Seat Arona Forum banner

Engine cutting out 1.6TDI DSG

13K views 18 replies 5 participants last post by  Toroidalsquash 
#1 ·
So I've had my Arona since September, all is well until about a month ago when stopping at a roundabout the stop/start kicks in and then I get a dashboard warning saying start engine manually, not a problem I do the whole KESSY start thing but the engine just would not remain on until after around 4-5 tries.
Over the next month this has just got more common and common, I've tried turning off the stop/start and whenever I slow down for a junction or try to park the engine will cut out and ask me to start it manually. I've got it booked in with the dealers for the 30th but I'm just wondering if anybody else has had this issue?

#2 ·
Hi I have the same model. Within the last month I have had exactly the same things happening. The car is booked in with the main dealer for the 15th but it's definitely happening more often.
Did you find out the cause?
When it happens to mine there are no engine or warning lights on. It just suddenly dies and then will not start again for anything between 2 and 10 minutes being the longest so far. Even holding the key against the kessy sign makes no difference. The main dealers said without engine lights they were unlikely to be able to diagnose the fault and had never heard of this problem before.

#3 ·
Unfortunately no cause yet, they couldn't diagnose my car and they had it for 6 hours, no warning lights or any sign of it happening,
One thing I will say is it does get worse, and it'll start happening more often.
My Arona is booked in again for the 27th for a few days, hopefully they'll sort it then

#4 ·
Thank you for replying. It definitely does get worse, started off it doing it roughly every 150 miles. That's now down to 25ish miles as of today. Dam near caused a massive accident as I turned off and it cut out in the middle of the main road
Didn't have enough speed up to clear the main road. Back end sticking out, hazards on until it decided it was going to start again. Mine's at the main dealer this Wednesday
I will let you know if they find anything. I have recorded mine refusing to start and no warning lights on so they can see there is definitely something wrong. I have noticed it has only ever done it when turning or at a junction. Is that the same for you?

#5 ·
So I'm sat in the main dealers now. They found a fault and are giving the car 2 software updates.. Can that really cause a car to keep stalling whilst driving? Time will tell I guess. Will let you know if it solved the problem. I'm not feeling confident, but then what do I know about cars?

#13 ·
I'm sorry yours is not fixed. I still feel nervous driving mine, particularly coming up to a junction or turning. But it's not cut out once since the software updates. My daughter knows someone with the same model who is having the exactly the same issues. I will ask her what happened with that car.

#16 ·
Had mine since September and the engine cuts out and is happening more frequently. It is very frightening not to mention dangerous and I am frightened to go out in it. Did put it into the garage a few weeks ago and they said they couldn't find anything wrong, just advised to turn the start stop function off. This is a motobility car and I live way out in the country but garage can't look at it until 3rd April!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.