Seat Arona Forum banner

Speed Limit Symbols Since Sat Nav Update

14K views 23 replies 7 participants last post by  Brian566 
#1 ·
Hi All
Since Updating my Sat Nav to version 1115 from 1030 using Europe 1 map update Following the instruction on the Sat Nav update link .
I have had no issues and works perfect until this week :
I was on the A59 which is a 60mph limit towards Skipton. On checking the Display it now shows two speed limit symbols 50 and 60 also in also further on another road t showed 50 and 40 before the update I only ever had one speed symbol showing

Been out again using the Sat Nav and the problem appears to be trunk roads were the national Sped Limit is 60mph when ever you are on a 60mph road the Sat Nav shows 2 speed symbols on the map left hand side
were before it showed one 60 mph .

Anybody else noticed this after updating :?:

#3 ·
National Speed limits do vary by vehicle type, sounds like it is not sure if you are driving a car with/without a trailer or another type of vehicle
eg single carriageway is 60 for car, but 50 for car with trailer/caravan

Wonder if there is a step that defines vehicle category that got missed out, does your car have a tow bar ?

#4 ·
Snowdaddy said:
National Speed limits do vary by vehicle type, sounds like it is not sure if you are driving a car with/without a trailer or another type of vehicle
eg single carriageway is 60 for car, but 50 for car with trailer/caravan

Wonder if there is a step that defines vehicle category that got missed out, does your car have a tow bar ?
No
but that what I am thinking its caravan or trailer speed limits as well as Car

#5 ·
IMG_2656.JPGHere is a picture NOT driving
Run route in demo Mode
I have also made sure the trailer box is unticked in route guidance
Update

I have now just had over a hour on M62 and M1 NO speed symbols showing at all ??
I am sure it used to have the 70 symbol before
can anybody confirm this

#11 ·
Just re updated SD card using the VW discovery software and the VW map update suspect its still the same 1115 just been out still the same on the
A660 still shows two speed signs

" Must be a Yorkshire Road Thing " ! :D

IMG_2836.JPG
IMG_2835.JPG

#13 ·
Elevenses said:
Isn't it easier just to look at the road signs which are supplied with every road?

Just sayin'
Yes aware of that it 🚔🚔
Just seems strange that it's on updated maps and asking if it as happens to others

#15 ·
Updated to 1115 with only one speed limit showing - until yesterday.

Inverness to Perth and return along A9 - a mix of single and dual carriageway

Showed 60 limit on single carriageway and both 60 and underneath 70 on dual carriageway

Not therefore just a Yorkshire thing, Brian566 &#x1f3f4-e0067-e0062-e0073-e0063-e0074-e007f;

#16 ·
Beansenior said:

Showed 60 limit on single carriageway and both 60 and underneath 70 on dual carriageway

Not therefore just a Yorkshire thing, Brian566 &#x1f3f4-e0067-e0062-e0073-e0063-e0074-e007f;
Cheers for that i thought it was just Me

#17 ·
Beansenior said:

Now updated to 1310

Did the same run Inverness to Perth and return

Speed limits shown correctly- and only one now shown at a time

Ken

#19 ·
jvkl said:
BenC said:
AronaKent said:
Great find. What version does it update to?
You can also change the region to "Europe AS", which is the combined all-Europe map (13+GB).
I found out that there is a new version: 1310.

I used this link: https://webspecial.volkswagen.de/vwinfotainment/nl/nl/index/downloads/maps-download#/?car=cde11bb1-9e3b-47b7-9373-9402468c7d08&navi=f7d60bb5-e4c7-4f15-a629-ed994e464a9f

I did the overwrite with the original "overall.nds" file as mentioned by BenC on page 7 (step 4).

Did work for me. Can't guarantee if it works for others.

#21 ·
Also getting the twin speed limit signs on the satnav following my update. I just assumed this was because of twin max limits depending on vehicle size/trailer towing. It's not really a problem, just an oddity.
Satnav version is 1115 - update using the guidance on this site.
The newer version (1310) came out a couple of days after I'd updated to 1115 - time to get that SD card out again!

[Edit] So, the "newer" version appears to be the same as the old version 1115. The VW update software told me there was a newer version - but I can't see any difference. I guess it's possible that some of the maps have changed, but I'll never know!
The dual speed limit indication is still there. At least it still works though! 😊

#22 ·
Just updated to version 1310 the dual speed issue has now gone single 60 mph symbol on nation limits
It must have been a bug in 1115 suspect its a trailer or good vehicle issue

Glad its solved

#23 ·
Brian566 said:
Just updated to version 1310 the dual speed issue has now gone single 60 mph symbol on nation limits
It must have been a bug in 1115 suspect its a trailer or good vehicle issue

Glad its solved
Going to try again without using the vW update software. Very annoying. Very time consuming!

#24 ·
Took less than a hr the time delay is deleting and adding new files to SD card so slow but s a simple process
download new file from seat website to a new folder
copy old files from SD card to a new folder then delete them from SD card
Copy New files to SD card

Then copy the "overall.nds" from the old sd card file folder and overwrite in on the SD card

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.