Seat Arona Forum banner

Sat nav updates

137K views 227 replies 54 participants last post by  superorange 
#1 ·
Hi there I've had my Arona since March , any nod got any info on updating the sat nav ? There is a big new road in Aberdeen and it's still to open but would like info is it done via gps or manually transfer on the SD card ? Thoughts ?

#155 ·
Lampie said:
yes, installed Volkswagen discovercare (downloadmanager) inserted the Seat sd-card , made a safety backup first,and selected the 14Gb full Europa map.
Auto-backup, download and installation. couldn't be more simple than this. (I hoped)
Version 1310 is installed now, but it toke 5 hours.
First backup, and download of 14Gb new data... SH@!$!$%T!!! no more room on my harddisk.....
Error... and start over again. At last backup and download (again 14Gb) were correct, than it toke over one hour to put on the sd card.
But it worked... without copying the OVERALL.NDS file...
Thank you all for the helpfull tips in this thread.
I tried this way. Tried eur1 and full Europe.
Backup worked
After download, got error message
DiscoverCare - Corrupt File
The file or directory
\maps\00\sds\XK is corrupt and unreadable. Pleases run the Chkdsk utility

Any ideas, anyone please?

#157 ·
Williecarona said:
I think the NDS file is coded to the car - that's why you have to copy it over when doing the update procedure
Ok so I can confirm this is DEFINITELY not true. Thankfully, fellow members from the Ateca forum kindly managed to help me. Another gentleman who had the same original version as my SD card did sent me his OVERALL.NDS file, I copied this onto my SD card and my maps are all working again now. So this definitely rules out the theory that the OVERALL.NDS file is linked to the car...it is not. I can only conclude that it is probably linked to the original file version that it was purchased with. However, whether the car itself is locked to a very specific SD card or not I do not know as thankfully I still have the SD card in working order (my old laptop didn't manage to kill it for good lol!).

#159 ·
coolnikhit28 said:
Williecarona said:
I think the NDS file is coded to the car - that's why you have to copy it over when doing the update procedure
Ok so I can confirm this is DEFINITELY not true. Thankfully, fellow members from the Ateca forum kindly managed to help me. Another gentleman who had the same original version as my SD card did sent me his OVERALL.NDS file, I copied this onto my SD card and my maps are all working again now. So this definitely rules out the theory that the OVERALL.NDS file is linked to the car...it is not. I can only conclude that it is probably linked to the original file version that it was purchased with. However, whether the car itself is locked to a very specific SD card or not I do not know as thankfully I still have the SD card in working order (my old laptop didn't manage to kill it for good lol!).
Hi that's good to hear , I am glad we have bottomed out this and everything has worked out. Happy motoring

#160 ·
Just tried a couple of ways to update our new-to-us 2018 Arona SE Tech.

In the end I did use the VW Discovercare, which allowed me to do the FULL EUROPE ECEAS - Full Update (14Gb) as per the original card, but I still had to copy the OVERALL.NDS from my SD Card backup after updating. Who Knows, one day I may want to tour around Gibraltar, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Island, Italy, Kosovo & Latvia :D :D :D

We also have a 2019 Ateca which after some messing around with the downloads from SEAT website, was able to update but only with one of the smaller map groups that included the UK.

Today I will use the VW Discovercare, and do the FULL EUROPE (14Gb) install and test without using my original OVERALL.NDS file.

Thanks for all your help here with this, although I really love our SEAT's and in all we have owned 8 of them over the years, I think SEAT UK is a bit mean to stop us from legitimately updating these Maps, and so far on the SEAT UK website it does actually link you to the download page where I can find no warning saying you cannot update in the UK!

#161 ·
RAlphUp said:
Just tried a couple of ways to update our new-to-us 2018 Arona SE Tech.

In the end I did use the VW Discovercare, which allowed me to do the FULL EUROPE ECEAS - Full Update (14Gb) as per the original card, but I still had to copy the OVERALL.NDS from my SD Card backup after updating. Who Knows, one day I may want to tour around Gibraltar, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Island, Italy, Kosovo & Latvia :D :D :D

We also have a 2019 Ateca which after some messing around with the downloads from SEAT website, was able to update but only with one of the smaller map groups that included the UK.

Today I will use the VW Discovercare, and do the FULL EUROPE (14Gb) install and test without using my original OVERALL.NDS file.

