Front Assist

Faults and Technical chat for the Seat Arona
Nivram

Front Assist

Post by Nivram » Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:44 am

My ARONA Front Assist System stopped functioning correctly just 3 weeks after purchase from new (April 2018)
In the meantime both my dealer and SEAT UK have turned their backs on the problem - they have failed to rectify this serious fault. Now over 18 months old my ARONA still has a dysfunctional front Assist. What’s more my supplying dealer in Lincoln does not respond to my correspondence on the issue.
I feel frustrated and certainly treated with contempt by SEAT UK and it’s local dealer in their handling of this long standing issue leaving me with the feeling that they just don’t care.
As customers we deserve better than this.
XLux 115 DSG

belknap

Re: Front Assist

Post by belknap » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:19 am

hi nivram , mine as never worked properly since i bought the car and yes you are right no one wants to know including seat uk ..mine went back to the dealer twice and all they said was nothing wrong but we have reset back to factory settings ?? as if that would cure it ..my last car honda civic 2017 the assist system worked perfectly this seat assist is hopeless .

Nivram

Post by Nivram » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:40 am

Thanks for your response
Hopeless beautifully sums up the functionality of SEATS Front Assist and of course SEAT’S lack of diagnostic and fault finding capability.

BigFatPaulie

Post by BigFatPaulie » Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:17 pm

Why do you put up with shoddy goods ? there are laws protecting you.... use them !
Seat Arona Xcellance Lux 1.6 oil burner DSG

belknap

Post by belknap » Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:42 pm

i have to drive 40 miles to my seat dealer that is after i have complained to both seat uk and the dealer all i get is frustrated by their lack of response and total " dont give a shit attitude" this is my first seat car and my last ..after being with honda for 20 plus years and a superb after sales service.

Nivram

Post by Nivram » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:45 pm

During the past 18 months l have exhausted every possibility to resolve this issue. SEAT UK and the Lincoln Main dealer are simply not interested. Seat UK will not even accept expert opinion! Only tick box, template and diagnostic evidence via their lay “Customer Service” staff.
Legal avenues have been explored, but quite frankly the costs are prohibitive.
I feel a much more effective solution is social media. To this end I am compiling a rather tasty video and written evidence (Emails) portfolio.
This is free exposure and by all accounts a very effective solution to deliberate intransigence by Manufacturers and Dealers.
Since I realised (long ago) I was being “fobbed off “ by SEAT I have collected a lot of usable written, verbal and video data. Interestingly, some of the responses to my questions and queries deserve: “The Carnegie award for contemporary fiction”
As I still have 18 months warranty left on the vehicle I will continue my compilation.
The issue has been referred to The Motor Ombudsman; navigating your way through their system is very slow and confusing I have sought the help of Resolver with the problem and this seems working well.
Interestingly, I note that Front Assist is no longer specified on SEAT ARONA models !!!!

ARONA Xlux 115 DSG Red Black

keitht

Post by keitht » Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:11 pm

I assume you have tried emailing the SEAT UK Managing Director? On the couple of occasions I have got frustrated with their normal customer service the “Executive Team” have resolved my issues to my satisfaction.
Front assist is still listed in the on line Arona price list for all models.
FR Sport Mystery Blue with Black Roof

Nivram

Post by Nivram » Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:23 pm

Many thanks
Have mailed UK MD twice - not even a courteous response.

My case was previously escalated to the “Executive Team” Final outcome: no Fault code, no problem.

I will revisit the ARONA specs re: Front Assist

Nivram

Post by Nivram » Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:28 pm

Checked Specification for ARONA.
I am unable to find any reference to Front Assist availability.

ACC is specified but this is totally different to Front Assist

keitht

Post by keitht » Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:18 pm

See page 6 of the Arona Pricing and Specification List. Item 5 of Safety and Security “ Emergency Brake Assist (EBA) and Front Assist”. Page 6 lists the spec for the base SE, other versions usually add to this base.
FR Sport Mystery Blue with Black Roof

Return to “Faults & Technical”