Seat Arona Forum banner

Hi, just joined the forum

4K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  richw 
#1 ·
Hi,
Picked up my 95 SE Technology last September but have only just found this forum.
We had recently retired and downsized from two cars to one. Most of our use is around town so the 95 seamed the best engine.
My wife found this the best replacement for her Suzuki as at our age the extra height is helpful.

Peter

#3 ·
Hi Peter,

The 1.0 is nice either way, and you'll love the car, which will improve after a couple of thousand miles.

We also downsized to one car, and have no issues on retirement, we also have a couple of Bicycles which is both useful for local trips and keeping fit!

#4 ·
this is my first time posting here. I got my Arona about 4 weeks ago. I previously had a SEAT Ibiza ST i-Tech with a 1.2 engine. I had that for about 3.5 years and thought it was a great car. I recently changed job location which meant that I was going to be driving about 100 miles a day, 95% of which is motorway driving. I therefore needed to change my car as I was going to exceed my mileage allowance through my PCP deal by quite some bit. I had fancied the Arona due to it being a bit higher off the ground and I occasionally have to give a lift to my elderly parents and it makes it a bit easier for them to get in and out of the car. I had wanted to go for the FR version as I wanted the 1.0 115 engine. The dealer said they had one in stock and could get it in a few days so I signed the paperwork and paid the deposit , However, the next day they called me to say that this was an error and they could only get me the FR Sport (same engine though) which would cost me another £11 a month and it might take months for them to get me the model I had requested. After humming and hawing I decided to go with it (even though I wasn't too keen on having 18" wheels) and the dealer said they would throw in the protection for the interior and exterior (which normally costs £275.00 with them). I appreciate that this isn't comprehensive protection but thought it wasn't too bad a deal. The mats also came with the car but I think that this is standard anyway and a half tank of petrol. So far I have been delighted with the car and apart from the wind noise on the motorway (I just turn my music up fairly loud), I can't really fault the car. I love using the Sport mode when I am driving on country roads and I think the infotainment system is tremendous. I am glad the car doesn't have adaptive cruise control because I had to get the windscreen replaced after just one week as it got hit by a small stone on the motorway which caused a largeish crack and was told by the windscreen replacement people that this would have been much trickier to replace if it had ACC due to the camera on the front windscreen. Anyway, sorry about rambling on and the length of my post

#5 ·
this is my first time posting here. I got my Arona about 4 weeks ago. I previously had a SEAT Ibiza ST i-Tech with a 1.2 engine. I had that for about 3.5 years and thought it was a great car. I recently changed job location which meant that I was going to be driving about 100 miles a day, 95% of which is motorway driving. I therefore needed to change my car as I was going to exceed my mileage allowance through my PCP deal by quite some bit. I had fancied the Arona due to it being a bit higher off the ground and I occasionally have to give a lift to my elderly parents and it makes it a bit easier for them to get in and out of the car. I had wanted to go for the FR version as I wanted the 1.0 115 engine. The dealer said they had one in stock and could get it in a few days so I signed the paperwork and paid the deposit , However, the next day they called me to say that this was an error and they could only get me the FR Sport (same engine though) which would cost me another £11 a month and it might take months for them to get me the model I had requested. After humming and hawing I decided to go with it (even though I wasn't too keen on having 18" wheels) and the dealer said they would throw in the protection for the interior and exterior (which normally costs £275.00 with them). I appreciate that this isn't comprehensive protection but thought it wasn't too bad a deal. The mats also came with the car but I think that this is standard anyway and a half tank of petrol. So far I have been delighted with the car and apart from the wind noise on the motorway (I just turn my music up fairly loud), I can't really fault the car. I love using the Sport mode when I am driving on country roads and I think the infotainment system is tremendous. I am glad the car doesn't have adaptive cruise control because I had to get the windscreen replaced after just one week as it got hit by a small stone on the motorway which caused a largeish crack and was told by the windscreen replacement people that this would have been much trickier to replace if it had ACC due to the camera on the front windscreen. Anyway, sorry about rambling on and the length of my post

#6 ·
Richard Wight said:
I have the Xcellence Lux with ACC and have no camera on/in the windscreen. There is a radar sender/receiver in the centre of the front grille.

#7 ·
ah ha, I wondered about that when the woman from the company asked me if I had ACC. When I spoke with the guy that was performing the windscreen replacement he said that sometimes there is a camera on the screen (I imagine he must mean on other makes of car) but that's good to know for future reference as I will definitely check that out on any future car purchase. Thank you number6

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.