Display between Speedometer and Tachometer

All Seat Arona related discussions
frankturley

Display between Speedometer and Tachometer

Post by frankturley » Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:48 pm

I have recently acquired a SEAT Arona SE Technology 1.0 TSI 115PS 7-speed DSG automatic. When I went for a test drive the display box between the speedometer and the tachometer showed a digital speed, and since I acquired the car it has also displayed the miles of petrol left. Since using the satnav it has changed to a digital compass. I have read the manuals for the car and the infotainment display, but I cannot find any mention of how to set this display to my desired information. Can anyone help me please?

Bonzo

Re: Display between Speedometer and Tachometer

Post by Bonzo » Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:55 pm

On the right hand side steering wheel controls arrow left or right until driving data appears, press the toggle wheel under said arrows to go into driving data, then turn wheel until desired info appears.
Hope this helps, it’s far easier to do than write down
FR 115 with DSG

Snowdaddy

Post by Snowdaddy » Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:02 pm

frankturley wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:48 pm
I have recently acquired a SEAT Arona SE Technology 1.0 TSI 115PS 7-speed DSG automatic. When I went for a test drive the display box between the speedometer and the tachometer showed a digital speed, and since I acquired the car it has also displayed the miles of petrol left. Since using the satnav it has changed to a digital compass. I have read the manuals for the car and the infotainment display, but I cannot find any mention of how to set this display to my desired information. Can anyone help me please?
There is all sorts of displays possible, and it is all done with the right hand buttons on the steering wheel.

The 2 buttons that look like folder arrows left/right changes the display by what sort of thing : compass / driving data / phone etc

The thumbwheel then changes the options that can be displayed (eg the digital speed is within driving display as is mpg)

Pressing (and holding down the thumbwheel whilst turning it) changes some sub-displays eg mpg can be since start, since last refuel, or average over upto 2000 miles

It is possible to turn some options on an off (so they don’t appear when you scroll) on infotainment by going into car, settings, then scrolling down and clicking into items and ticking and unticking boxes (just touch the screen where box is). If car is new, spend a few minutes going through whole list choosing what you like (only have to do this once, unless later want to change something)

Note the order and options in lists will depend on spec and what is fitted
Arona Xcelence Lux 115 tsi DSG monsoon grey with orange roof, leather and alcantara interior. Also have a Skoda Roomster.

frankturley

Post by frankturley » Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:57 pm

I wondered what the thumbwheel did, now I must experiment. Many thanks for the quick response.

BigFatPaulie

Post by BigFatPaulie » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:18 pm

Scroll using the right hand buttons until you see what looks like a petrol pump with a clock behind it on the display... then roll the righthand wheel to get speed.
Seat Arona Xcellance Lux 1.6 oil burner DSG

Return to “Main Seat Arona chat”