Thanks for all your help here with this, although I really love our SEAT's and in all we have owned 8 of them over the years, I think SEAT UK is a bit mean to stop us from legitimately updating these Maps, and so far on the SEAT UK website it does actually link you to the download page where I can find no warning saying you cannot update in the UK!
Ok feedback:
2018 (68 Plate) Arona SE Tech - Using VW discovery and updating to the FULL EUROPE ECEAS - Full Update (14Gb)

Worked, but only after the original OVERALL.NDS file was restored - Now on MAPS 2020 (v1310)

2019 (69 Plate) Ateca XCELLENCE Lux - Using VW discovery and updating to the FULL EUROPE ECEAS - Full Update (14Gb)

Worked straight away without the need for the original OVERALL.NDS - Now on MAPS 2020 (v1310)

2019 (19 Plate) Leon SE Tech - Using VW discovery and updating to the FULL EUROPE ECEAS - Full Update (14Gb)

Worked, but only after the original OVERALL.NDS file was restored, first few attempts NO DATABASE, then I unlocked the SD card and it started to work, maybe the header unit needs to be able to update the file itself (haven't done any further investigation on that though! Now with the SD Card switch in the Locked position, maps are working - Now on MAPS 2020 (v1310)

PS NEVER Put the SD card in the CD Slot, wasn't paying attention when re-inserting the card, luckly it didnt go all the way in and I managed to get it out with a pair of tweezers! DOH!!! :eek: :eek:

#162 ·
I download the v1310 maps recently and the file is 5.88 Gb, where does all this 14 Gb stuff come from ? I think I'm right in saying it's the whole of Europe that's in that download, and the Sat Nav software itself would not be all that big even if it were to be upgraded at the same time.

#163 ·
I go to the VW site, look for the nav updatesite.
Choose the T-roc , system 2019 >> , use updatemanager and start complete Europa (13 Gb)

Strange thing today, you can download bundle 1 DiscoverMedia2_EU_AS_1430_V12.7z and when you use the update assistent, you get the 1310 version.
But that version is different from the version of June 2019

https://webspecial.volkswagen.de/vwinfotainment/nl/nl/index/downloads/maps-download#/?car=dea24158-1281-49d7-ab2b-9199dc006ab0&navi=87eac55c-e007-4fdb-9a4c-1fa5dfc5ce8d

EDIT : 22:50 system manually updated to 1430, including speedcams... perfect.
Good to go !

#165 ·
I have a year subscription for only € 10 ,for the known speedcams in Europe, works great with the VAG navigation systems.
And when you report a new speedcam, or a deleted one... you get a year free
Monthly update

https://www.flitspalen.nl/

You put about 23Mb on a SD card or USB stick
turn on the navigation,go to setup, push update in the top corner of the screen.
After that , you have to go to the setup/POI to turn them on, just like you turn on the petrolstations, or restaurants, or ATM machines....
you will be hearing a signal (tone) when a speadcam is nearby, also when it is in opposite direction.
This works even when you don't use the navigation, and driving with music on, about 40 meters before the speedcam you hear it.
When stopped by the police, like in France, you can delete them all with 4 clicks , without a trace.

CLICK HERE : link to dropbox zipfile 07-2019 speedcams (just for testing... promise you will buy a subscription :roll: )
https://www.dropbox.com/s/myfs1ugjicyntju/volkswagen%20%280%29.zip?dl=0

#168 ·
Use google translate ( :lol: only a tip)

I don't think you can separate the file only for the UK.

Just make way ... I'm going to Crawley/Horseham on the 21th of December.
Look for a lefthand driven blue Arona with black roof.
If everything works Full LED, also the fog lamps / cornering lights

#170 ·
Reading all topics about Seat-Navigation.... everytime it is stated that it will not work on any other SD card other than updating the original SEAT SD card for 'our' navigation

#171 ·
trev3 said:
Hi
Finally decided to try and update my satnav info with your help
I have bought a 32 Gb SD card, I presume it will require formatting, which one ? Fat32 NTFS ?
Thanks
Ah I think I must have misunderstood :cry:
Followed all of the instructions and it does not work, but now think it will only work with the original card?
Have backed up the original so now do I delete the original card and follow the instructions again?
A further question have the latest versions eliminated the silly instructions given by the satnav eg turning off a motorway/A road only to rejoin at the same junction.

#172 ·
I asked my dealer in Exeter yesterday. He told me that I would have to buy a new SD card from them. I think he quoted around £150. I told him where to put it ! It is disgusting if self downloaded updates are not available. My Tom Tom used in my previous car has free downloads for life.

Roger

#173 ·
In the UK : backup your data to a disk.
download the new map, extract it with 7-zip to the empty original SD-card (just delete content first, do not format)
and copy the file Overall.nds out of your backup onto the SD card, click yes when the system asks to overwrite the existing file.
Done....

When you have mapcare.. just use updatemanager on the VW site.

#175 ·
Roger H said:
I asked my dealer in Exeter yesterday. He told me that I would have to buy a new SD card from them. I think he quoted around £150. I told him where to put it ! It is disgusting if self downloaded updates are not available. My Tom Tom used in my previous car has free downloads for life.

Roger
All the post tell you to use the original card no other card will work
There are two threads with instructors done mine twice plus next doors

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.