alcantara seats and leather dash which would be a real bonus. Whether this would lose the Beats audio and winter pack is debateable but I would prefer the original spec in any case. If anyone has any info on when to expect the new spec, please let me know. The dealer hasn't any info at the moment but it ought to be soon given the lead times for the DSG,

G
#31 ·
After seeing the digital cockpit, it was what swayed me from ordering an FR to FR Sport (big fan of how that looks after a brief Tesla hire as a birthday gift :D)

Getting the Alcantara seats is another bonus too.

Curious Q. Anyone know how the map and nav views work if you're using Full Link? I'm guessing they don't transmit across?

G
#35 ·
Bonzo said:
Can anyone say if the digital cockpit on the FR sport is available on the FR as well.
Just the FR Sport and Xcellence Lux get Digital Cockpit.

For me, was an extra £1000 in RRP or an extra £500 in the deposit with minimal change in the monthly payment. Wasn't too bad.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.