Seat Arona Forum banner

Sat nav updates

137K views 227 replies 54 participants last post by  superorange 
#1 ·
Hi there I've had my Arona since March , any nod got any info on updating the sat nav ? There is a big new road in Aberdeen and it's still to open but would like info is it done via gps or manually transfer on the SD card ? Thoughts ?

#128 ·
Just spoke to Seat UK suggesting i may have purchased an Arona with outdated maps,said i had seen an update on a Seat forum(1115)he mentioned that it was a european forum,anyhow the main point which is new to me is that you get free updates for a year,remove your SD card,note the number,give it to the spares department and they will check,if out of date ring Seat customer care and qoute PR77q,basically a part number for your free update

tjw

#129 ·
The above method worked great for me, Updating my wife's Nov 2018 Leon FR. However I also wrote my own notes to myself, so just in case it helps someone, I copy below - all performed on Windows 10 PC. Tis method worked great for me Jan19 and June19.
Remove the SatNav SDHC from the car.
Save VERY CAREFULLY the file overall.nds from the SDHC, NEVER LOOSE THAT ORIGINAL FILE - EMAIL IT TO YOURSELF.
the file date should be 19/09/2017 09.49. (08.49) (In my case)
and for security I emailed it to (myemail@outlook.com), Thu 07/03/2019 06:14
ONLY WHEN THAT FILE IS SAFE
Delete all files on the SDHC
Download the Satnav update from https://www.seat.com/owners/your-seat/navigation/leon-6p0.html
the first three digits should be "6P0", in order to download the following file.
1115_MP181-1284.xEUR1.zip
Copy the extracted new files onto the SDHC,
Find that safely saved overall.nds and overwrite the new file that came with the recent download
Finish - Test

#130 ·
I find it amazing that car manufacturers (mostly) don't bother providing updated maps with their satnav software. I'm about to do mine having just picked the car up a few days ago - the info on this site is very useful. Fingers crossed that it all still works at the end!

[Edit] So.... all is good. The update worked fine (following the steps posted on here. I now have version 1115, which is showing as the 2019-2020 map info.

:D

#131 ·
malanderson said:
The above method worked great for me, Updating my wife's Nov 2018 Leon FR. However I also wrote my own notes to myself, so just in case it helps someone, I copy below - all performed on Windows 10 PC. Tis method worked great for me Jan19 and June19.
Remove the SatNav SDHC from the car.
Save VERY CAREFULLY the file overall.nds from the SDHC, NEVER LOOSE THAT ORIGINAL FILE - EMAIL IT TO YOURSELF.
the file date should be 19/09/2017 09.49. (08.49) (In my case)
and for security I emailed it to (myemail@outlook.com), Thu 07/03/2019 06:14
ONLY WHEN THAT FILE IS SAFE
Delete all files on the SDHC
Download the Satnav update from https://www.seat.com/owners/your-seat/navigation/leon-6p0.html
the first three digits should be "6P0", in order to download the following file.
1115_MP181-1284.xEUR1.zip
Copy the extracted new files onto the SDHC,
Find that safely saved overall.nds and overwrite the new file that came with the recent download
Finish - Test
Thanks - followed this method and it worked fine.

I had first of all tried the method earlier of using Discovery Care software but once it got to the stage of checking the download, it threw up a Checksum error - no idea why though.

#132 ·
BenC said:
AronaKent said:
Great find. What version does it update to?
You can also change the region to "Europe AS", which is the combined all-Europe map (13+GB).
I found out that there is a new version: 1310.

I used this link: https://webspecial.volkswagen.de/vwinfotainment/nl/nl/index/downloads/maps-download#/?car=cde11bb1-9e3b-47b7-9373-9402468c7d08&navi=f7d60bb5-e4c7-4f15-a629-ed994e464a9f

I did the overwrite with the original "overall.nds" file as mentioned by BenC on page 7 (step 4).

Did work for me. Can't guarantee if it works for others.

#135 ·
I have successfully updated to 1310 using the file from Seat, linked in my last post.

Same process as I did previously with copying the OVERALL.NDS file from the original card data to the new update

#140 ·
yes, installed Volkswagen discovercare (downloadmanager) inserted the Seat sd-card , made a safety backup first,and selected the 14Gb full Europa map.
Auto-backup, download and installation. couldn't be more simple than this. (I hoped)
Version 1310 is installed now, but it toke 5 hours.
First backup, and download of 14Gb new data... SH@!$!$%T!!! no more room on my harddisk.....
Error... and start over again. At last backup and download (again 14Gb) were correct, than it toke over one hour to put on the sd card.
But it worked... without copying the OVERALL.NDS file...

Thank you all for the helpfull tips in this thread.

#141 ·
Did you know, overhere in the Netherlands, we have lifetime Seat Map Care ??
It depends on the code 7RE / PM4 / PM6 and production after week 36 of 2018.

I knew it... I've read it somewhere, but couldn't find it, my dealer told me only 3 years update, but this proofs him wrong.
It's only on the dutch Seat site, not on the international .com site

Lifetime.jpg

#142 ·
Lampie said:
yes, installed Volkswagen discovercare (downloadmanager) inserted the Seat sd-card , made a safety backup first,and selected the 14Gb full Europa map.
Auto-backup, download and installation. couldn't be more simple than this. (I hoped)
Version 1310 is installed now, but it toke 5 hours.
First backup, and download of 14Gb new data... SH@!$!$%T!!! no more room on my harddisk.....
Error... and start over again. At last backup and download (again 14Gb) were correct, than it toke over one hour to put on the sd card.
But it worked... without copying the OVERALL.NDS file...

Thank you all for the helpfull tips in this thread.
Yes, those of us in the UK aren't entitled to free updates so we have to 'crack' it by copying the overall.nds file. You are based in the Netherlands so are probably entitled to free updates so don't need to copy the overall.nds.

#143 ·
AronaKent said:
I have successfully updated to 1310 using the file from Seat, linked in my last post.

Same process as I did previously with copying the OVERALL.NDS file from the original card data to the new update
Hi there , been a while since I was on here , once again thanks for you sharing the knowledge and I've just updated this afternoon happy days that's my second update the car originally had 0915 , then 1115 , now 1310

G
#145 ·
I am finding overall.nds in EEC and several under Maps/products/ E1,E2 etc tried changing one. Then all. Website says users in the UK can't do it yet but sounds like EU customers can get theirs and UK as well. Not working for me at present .Im in UK

#149 ·
Hi all,

So a few months ago, my old laptop managed to corrupt my original Seat SD card ironically whilst I was trying to back it up so that I could then update it. Naturally dejected as it wiped my original OVERALL.NDS file. I have since got a new laptop and inserted the SD card into it and confirming my horror, the card was semi-wiped by my old laptop including the important "Overall" file. So I went ahead and thought, let me just completely format it properly on my new laptop.

After this I thought well what have I got to lost I've lost my OVERALL file anyway...so I downloaded 1310 update. Inserted into my car, and the dreaded "Navigation Database Not Available" error came up.

Is there ANYTHING I can do as a workaround as I don't have my overall.nds file? Of course I guess I could pay Seat and get a new SD card put in and then update it myself, this time with a new laptop that will back it up properly before I start. But I would rather not pay Seat if I could avoid itand my local dealer is a bit of a dud, I have called twice about a new SD card, they've said they'll find out and call me back but to no avail...! Can I buy a new/genuine seat SD card from eBay instead?

Any means to resurrect, solve things would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Nik

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.