Petrol MPG stats Anyone?

All Seat Arona related discussions
DavidinScotland

Re: Petrol MPG stats Anyone?

Post by DavidinScotland » Mon May 21, 2018 10:46 am

Thanks everyone. I'm getting between 44 - 52 MPG and have done just over 1K miles taking it easy and running it in. Very pleased with that.
Arona Excellence Lux 115PS Petrol DSG Auto. Monsoon Grey - Eclipse Orange Roof
Pentagon Midnight Tint on all rear windows

BAS98

Post by BAS98 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:48 pm

Hi I have the 115ps DSG Arona and have now done 1600 miles long term average shown as 44.6 mpg. We have found that the driver profile resets to normal every time you restart the car and you have to reselect it. The infotainment display still shows selected profile as eco but gear display shows D not E. Selecting eco each time you start improve fuel consumption we now get low to mid 50's without trying.

number6

Post by number6 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:42 pm

The gear select display will only be D or S, for Drive or Sport. Once Economy selected, it stays E until changed on my 115ps DSG.

DavidinScotland

Post by DavidinScotland » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:59 pm

I brought this up with SEAT
If you select Sport or Economy on the infotainment the gear display shows S or E BUT if you leave the car and come back, when you start the car the infotainment will show what it's last setting was BUT the gear display will show D. SEAT says the gear display setting is correct as the car defaults back to DRIVE setting once switched off and you leave the car. I argued then why does the infotainment display not change as well. So to use Sport or Eco again you have to go back into infotainment and select Sort or eco again and the gear display will change. the gear display is ALWAYS the mode the car is in. I asked when they will fix this. No reply

GazzaB

Post by GazzaB » Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:26 pm

The best MPG on my 115 Petrol so far is 60.8MPG. I was on the M3 and was doing 65MPH and I have my 16inch Steel wheels with Winter Tyres on at the moment.
I did a 920 mile round trip to Germany and averaged 56.7MPG, 423miles to a tank.
Normally my daily commute is a round trip of 7.2 miles and I am getting 36-45MPG depending on weather, and if I drive it slow and steady or get it in Sport mode and get the foot down, also the amount of traffic, if it is jammed up or free flowing.
All of these veriables have an impact on the overall consumption.

Ive got just over 4200 miles on the clock and it have improved the economy, I was getting mid 20's to low 30's when I first got the car.
So need to give it time to loosen up the engine a bit.

David: The mode select reset happens the same on all the VW cars. I had this on on my Mark7 Golf and it did the same.
So I doubt if they will ever fix this.
Arona Excellence Lux 1.0TSi 115PS DSG. Nevada White with Black Roof, OEM dark window tint, Fitted a Carbon Fibre look rear Bumper Guard. Pressed Metal Number plates with Carbon fibre plate holder.
Planning to Do: Sound Deadening.

stottycabanas

Post by stottycabanas » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:21 pm

Has anyone found a way to have the long-term fuel consumption continually on display in the digital dash rather than the trip consumption? I only had a quick play with those settings but it didn't seem to be an option.
Arona Xcellence Lux 1.0L 115PS DSG Desire Red/Midnight Black

DavidinScotland

Post by DavidinScotland » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:00 pm

GazzaB wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:26 pm
The best MPG on my 115 Petrol so far is 60.8MPG. I was on the M3 and was doing 65MPH and I have my 16inch Steel wheels with Winter Tyres on at the moment.
I did a 920 mile round trip to Germany and averaged 56.7MPG, 423miles to a tank.
Normally my daily commute is a round trip of 7.2 miles and I am getting 36-45MPG depending on weather, and if I drive it slow and steady or get it in Sport mode and get the foot down, also the amount of traffic, if it is jammed up or free flowing.
All of these veriables have an impact on the overall consumption.

Ive got just over 4200 miles on the clock and it have improved the economy, I was getting mid 20's to low 30's when I first got the car.
So need to give it time to loosen up the engine a bit.

David: The mode select reset happens the same on all the VW cars. I had this on on my Mark7 Golf and it did the same.
So I doubt if they will ever fix this.
Thanks for that GazzaB

number6

Post by number6 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:16 pm

DavidinScotland wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:59 pm
I brought this up with SEAT
If you select Sport or Economy on the infotainment the gear display shows S or E BUT if you leave the car and come back, when you start the car the infotainment will show what it's last setting was BUT the gear display will show D. SEAT says the gear display setting is correct as the car defaults back to DRIVE setting once switched off and you leave the car. I argued then why does the infotainment display not change as well. So to use Sport or Eco again you have to go back into infotainment and select Sort or eco again and the gear display will change. the gear display is ALWAYS the mode the car is in. I asked when they will fix this. No reply
I visited my Seat dealer about another issue, today, and was told the same thing.
In addition, when restarting and you use the button, on left of the gear stick, to select driving mode, it may say E, on infotainment screen, but to get the E mode you need to switch to another mode, then switch back to E. Then it shows on both info and the gear display.
Seems to be a software issue. Let's hope for an early update.

GazzaB

Post by GazzaB » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:20 pm

I had this mode select on my mk7 golf and that did the same reset to D after power off and on.
So this is not just a SEAT think. its a through over from VW.
as for the sports mode, the settings for steering and acceleration remain in Sports mode just the Gear box goes back to Dynamic.
all you need to do is pull back on the gear stick of the auto box and it engages Sport mode.
pull back again and it changes back to Dynamic.
So for sports mode no need to go back into the mode selector.
I have set up mine in the individual mode, and just use the auto gear stick to select between dynamic and sport.
Never use Eco mode. I have tried it. but the car is sluggish and not great to drive. So I now leave it in my own settings.

Ive started the new job, and this week with the varying temperatures ive been getting from 45-52mpg.
Avg of 47mpg. still on winter tyres, will swap back after easter.
and then see what the difference is then on the normal summer tyres 18" Alloys.
Arona Excellence Lux 1.0TSi 115PS DSG. Nevada White with Black Roof, OEM dark window tint, Fitted a Carbon Fibre look rear Bumper Guard. Pressed Metal Number plates with Carbon fibre plate holder.
Planning to Do: Sound Deadening.

Snowdaddy

Post by Snowdaddy » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:05 am

stottycabanas wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:21 pm
Has anyone found a way to have the long-term fuel consumption continually on display in the digital dash rather than the trip consumption? I only had a quick play with those settings but it didn't seem to be an option.
Scroll thumbwheel until consumption is displayed
Push down the scroll thumbwheel, hold it down, then scroll, should give three options, one of which is long term
Arona Xcelence Lux 115 tsi DSG monsoon grey with orange roof, leather and alcantara interior. Also have a Skoda Roomster.

Return to “Main Seat Arona chat”