Airflow & fogging up

All Seat Arona related discussions
Brucie

Airflow & fogging up

Post by Brucie » Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:34 am

I've noticed something peculiar. When I turn the blower all the way up and turn the knob to distribute the air to the footwells only, I still feel quite a lot of air coming from both the left and right vents. The middle ones not so much. I have manual air-conditioning.

Also when the weather outside is less than ideal, the front window especially starts fogging up real easy. It's especially bad when it rains or when it's really cold outside. When I distribute the air to the window the issue disappears, but I have to say that my previous car (Honda Insight) never had this problem. Then again I had climate control on that one, so maybe that helped? Never put it on auto though.

Could anyone confirm if these 'issues' are normal? This is my first new car, but I'm let down by the quality control.
I had to go back to the dealer three times to get the rubber door seals replaced under warranty.
The engine and the handling on the road are fantastic though.

trev3

Re: Airflow & fogging up

Post by trev3 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:14 am

Yes my Arona does mist up more quickly than my previous cars, both front and side windows.
More so when it is raining.
Directing the fan to the screen does clear it quickly though.
Arona SE Tech red/black roof . Collected June 14 2018 :)

MotorMan

Post by MotorMan » Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:25 am

I too have noticed the air distribution seems to have a mind of it's own. The side windows in particular seem to mist-up quickly especially with 3-4 people in the car. I tend to use the 'auto' function which usually produces lots of fan noise initially but does at least keep the side windows clear. Mine has the climate control but I'd actually prefer my previous car's manual air conditioning which seemed more flexible.
Xcellence 115PS Red/ Black roof

Cap boiler

Post by Cap boiler » Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:33 pm

As expected and not unusually, given the seasonal change, this issue arises. Not difficult to use max setting with aircon to clear- multiple factors come into play - is the engine warmed up- is the re-circulate off- is there wet clothing/gear in the cabin.
I’ve never found a problem clearing the windscreen and side windows, then reverting to auto setting on climate control to maintain comfortable and clear glass.

Brucie

Post by Brucie » Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:25 am

I'm kind of relieved to hear other owners having the same experience. I'll just chuck the quick misting up to the characteristics of the car.

Thanks for the replies.

Return to “Main Seat Arona chat”