Seat Arona Forum banner

Car in transit?

13K views 31 replies 6 participants last post by  buzzted 
#1 ·
My Arona was built week 32, but all I've got from my dealer since then is them saying it's "in transit"
Anybody else had one built the same week as mine or have any idea what ships they use so I could at least attempt to track it?

#27 ·
Ditch said:
My car arrived in Grimsby last week 4th Sept. I was told by my dealer between 7 to 10 days for shipment to dealer. Today I called Seat who told me that it would be transported from Grimsby on Friday 20th. My dealer then needs 2 days to turn it around. So it will be the 24th before I can pick up. Almost 3 weeks from docking in the UK. There is no doubt that I would have walked away knowing that it would be so long to receive the car. In the days of Lean manufacturing Seat are a joke. I worked as an Operations Manager for a. Tier 1 brake supplier for 40 years until retiring in May this year. We had less than a week to produce and deliver the breaks (MQB) for this vehicle.
I got lucky that it arrived at the dealers the day after shipment, I took delivery of mine today and I can honestly say it'll be worth the wait

#30 ·
Ditch said:
So bizarrely after Seat Customer Service telling me that my car would not be transferred from the dock until the 20th it has arrived at the dealership today ! Not sure that one hand knows what the other is doing !
I'm pretty sure the transport company they contract get a certain amount of time to move all cars from the shipment to the dealers, so it's pure pot luck as to when it arrives

#32 ·
In my conversations with SEAT customer services it's come to light the dealership had given me incorrect information multiple times regarding lead times & delivery estimates.

Car not arriving in to the UK until around 22nd September and may not be with me until as late as first week in October!

Bug bear being I am scraping my current car next weekend as it's MOT is on 30th Sept and it will not pass (£900+ fixes for a car worth about £300 if lucky)

SEAT are going to be arranging a courtesy car for me to bridge the gap so that's positive...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.